Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Accuracy Calculation

OP Xenkuru

How is the overall accuracy for Arena/Warzone calculated?
Because my math doesn't add up.

I took all of the weapons that waypoint includes for arena and put the "Shots Landed" and "Shots Fired" onto a spreadsheet. I then took the sum of my shots landed and the sum of my shots fired and calculated the accuracy (Total Shots landed / Total Shots Fired)*100 rounded to the tenths place.

(Note: I included all Standard and Power weapons)
My current arena accuracy (shown on my overall arena service record) sits at 43.2 %. However, my math indicates I have a 44.5 (rounded up 44.48).
Are weapons excluded from the calculation?

I'm really just looking for the formula used to calculate this.
Some weapons like the Gravity Hammer can skew those numbers.
The gravity hammer I think can mess those numbers up, I would worry about it
tuhin94 wrote:
I excluded all the weapons that have high accuracy from the equation and it still didn't add up.
Maybe grenades count too? I think when you play games like snowball fight when its grenades it still counts accuracy but I'm not 100% on that.
Rxcluze wrote:
Maybe grenades count too? I think when you play games like snowball fight when its grenades it still counts accuracy but I'm not 100% on that.
Halo waypoint doesn't show an accuracy for grenades, vehicles, turrets or things in the "other" category. If they are actually included in the equation I won't know because waypoint doesn't show "shots fired" & "shots landed".
The Spartan Laser in particular will absolutely destroy your accuracy (the charging beam counts as shots fired) so unless you sit there and have your laser on your target the entire time, itll drastically lower your overall accuracy while only counting as 1 shot fired.
tuhin94 wrote:
Probably the best energy sword too