[Locked] Achilles armor permanently ruined Halo 5 for me

OP Fred 1044276

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
It absolutely sickens me that I see this horrendous armor everywhere in this game! It does NOT look like anything special or cool, it is absolutely hideous and overrated on immeasurable levels! It is a completely failed recreation of ancient Greek armor and disgraces its namesake hero. I can't even go into an arena or Warzone match or custom game anymore without seeing at least one person wearing this armor. For heaven sakes, please, Halo 5 players, wear an actually decent armor like Centurion, Vigilant, Indomitable, Mark IV GEN1, etc.! NOT the awful armors like Seeker, Timmy, Tracer, and especially Achilles!

If the Achilles armor makes it into Halo MCC or heaven forbid, Halo Infinite, I will NO longer be playing Halo again. 343 has made a fatal mistake by introducing this armor to the game.
Why do you hate it so much? I can understand you not liking it but why would it ruin the game for you seeing as you can still equip whatever armor you prefer?
And I thought people hated the boom box helmet.
Troll wanting attention? Or disgruntled about getting wrecked by someone with the armor? I hope we do get more stuff like Achilles in Infinite. Unlocking the armor and helmet with a large company was a great journey and I got to play with some awesome people along the way. And, given how earned rewards are something of a rarity now, it will be fun to unlock stuff like it.
tuhin94 wrote:
Troll wanting attention? Or disgruntled about getting wrecked by someone with the armor? I hope we do get more stuff like Achilles in Infinite. Unlocking the armor and helmet with a large company was a great journey and I got to play with some awesome people along the way. And, given how earned rewards are something of a rarity now, it will be fun to unlock stuff like it.
Says the one who wears Achilles. Take it off!
Why do you hate it so much? I can understand you not liking it but why would it ruin the game for you seeing as you can still equip whatever armor you prefer?
  1. It is a failed recreation of ancient Greek armor. The visor looks too thin, and I thought Venator was bad enough. The armor as a whole takes hideousness to a whole new level, and its fanbase is also atrocious!
  2. Way too many people wear it, even after knowing there are far better armors out there.
  3. I have played too many multiplayer matches where at least one player was wearing Achilles, and the match did not end well.
And to the people who call me a "troll", your words mean nothing. You are still just as much part of the problem by allowing 343 to retain the Achilles armor in Halo Infinite, which I have already stated I am NOT getting, and I have remained fully adamant about that.
  1. It is a failed recreation of ancient Greek armor. The visor looks too thin, and I thought Venator was bad enough. The armor as a whole takes hideousness to a whole new level, and its fanbase is also atrocious!
  2. Way too many people wear it, even after knowing there are far better armors out there.
  3. I have played too many multiplayer matches where at least one player was wearing Achilles, and the match did not end well.
And to the people who call me a "troll", your words mean nothing. You are still just as much part of the problem by allowing 343 to retain the Achilles armor in Halo Infinite, which I have already stated I am NOT getting, and I have remained fully adamant about that.
You are being called a troll because that’s what this salty post comes across as. Don’t like it, don’t use it. Those of us who earned it will use it proudly. Way more valuable and awesome than like 97% of the garbage contained within the H5 armory. Legacy armors have been a thing since H3, so no one is “part of the problem” for wanting (and expecting) to see Achilles in Infinite.
So.... I'm guessing there's an amour or something that OP doesn't care for? Is that what I'm getting out of this? Well... that's great... if you want to hook me up with an address, I can send you some cookies. Guess what? We all have armours we don't like, and as a matter of fact, I don't really care for most of the armours (and I have all but a handful of them). The problem I have with this, is that this is just someone's opinion... and that's all fine and good, we're all entitled to our opinions. The problem I have here is, the viciousness with which you want to treat those of us that have a different opinion than you. You don't like the Achilles armour, ok, good for you... but just because others worked really hard to earn it, and put the time and effort into getting it, doesn't make them wrong. Let them wear it proudly... I plan to if, or when I earn the entire set... and just for the record, I support anyone that does wear it!!
haha then u shouldnt buy Infinite I heard that all the Halo 5 armors will be there
This is a troll post right? It’s Armor, it’s for people who grinded out the Company Kill Commendations which has a lot more specialty than all of the Armor in Halo 5, if seeing people wear this Armor ruins a game for you then that’s rather silly to be honest, it’s like Complaining about a tree not moving out of the way
It absolutely sickens me that I see this horrendous armor everywhere in this game! It does NOT look like anything special or cool, it is absolutely hideous and overrated on immeasurable levels! It is a completely failed recreation of ancient Greek armor and disgraces its namesake hero. I can't even go into an arena or Warzone match or custom game anymore without seeing at least one person wearing this armor. For heaven sakes, please, Halo 5 players, wear an actually decent armor like Centurion, Vigilant, Indomitable, Mark IV GEN1, etc.! NOT the awful armors like Seeker, Timmy, Tracer, and especially Achilles!

If the Achilles armor makes it into Halo MCC or heaven forbid, Halo Infinite, I will NO longer be playing Halo again. 343 has made a fatal mistake by introducing this armor to the game.
Dude, you really have some issues which are not related to the look of some pixelized modernized version of a greek helmet.
Apart from that, demanding other players to cater to your taste is a -Yoink--move, don't do it, it makes you look really pathetic.
Concluding, get used to players wearing armor you don't like or play a different game.
I know I won't miss a player like you are if you should leave.

Seriously who cares if people wear armors you dont like. They dont effect you at all. Its like passing some one on the road and telling them to change their car because it look "horrendous" in your opinion. It has nothing to do with you and youll probably never see that person ever again. I could go on rant saying how its sickens me to see people mixing Halo 5 helmets with Halo Reach armor and how it looks like an abomination but I wont because I know many people would disagree me with me and I would have to deal with that fact. I wear timmy and achillies so I guess youll be really mad at me. Ya know I was thinking about changing my armor set back to Gungir and mark 5 delta but after reading this post imma keep it Achilles and timmy. Also your definition of "decent armors" might mean ugly and horrendous to other folks,

Seriously who cares if people wear armors you dont like. They dont effect you at all. Thats like passing some one on the freeway and telling them to change their car because you dont think it looks cool by your standards. It has nothing to do with you and youll probably never see that person ever again. I could go on rant saying mixing Halo 5 helmets with Halo Reach armor looks like an abomination but I wont because thats some peoples preference and Ill just have to deal with it even if I dont like it. I wear timmy helmet and achillies so I guess youll be really mad at me. Ya know I was thinking about changing my armor set back to Gungir and mark 5 delta but after reading this post imma keep it Achilles and timmy. Also your definition of "decent armors" might mean ugly and horrendous to other folks,
Just for the record, I fully support you going back to the Achilles armor!! Congratulations good sir!! And wear it proudly with honor, I hope to one day attain such hardware, and wear it with distinction!!
Prewojo wrote:

Seriously who cares if people wear armors you dont like. They dont effect you at all. Thats like passing some one on the freeway and telling them to change their car because you dont think it looks cool by your standards. It has nothing to do with you and youll probably never see that person ever again. I could go on rant saying mixing Halo 5 helmets with Halo Reach armor looks like an abomination but I wont because thats some peoples preference and Ill just have to deal with it even if I dont like it. I wear timmy helmet and achillies so I guess youll be really mad at me. Ya know I was thinking about changing my armor set back to Gungir and mark 5 delta but after reading this post imma keep it Achilles and timmy. Also your definition of "decent armors" might mean ugly and horrendous to other folks,
Just for the record, I fully support you going back to the Achilles armor!! Congratulations good sir!! And wear it proudly with honor, I hope to one day attain such hardware, and wear it with distinction!!
Thank you kind sir! I greatly appreciate your kindness and positivity! I too shall hope you acquire the Achilles armor! And when you do wear it with pride!
Prewojo wrote:

Thank you kind sir! I greatly appreciate your kindness and positivity! I too shall hope you acquire the Achilles armor! And when you do wear it with pride!
Sure will... we’re within weeks of getting the armor... the helmet though... that’s another story...
Prewojo wrote:
Prewojo wrote:

Sure will... we’re within weeks of getting the armor... the helmet though... that’s another story...
Dang youre actually pretty close. Ugh the helmet is such a pain though. The company Im in is still barely a third to getting the helmet. Anyways good luck on your journey of getting Achilles :)
If all you want to wear is Achilles, don't do it for long because you are intentionally denying yourself access to many other great armors in the game. You might as well go back to wearing Recruit now. And yes, my experiences have shown that multiplayer games tend to go wrong once someone shows up in Achilles armor. Which is why I won't touch social or ranked arena or Warzone anymore. Finally, to the people having a problem with me hating the Achilles armor for the hideously overhyped monstrosity that it really is, congratulations, you are still just as much part of the problem! Your words are not affecting me, and they are making you look even worse.
My guy. Why are you whining about a -Yoink- armour set. If it ruins a game for you, its just sad. And guess what. Every single armour set from Halo: 3, Reach, 4, and 5 are being added to Halo: Infinite over time. That mean Achillies, Timmy and tracer are coming back. Stop whining and let people have their armours they like. It's all preference. Another thing stop demanding people take it off. I bet if you host custom games or anything you kick people or demand they change their armour if you don't like it.

If all you want to wear is Achilles, don't do it for long because you are intentionally denying yourself access to many other great armors in the game. You might as well go back to wearing Recruit now. And yes, my experiences have shown that multiplayer games tend to go wrong once someone shows up in Achilles armor. Which is why I won't touch social or ranked arena or Warzone anymore. Finally, to the people having a problem with me hating the Achilles armor for the hideously overhyped monstrosity that it really is, congratulations, you are still just as much part of the problem! Your words are not affecting me, and they are making you look even worse.
No, you are only making yourself look worse on how you’re replying, you’re making a big deal out of a Armor set because you see someone wearing it, who cares what they wear, I don’t go complaining about you wearing Centurion Armor & tell you to change it because I don’t like it, it’s just a Armor osmetic for crying out loud, demanding people to take it off to cater to you is silly
I suppose you complained about all the people wearing either Recon or Hayabusa back in '08 and '09 as well.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4