Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Absurd wait times all of the sudden

OP Whitedooom

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Just throwing this idea out - but do you think it’s got anything to do with the Halo Reach servers being stress tested? :/ otherwise I’ve got no clue what is happening
I have too probelm to find a match, too. In my opinion 343 needs to delete some modalities and keep only the plaiest.
Just got a fast Assault game only to have most of the lobby lag out within 45 seconds. Ended up being a 2v5
Hey all, thanks for letting us know about the issues. I'd like to collect some more information so if you can let me know the following, that'd be really helpful.

1. What region do you live in? (US, EU, Asia, etc)
  2. What playlist are you attempting to search?
  3. If you're searching ranked playlists, what rank are you in that playlist? If unranked, what is your historic rank in that playlist?
  4. What time of day are you searching?
  5. Are you searching solo or with friends?
  6. What is the exact message you're getting on failure? Screenshots are helpful, feel free to grab one and link to your Xbox DVR page or upload the image to a hosting site and link it here.
Thanks again!
1. US, West Coast
2. Warzone, FF and Infection.
3. Haven't searched in ranked.
4. 5;00 am - 5:00 pm
5. Solo
6. "Unable to match There may not be enough players to support a game in this playlist. Please try a different playlist.
1. EU
2. Warzone Assault and Infection.
3. N/A
4. 21:00 CEST + a few hours sometimes
5. Solo
6. "Unable to match There may not be enough players to support a game in this playlist. Please try a different playlist.

The white spinning circle-thingy also spins for longer than usual. (after the countdown).
Whitedooom wrote:
Just got a fast Assault game only to have most of the lobby lag out within 45 seconds. Ended up being a 2v5
I just had this in Infection. Only 2 were left on the server after the rest got disconnected.
Hey all, thanks for letting us know about the issues. I'd like to collect some more information so if you can let me know the following, that'd be really helpful.

3. If you're searching ranked playlists, what rank are you in that playlist? If unranked, what is your historic rank in that playlist?
  6. What is the exact message you're getting on failure? Screenshots are helpful, feel free to grab one and link to your Xbox DVR page or upload the image to a hosting site and link it here.
Thanks again!
1. US Eastern
2.Warzone/ Warzone Assault
3. Unranked playlist
4. Early morning late night hours, between 12pm and 8am
5.solo queuing
6. Unable to match due to low population, or something along those lines.. pops up after 15 mins of searching
You know something's wrong when you can't find a game in Super Fiesta.
Man, where the heck did everyone go? I thought I was the only one having this problem.
Oddly enough Firefight seems uneffected.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Had this problem all weekend. I'm trying to grind hard to hit 152 before Infinite drops and the weekends are my best time to play, but I spent nearly as long waiting as I did playing. Seriously, each wait time was up to 20 minutes and made playing almost impossible. Still happening this morning too, and I seriously doubt that the population could have dropped so low.
even just the respawn timer is horrible especially in Warzone playlists...

Thanks again!
1. US east coast
2. Warzone
3. Unranked
4. 1:00 AM
5. SOLO
6. Unable to match, please try a different playlist

This happens way too often. Is the game truly dead now? Is it mmr? I doubt mmr since solo but you never know. If it's mmr I ask that you loosen the restriction for solo. I assume population is extremely low but would appreciate some clarification please.

Thank you
Well I'm thinking some people like me started playing other games. Me personally playing Halo right now is more of a pain than enjoyment. There will definitely be an increase in players once Infinite gets closer. Taking a break can be a good thing. Don't want to be drained out from Halo before the new game comes out.
Well I'm thinking some people like me started playing other games. Me personally playing Halo right now is more of a pain than enjoyment. There will definitely be an increase in players once Infinite gets closer. Taking a break can be a good thing. Don't want to be drained out from Halo before the new game comes out.
I think you may be right. I just had two straight unable to match messages at 2pm eastern on a Saturday. Seems the game is pretty much dead and people have moved on. I've enjoyed the game but seems like I have to move on too.

Edit: Make it 3 straight unable to match. If 343 still cares, I recorded two of the three.

Thanks again!
1. US, Kentucky
2. Warzone
3. N/A
4. 4-6 pm
5. Solo
6. Unable to match: there may not be enough players to support this playlist.
No 343 response as of yet I believe? Found games a bit better last night, but it was still long waits only to match the same people we had just played.
1.US. Indiana
2. eastern time zone
3.BIG TEAM SUPER FIESTA
4.Mornings 6-10am
5. solo and with friends

Thanks again!
1. US East Coast
2. Warzone and BTB (on expanded)
3. Unranked
4. 1:00pm-5:00pm
5. Solo
6. "Unable to Match: There may not be enough players to support a game in this playlist. Please try a different playlist."
2. Warzone and BTB (on expanded)
BTB is pretty dead so it's likely you're not going to find a game.

Thanks again!
1) US (cali)
2) Warzone
3) N/A
4) any time of the day. no games after 2am-6am
5) Have had 10 v 10, solo, etc no games
6)unable to match etc
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3