Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Accuracy Anomaly

OP EliteWayFarer

Hello Everyone!

Here is a peculiar matter up for discussion. I would like very much to have the input of individuals far more knowledgeable on this subject then myself, and to place this conversation up for the consideration of the powers of Halo moderation and its vast knowledge base.

The backstory: I was clicking through my company's service record (Legendary Achilles 8), glancing at the different remarkable stats held by select individuals when one caught my eye that totally defied logic (in my opinion). A 118.634% highest accuracy. Is that legit? Is it possible? How and where does that record come from? I asked some knowledgeable people and they made the claim that it was due to grifball. I experimented to recreate the same thing, after all types of grifball the accuracy stayed at a flat 0.0. (Testing done off of current season grifball). It is too easy to defer to saying this anomaly is the result of some sort of manipulation that may or may not be allowed. Henceforth I ask you for your input. Is achieving the high rate of accuracy (118.634%) achievable? Is this anomaly common?

When I asked about it the individual replied promptly and shortly ( "have you tried getting good" )

I appreciate your time in considering this. I simply don't know enough to have a good understanding.
Hmm, i wouldn't consider myself part of "the powers of Halo moderation and its vast knowledge base" but accuracy %age appears to be (shots_hit/shots_fired)*100.

So to get a 118% accuracy you need only hit 1.8 players on average. I suppose that may be possible through considerable use of (say) rockets ... though i don't know how that would work in Grifball.
vengeant wrote:
Hmm, i wouldn't consider myself part of "the powers of Halo moderation and its vast knowledge base" but accuracy %age appears to be (shots_hit/shots_fired)*100.

So to get a 118% accuracy you need only hit 1.8 players on average. I suppose that may be possible through considerable use of (say) rockets ... though i don't know how that would work in Grifball.
I think you can get multi-kills with a gravity hammer, so perhaps that's where you could get higher than 100%?
It's Grifball. I've seen my accuracy in some grifball games go far above 100%. Why? I have no idea. The only hypothesis I would be able to come up with is that, while hitting someone directly with the hammer doesn't affect your accuracy, the shockwave hitting someone does. That would be my only guess.

I assume this particular individual plays nearly exclusively Grifball to maintain an accuracy that high. Because I know there's a variety of weapons that are basically designed to ruin your accuracy lol.
I have your same "problem". I think it's funny.
Definitely the Gravity Hammer that causes this. I distinctly recall seeing someone with like 6000% accuracy during a game of Rift Ball.