Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Achilles Armor has no bearing on Kill Farming

OP Heal Piece

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Stats from the community update on kill farming

The key findings we have to share come from scrutinizing all Warzone matches and bucketing them into three different categories: games with a Spartan Kill difference less than 100, between 101-200, and 200+

We also compared these numbers from before and after the Achilles announcements to look for any correlation to an increase in behaviors of these sorts. Here’s a simple table:

Classification Week Before Achilles Announce Week After Achilles Announce Change
Less than 100 kill difference 92.93% 93.02% 0.09%

100+ 6.73% 6.73% -0.01%

200+ 0.34% 0.26% -0.08%

So what do all the poeple crying "but but but Whiskey kill farmed me to get that helmet!" have to say?

Disclaimer: I'm not in Whiskey and have never kill farmed. I just stand by it doens't happen often and Achilles never had any factor in the way people played Warzone. The stats now back that claim.
Just a little note, that's not a full list of states, just a week before and week after achillies was announced.
I just saw it and read it! Wow its will be better?!
These are some interesting numbers that you have posted. They appear to show that kill farming has dropped off slightly since the debut of Achilles. A difference of less than one percent is almost not even worth mentioning except for the fact that the general community has been crying about the "kill factory in Warzone" the past month or so. Everyone needs to relax about kill farming and realize that they're being placed in these games probably because of their advancing level. Rather than simply having bad luck or the game just straight up hating on them.
You don't understand what those stats mean.
First, If those stats are not indexed they are not accurate.
At face value, It is pretty amazing to see that fully 1/3 of the matches are so lopsided. So yeah you have a1 in 3 chance of dropping into a match with spawn killing.
At face value, It is pretty amazing to see that fully 1/3 of the matches are so lopsided. So yeah you have a1 in 3 chance of dropping into a match with spawn killing.
That's not what it says at all. It says there is a difference on 100+ kills (ie kill farming) in 6.73% of the games. And a difference of 200+ kills in .34% of games. Meaning kill farming is going on in maybe 7% of games played in that region. That equates to being kill farmed in 1 out of 14 games played, before AND AFTER Achilles debut. Not sure where you are getting 1 out of 3?
Why did they only take 1 week after it was announced? That's just stupid, how about 1 month after it was announced? Surely farming didn't start the instant it was announced? It makes me very suspicious when they release such absurd statistics as these.
Why did they only take 1 week after it was announced? That's just stupid, how about 1 month after it was announced? Surely farming didn't start the instant it was announced? It makes me very suspicious when they release such absurd statistics like this.
Here come the tin foil hats
Heal Piece wrote:
That's not what it says at all. It says there is a difference on 100+ kills (ie kill farming) in 6.73% of the games. And a difference of 200+ kills in .34% of games. Meaning kill farming is going on in maybe 7% of games played in that region. That equates to being kill farmed in 1 out of 14 games played, before AND AFTER Achilles debut. Not sure where you are getting 1 out of 3?
Yes I stand corrected 1 in 14 games.
Lol, you're in a spartan company called Spawn Kill Repeat. Kind of hard to take you seriously.
l Jinxed I wrote:
Lol, you're in a spartan company called Spawn Kill Repeat. Kind of hard to take you seriously.
That's epic. I want to be in the company just for the name! haha
l Jinxed I wrote:
Ironic I know. But I've never kill farmed. Go ahead look through my games. I'll wait
l Jinxed I wrote:
Hahahahaha LOL!!
Well except that is a matter of lack of punctuation. I think it is meant to be Spawn, Kill, Repeat. Like shampoo directions "Lather, Rinse, Repeat"

If it were Spawnkill Repeat then yeah, sketchy.

As others have stated I think only doing a comparison between 2 weeks is probably not a significant dataset.

However, I haven't run into the farming issue in quite some time. Though admittedly I have been "farming" WZ assault for RP. My odds of running into the kill farming groups is reduced.
*shrug* No one likes getting farmed, that's a given, but spawn placement as always been the same since the game's inception, and 12 man teams WILL have an advantage over Randys that come here to complain. Game forums will always be the vocal minority.

Their data shows me nothing that I didn't know.
Heal Piece wrote:
l Jinxed I wrote:
Ironic I know. But I've never kill farmed. Go ahead look through my games. I'll wait
You may not have spawned killed, so congrats to you for that.
The statistics mention in the update were for one of the two playlists and only based on the number of kills, not the way those kills took place. There isn't an appropriate way for them to measure whether or not farming increased in the week following the announcement. They would need to measure for a long period of time on both sides of the event, where they kills were occurring, and how one-sided the matches were. Even then a we're talking statistics, you can only draw correlation, not causation from the results.
I am happy that they release some findings but the problem with them is that they only for measurements of the week after the announcement.
Achilles armor farming increased over time and if you look at the stats now they're probably ridiculous compared to what they were the week after Achilles was put in place they definitely need to look at the stats over a month and really need to fix farming and the one-sided games.
Why did they only take 1 week after it was announced? That's just stupid, how about 1 month after it was announced? Surely farming didn't start the instant it was announced? It makes me very suspicious when they release such absurd statistics as these.
Exactly what I was thinking when I read the community update. Its more than a little bit idiotic of 343i to use these stats to convince the community that Warzone kill farming is next to non-existent when it took at least 2-3 weeks for it to become an epidemic after the Achilles challenges were released.

Also the differential in kills between teams isn't a particularly valid measure to prove how widespread kill farming is or has become. I've been in games where the opposition barely get a kill and each player on my team is getting 20+ kills without any kind of kill farming, and in games where I've joined a kill farming team, most players usually end up with only a handful of kills with the exception of a couple of players (assists tend to be very high though).

Personally I don't think its linked to Achilles anyway...its just that ppl are bored of playing Warzone the way it was designed to be played by 343i and find more efficient ways of winning and getting kills. This kill farming would have happened with or without Achilles.
I ran into a few spawn killing games at first but it seemed to drop off pretty quick. Regardless of what their stats say, it was a big problem and might still be.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2