Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Add Pilotable Pelicans to Forge

OP Halokid003

Why not we had them in Halo 4 campaign...also allow them to carry passengers.
Now that would be cool
Could cause balancing problems.
There is always the vehicle welding glitch....
Wraith0912 wrote:
And invisible vehicles now as well to hide them
They can be Forge/Customs only.
That would be up to the forgers. I'm not saying put them in regular BTB. Just for forge.
Halokid003 wrote:
That would be up to the forgers. I'm not saying put them in regular BTB. Just for forge.
Arent the welded not good enough?
Halokid003 wrote:
No it is very buggy, my friends and I tried last night to weld a wasp then a banshee to the pelican...it just went nuts with uncontrolled movement.
That can be done with vehicles welding even if it is a bit buggy, 343 should fix it instead of making normal flyable pelican
That can be done with vehicles welding even if it is a bit buggy, 343 should fix it instead of making normal flyable pelican
I think they should do both.
But...it's forge mode...everything can be unbalanced in forge mode. I just made a goof around map with a truck that obliterates people and a sentinel beam with a Hannibal(Oni Gauss) Laser. This would only add to the ever increasing variety of forge and would be a very welcome addition.
Wraith0912 wrote:
It's gets a little buggy like that, a decent alternative, but having an actual pelican with it's own guns+destructibility would be the best thing.
Halokid003 wrote:
Welding has apparently been messed up by the Monitor's Bounty update.
I think Pelicans could replace the Falcon from Reach for this game, transport troops, chaingun on the chin, knock a few Spartans heads in. Wouldn't mind it but doubt it'll get implemented.
People have been asking for that since Halo 3. I'm extremely positive it will not happen for a long time.
First add D77H TCI props, then they can make flying stuff.
Why? They already made fully functioning Pelicans in halo 4. They should just add in the option to sit in the passenger seats and import the model into the Halo 5 files. On the other hand, they can just tweak the halo 5 pelicans in the forge mode and import the same scripting for the halo 5 pelican as they did for the Halo 4 Pelican. The community has been wanting working pelicans since Combat Evolved, so that means Halo Combat Evolves, Halo 2, Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, Halo 3 complete Multiplayer edition, Halo Reach, Halo 4, and Halo 5. That's not counting the two Halo Wars series, plus that Mobile game. My Point is they've had way too much time to add in a simple mechanic, especially for the size of their work force. And Now modders are trying their hardest to add them into the game when 343 just needs to listen and let us at least use them in Customs or Forge.
It would be to big of a object
Please don't revive old topics, thanks, especially ones that are over 2 years old
At this stage of Halo 5's lifecycle there aren't going to be any major updates made - it's out of scope for the game now. Feel free to add this to any of the existing wishlist threads in the Infinite forums though