Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Action Sack games that make you dashboard

OP StuftRock1

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What Action Sack games do you absolutely refuse to play? For me, it’s:
  1. Rift Ball Conduit: Regular Rift Ball is ok I guess, but this map is absolute garbage. The gameplay is awful and it’s annoying to move around. There is absolutely nothing, not a SINGLE thing good about this map. I’m honestly convinced that 343 never even playtested this map and only added it because it looks cool and snazzy.
  2. Duck Hunt: This game is incredibly annoying and boring to play. Just getting sniped over and over or sniping people over and over isn’t fun. I just had a game where one of the ducks I’m guessing was on a team with a hunter because he got to the platform but never killed them. Just sat there and watched us die over and over again.
  3. Bug zapper or whatever it’s called: I don’t even understand the point of this game. There’s an overwhelming force pushing you towards this thing that you just can’t overcome sometimes. You can’t even shift positions quickly because the moment you turn away from it you get sucked in and there’s literally nothing you can do. And the moment you get emp’d it’s game over, because you’ll just get sucked closer and closer and keep getting emp’d over and over again. This is honestly the stupidest thing ive ever seen get added.
  4. Groundpound Arena: Yet another boring and annoying game. I’d honestly rather chew on glass than play this because it’s an entire game centered around a very stupid game mechanic that I’ve never liked using and disliked being on the receiving end even more.
  5. Minotaurus: I don’t even know why this crappy game is still in this playlist. From what I understand most people don’t like it. The map is just too small for the Mantis and feels so cramped. It’s honestly no surprise that whenever this shows up, half the lobby disconnects every time. This seriously needs to be removed ASAP.
Im pretty sure there are other games that suck, but they’re just so forgettable I can’t remember them.
Duck hunt was fun as -Yoink- to play in h3 n reach days for custom games... But for matchmaking it sucks. And the bug zapper is such zzzzz
Yeah I prefered not to play this new action sack because almost all the game types are boring, but I don't agree with you on these Duck Hunt and Ground Pound Arena are entertainment for me.
You don't know what fun is if you don't like ground pound arena... That is probably the best action sack game H5 introduced. My only complaint is that it ends to quickly.
Yeah gotta disagree on ground pound arena, try sniping more and pounding less that usually is more effective.

Duck Hunt is fun unless you're horrible at sniping imo.

Bug zapper is meh but can be decent if you figure out how to stay far away

Rift ball I hate to admit but I usually just go for kills which is pretty fun to me (sorry team)

Minotaurs is just old. It was kinda fun back in 2016 but yeah it's gotten stale.

Anyone remember or play reach action sack? They had some really fun games, ski ball and soccer come to mind
Enroj wrote:
Yeah gotta disagree on ground pound arena, try sniping more and pounding less that usually is more effective.

Duck Hunt is fun unless you're horrible at sniping imo.

Bug zapper is meh but can be decent if you figure out how to stay far away

Rift ball I hate to admit but I usually just go for kills which is pretty fun to me (sorry team)

Minotaurs is just old. It was kinda fun back in 2016 but yeah it's gotten stale.

Anyone remember or play reach action sack? They had some really fun games, ski ball and soccer come to mind
They removed snipers from groundpound arena. Now it’s just Brute Plasma Rifles.

Duck Hunt is meh when sniping, but playing as infected just absolutely sucks.

All bug zapper is is just whoever can mash backwards an the left joystick the hardest.

This version of action sack honestly sucks. Fun games are just so few and far between.
I played 4 bug zapper games and won the 4. But the last was vs a friend and the match last 16 minutes.... Btw I think AS is better than infection or griftball xD
StuftRock1 wrote:
What Action Sack games do you absolutely refuse to play? For me, it’s:
    3. Bug zapper or whatever it’s called: I don’t even understand the point of this game. There’s an overwhelming force pushing you towards this thing that you just can’t overcome sometimes. You can’t even shift positions quickly because the moment you turn away from it you get sucked in and there’s literally nothing you can do. And the moment you get emp’d it’s game over, because you’ll just get sucked closer and closer and keep getting emp’d over and over again. This is honestly the stupidest thing ive ever seen get added.
I also love how the map is designed in a way where one doesn't have to get into the wasp. You can just sneak around up there the whole time and win. That could be easily solved just by putting a soft kill boundary in there.

StuftRock1 wrote:
What Action Sack games do you absolutely refuse to play?
Any of the mantis ones (except "Night of the Mantis" or whatever, that one's just ok) suck. Duck run sucks too. Rift ball is my favourite because it gets close to what I wish was still available (griffball)
I don't really dashboard for anything, but I can't believe you didn't list the two gametypes which are way worse than anything you listed and they are Pyramoid Soccer and Stay off My Lawn.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I don't really dashboard for anything, but I can't believe you didn't list the two gametypes which are way worse than anything you listed and they are Pyramoid Soccer and Stay off My Lawn.
I’ve only had Stay Off My Lawn twice and it was meh. Still 10x more enjoyable than everything I listed.

Pyramoid Soccer is trying so hard to feel like Rocket League but just doesn’t work due to Halo 5’s terrible physics. Being shaped like pyramids also sucks because you can’t hit the ball at an angle.

With that said, my hatred for it isn’t quite on the same level as the others I listed. But pyramoid soccer is easily the worst out of all the games I didn’t list, followed by cannonball run.

Honestly this iteration of Action Sack has been a monumental letdown for me. It is packed to the brim with games (which isn’t necessarily a bad thing) and I can count the number of games that are actually good and fun on 1 hand. And these good games only turn up like once out of every 5 or so matches give it take.

Add ffa mongoose sumo, sumo bowl (Team & ffa), Jenga with various maps, drag race with various maps, and vehicle fiesta with my maps (look in my file browser to find them).

Remove everything I listed, pyramoid soccer, and cannonball run.

Do that and Action Sack will be amazing.
Ive seen it a couple times.
How do you play the 2 pigs game?
Pig of the hill?
StuftRock1 wrote:
Pig of the hill?
One pig at opposite spawns. Is the goal to have your team all around it?
StuftRock1 wrote:
Pig of the hill?
Does it have a single neutral base in the middle? And is it on Coliseum?
game night is trash, soccer is awful, get off my lawn is fine but it's not fun just not annoying, night of the mantis is okay, groundpound is only bearable because I try to fish out assassinations, minotaurs is easily the worst plus it shows up all the time, rift ball on the original map is okay but the rotating map is a dumpster fire. The only good game type is mongoose sumo and I feel like I never play it but at least there is no tank world.
StuftRock1 wrote:
StuftRock1 wrote:
Pig of the hill?
Just checked, yeah. Pig of the hill. So the objective is to what?
StuftRock1 wrote:
StuftRock1 wrote:
Pig of the hill?
Own the base to move it towards the enemy side of the map to win. It’s very time consuming
StuftRock1 wrote:
StuftRock1 wrote:
Pig of the hill?
Move the middle pig to the other base so the two pigs get together.
the team with more players in the line move the middle pig. And you cant take nades from the ground, the hardest point is when you are near the enemy base because they spawn very close to you
game night is trash, soccer is awful, get off my lawn is fine but it's not fun just not annoying, night of the mantis is okay, groundpound is only bearable because I try to fish out assassinations, minotaurs is easily the worst plus it shows up all the time, rift ball on the original map is okay but the rotating map is a dumpster fire. The only good game type is mongoose sumo and I feel like I never play it but at least there is no tank world.
Game night is honestly one of my favorites, probably because I’m really good at it. Night of the Mantis is very fun, however stupid randos always waste you’re points on useless junk.
EDIT: I have played the new Action Sack.
Pig of the Hill felt pretty fun. Definitely taken from that one Splatoon mode, though.
Game Night was bleh. My first experience was as the "Infected", and that was cool, but all subsequent rounds sucked. One time I popped up and got immediately capped. I feel like if it were a Tri Team thing, where 3 Reds and 3 Blues compete to kill the most Greens, then 3 Greens and 3 Blues compete to kill the most Reds, then 3 Greens and 3 Greens compete to kill the most Blues, it could've been way more fun. As is, it's pretty boring.
Night of the Mantis was pretty cool.
EDIT: Holy -Yoink- I love Wizard Duel
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2