2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 20
this problem is not just in halo game sadly.. it is a part of the game and one of the reason I don't play warzone... pick 3 friends sell all the warzone stuff and have fun
Lifemocker wrote:
Hasn't spawntrapping been a thing always?
It's the calling card of a good team
It's how your suppose to play.
Capturing all three bases and purposely not going for the core so you can spawn kill people isn't how the game was supposed to be played. I'm not saying it isn't a strategy, but it's a pretty Aholey one.

I agree with the OP that I've noticed a lot more teams in WZ since Achilles was introduced. I've been losing a lot more games and not going on as many win streaks as I used to do. This is basically just making a problem that already existed even worse.

One of the problems is the base design. There is only one way out the base making spawn trapping incredibly easy once you capture the bases. Apex 7 is the only exception to this with the cliff exits, but even those aren't safe since practically everyone knows how to get into them and camp the exit.

If they added a proper mercy rule if possible, this stuff might be avoided. As well as fixing the JIP so people don't keep joining a game where your team is already getting spawn camped since they just end up quitting anyway most of the time. The less people in the game would encourage the winning team to end the game. The best solution though would most likely be party restrictions.
exia1430 wrote:
A whole lot of people have already enlisted in companies to get Achilles. But most of these companies play dirty. Most of you know what I'm talking about; they capture all the bases and corner you into your base and farm you for XP, RP, and Spartan kill medals. It's wrong and we need to make this obvious to 343 that this is an issue. Ever since they introduced Achilles ice thrown my controller across the room multiple times. I've never gotten this frustrated in a halo game. This is an issue that needs to be addressed
This post is useless,get over it.
So teams dominate and you want to punish them doing good. This is like the stories going around of high school teams being kicked out of there leagues because they are better then all the other teams.
Not the same. The difference is they're not "winning". They should destroy the core, and choosing not to violates the game type. If my team loses all bases and is stuck defending the core, I'll fight like mad until the other team finally gets in. But if they're holding back, deliberately, to farm kills, that's in conflict with the implied game type.
So teams dominate and you want to punish them doing good. This is like the stories going around of high school teams being kicked out of there leagues because they are better then all the other teams.
If your reward for dominating is to get a quick win, how is that "punishment?" Because you were "robbed" of some Spartan kills that you might have gotten by blindly lobbing plasma mortars into the enemy home base while your team camped outside?
exia1430 wrote:
A whole lot of people have already enlisted in companies to get Achilles. But most of these companies play dirty. Most of you know what I'm talking about; they capture all the bases and corner you into your base and farm you for XP, RP, and Spartan kill medals. It's wrong and we need to make this obvious to 343 that this is an issue. Ever since they introduced Achilles ice thrown my controller across the room multiple times. I've never gotten this frustrated in a halo game. This is an issue that needs to be addressed
Sounds like a personal issue. It's a game, don't be too serious. Organize some folks and fight back. Throwing a controller with a temper tantrum and perhaps breaking it costing you $60 dollars is a childish thing to do. You can't win every game. Just play to have fun.
Cyber SGB wrote:
exia1430 wrote:
Sounds like a personal issue. It's a game, don't be too serious. Organize some folks and fight back. Throwing a controller with a temper tantrum and perhaps breaking it costing you $60 dollars is a childish thing to do. You can't win every game. Just play to have fun.
"just find 11 other people, it's easy bro"

Some people just want to hop on and play a few games not get stomped. It's a casual playlist. The best way to solve this stomperoni is to make the spawns in the base with shield walls that can't be penetrated in the back so they can destroy the core.
Cyber SGB wrote:
Just play to have fun.
So your idea of fun is being on the respawn screen the majority of the game? Cause that's what happens when you're getting spawn killed in your home base from these full teams that farm kills. What I'm basically saying is you're not going to have fun in that scenario.
Lifemocker wrote:
Hasn't spawntrapping been a thing always?
this
Guess least get a break from the I quit playing Halo, got banned for no reason... so-on threads. Got 3-6 threads on why there should/n't be a mercy/forfeit added.
Not the same. The difference is they're not "winning". They should destroy the core, and choosing not to violates the game type. If my team loses all bases and is stuck defending the core, I'll fight like mad until the other team finally gets in. But if they're holding back, deliberately, to farm kills, that's in conflict with the implied game type.
JYFI, if this would be the case, there wouldn't be a kill limit. but there is.
so it does not violate the game type at all.
i hate getting spawn camped too, but...
1. it is just a game. don't take it too seriously
2. it is sports. again, it will happen now & then, that you'll get dominated.
suck it up. if those few minutes of getting dominated are too much to handle
for you, psychologically, team based sports where you can and will encounter
organized oppenent teams aren't your thing.
KEVPOOL184 wrote:
JYFI, if this would be the case, there wouldn't be a kill limit. but there is.
so it does not violate the game type at all.
i hate getting spawn camped too, but...
1. it is just a game. don't take it too seriously
2. it is sports. again, it will happen now & then, that you'll get dominated.
suck it up. if those few minutes of getting dominated are too much to handle
for you, psychologically, team based sports where you can and will encounter
organized oppenent teams aren't your thing.
Oh -Blam- you REQT him.
Sucks to be in a legit company thats working toward unlocking the armor without breaking the game and killing its game modes in the progress.

Maybe 343 could not endorse companys it can see are doing this by including them in its weekly updates.

Concerned Halo player.
Must you throw your controller like a child?
It's only a game.
A lot of people don't understand the perspective of being on the receiving end. Getting killed over and over again is like playing against people that are hacking/using mods.
IRONY IS TOO REAL LOL. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=194632767&postcount=6007

Zeezbruh of the #1 pubstomping team, Whiskey Company complaining about teams and getting stomped in Arena because he sucks at ranks so he demolishes pubs in Warzone with full squads.
WZ just needs a vote surrender added and the issue is solved.
Then you should do a better job to not be put in that position
It reminds me a lot of getting spawned killed by a modder in H2 but at least in that scenario it was over fast and you had a less likely chance of getting matched with them again.. Now it takes forever and chances are you'll get matched with either the same team or get matched against a different team that does the same thing. What cracks me up is all the people that are saying "get a team" "don't suck" "don't play warzone" I don't think people who just actually want to casually play a game want to take the time to put together a team of randoms (company or not and not all companies know all 100 members) which is basically what you're doing to begin with going in solo except now you can hear them b*tch about getting spawn camped. Unfortunately I and a lot of people don't have a full team of people on at all times like some of you so if I was just wanting to play a couple games and get off I guess I just gotta hop on join a game and be sure to lube up and just enjoy that good ol' pounding over and over.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 20