1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Why because I am 76 years old and a regular Swat player do some youngsters think it's ok to give me abuse when they consider that I'm notas good as them?
Regardless of age, respect should be given mutually. Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is report people if they are harassing you, and move on.
Because they're immature and the anonymity of the internet allows them to say what they want with relative impunity.

Report them over Xbox Live for communication if they are saying offensive/abusive things.
If you really are that old, I would put that in you bio on your Xbox. That's something which is pretty cool and might make people respect you more.
Chimera30 wrote:
Report them over Xbox Live for communication if they are saying offensive/abusive things.
Quoting and highlighting for truth - best way to handle things like this OP is to report the gamertags. Xbox Live have an enforcement team who will look into it and take appropriate action
Welcome to online gaming. Unfortunately there are always some yoinks around. Ignore them. Report and block them if you want. Blocking seems to prevent you from matching with them again, I think.
I personally would've just told them they're too young to play this game LOL. Or say "I was playing halo when you were still in diapers" That'll get them B-)
76 for real? And you play swat? Much respect. I'm 41 and tend to keep that fact to myself. Us old guys do catch some grief from the children. Remember smarter beats quicker a lot of times.
I'd probably respond back if I get to be that age and still playing games. "I was courting with your grandma before you were even born!" Although, it might be worded a little differently, heh.
As a 18 year old, I understand the rudeness of children/Teens over Online, I don't disrespect anyone, I respect any ages playing Online, just always report & block these scrubs, blocking I believe decreases the chance of matching them

But for your age, lots of respect to you

Spoiler:
Show
I’m 17 and have experienced foul players too. But what I do is just make an invite-only party, regardless whether I have a mic, so I don’t have to talk to anyone while I’m playing online.
At 50 year old here, I know exactly how you feel.
LethalQ wrote:
Welcome to online gaming. Unfortunately there are always some yoinks around. Ignore them. Report and block them if you want. Blocking seems to prevent you from matching with them again, I think.
All this does is keep you from hearing them. There is still a chance of getting matched with them again.

Edit: Sorry i'm getting old, not sure how I did that double post.
webby41 wrote:
Why because I am 76 years old and a regular Swat player do some youngsters think it's ok to give me abuse when they consider that I'm notas good as them?
just ignore them, they aren't worth it, some people are just here to make other peoples lives worse, just play halo as good as you can, and be happy, thats what games are for
76 for real? And you play swat? Much respect. I'm 41 and tend to keep that fact to myself. Us old guys do catch some grief from the children. Remember smarter beats quicker a lot of times.
I'm 62 and just choose to ignore childish behavior... lol. "76"... That's the oldest I've heard of yet. There were polls done a year or maybe 2 ago.
Dang, I'm 20 and some of the 10 year olds on here make me feel old hahaha.
You older guys playing Halo still is one of my life goals. I am impressed at your dedication to this game series. Good for you guys, and keep it up!
LethalQ wrote:
All this does is keep you from hearing them. There is still a chance of getting matched with them again.

Yeah I wasn't excatly sure. Have heard both. I have blocked people and never seen them again but that could be a coincidence since I very rarely block any one.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:

Yeah I wasn't excatly sure. Have heard both. I have blocked people and never seen them again but that could be a coincidence since I very rarely block any one.
It depends on the game, and in the game it can depend on the playlist. There was a time when the Block feature functioned similarly to the Xbox 360's Avoid feature in Warzone, but that was turned off when people started abusing it in Warlords.
Chimera30 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:

It depends on the game, and in the game it can depend on the playlist. There was a time when the Block feature functioned similarly to the Xbox 360's Avoid feature in Warzone, but that was turned off when people started abusing it in Warlords.
I believe the blocking feature has been turned off for both warzone and arena in H5 at this point. Also, it seems like red-repped people can still match in H5, I've seen "avoid me" people playing against me. Soooo, I find it hard to believe that reporting people actually does anything useful for H5...
Thats pretty much regular online games
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2