[Locked] Accuracy tips

OP CoolestReuben

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. ...
  6. 8
Try using the laser guided thing on your weapons. It wont make you proffesional or anything but it works for me on my br. Or stick with needlers promethean weapons or explosives.
try aiming more with your left stick.

a lot of peoples strafe in h5 are pretty short and by just strafe aiming you can hit 90 percent if not all of your shots
some days i get the same feeling but then i just slow my game play down and focus on my strafe and not aiming as much with my right stick and just try to make the other person miss shots.

make sure you use your thrust at the right time, throw a crouch in your strafe, and play some octagon or ctf warmup that honestly helps before going in to matchmaking.
Less strafe and more crouch. Mix it up, but don't over do it to where you're making yourself miss. Throw in a jump mid to late gunfight ;) hope this works
Most people don't realize that the strafe technique is actually half of the aiming in all of the halo games. If you keep your sight at head/shoulder height most of the time and use your dodge/strafe tactic to avoid their shots while allowing them to walk into your reticle you will find you will miss a lot less as they are doing most of the aiming for you. If you tend to panic to much in a gun fight I would suggest that you try turning down your sensitivity until you panic less then try turning it back up to a normal setting.
The thing is I've already lowered my sensitivity to 1 and I'm still having trouble aiming.
your just gonna keep getting melted if you dont strafe especially against onyx
I know dude, but whenever I strafe, it's difficult to keep adjusting my shot. My reticle just goes nuts and I miss.
I have the same problem, aiming is my problem for sure.

I can suggest 2 things. Either practice (I know...) or watch some youtube videos on aiming. I remember back in the halo 3 days I'd look up strafing tutorials and all those good stuff. Different styles of aiming will work better or worse for different people.
I have not even thought about looking up aiming videos for Halo on YouTube, I think I may try that. However the "Different styles of aiming will work better or worse for different people." worries me. It's like yeah it'll help... or not.
I keep my sensitivity at 10. I'm going to turn up the acc. And lower the dz.
I keep my sensitivity at 10. I'm going to turn up the acc. And lower the dz.
Please just please do not revive old threads.
Please don't revive old threads, thanks :)
Vaudeur wrote:
Please just please do not revive old threads.
Please just please do not comment about thread revivals. The revival comment was 3 hours ago, and you commenting on it bumps it to the top of the page. If you wouldn't have commented on the revival, this may have fallen off the page and not needed intervention.

Just don't comment on thread revivals lol.

http://i.imgur.com/ZnCtpER.gif
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. ...
  6. 8