Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Add Revives To Firefight

OP Halokid003

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Please add revives into Warzone firefight...I hate the 30 second respawn time and I think having a revive mechanic in there would diversify the gameplay.
It seems like a good idea... but in reality, I doubt it. If your teammate gets downed, they are likely surrounded by a bunch of AI enemies that'll beat your -Yoink- into the same position your teammate is in. If your team is ridiculous enough to run to that position and continue the cycle, congratulations, your entire team is screwed because ya can't do -Yoink-.
An option to wait and get revived or respawn would be good. Late game it would get used more often
Agreed, still add some form of penalty, like getting revived costs you some REQ charge, while giving the player who does the reviving a point or REQ boost.
When the WZFF beta was out they released a Warzone Firefight Feedback Thread. A lot of people said "bring revives into this!"
Well update after update it never happened. I wish it did. Idk why they didn't implement it
Agreed, still add some form of penalty, like getting revived costs you some REQ charge, while giving the player who does the reviving a point or REQ boost.
I like that idea!
If they could balance it out, it would be good.
It seems like a good idea... but in reality, I doubt it. If your teammate gets downed, they are likely surrounded by a bunch of AI enemies that'll beat your -Yoink- into the same position your teammate is in. If your team is ridiculous enough to run to that position and continue the cycle, congratulations, your entire team is screwed because ya can't do -Yoink-.
This exactly. Playing campaign on legendary kinda gave me an idea of what WZFF would be with revives. Granted nobody is as stupid as the games A.I., but you really would be getting your team into more trouble honestly.
I agree particularly,
I don't know if it is a good idea for warzone firefight but it would be definitely a good addition to the multiplayer and the play style in a team. They even have the character movement from the campaign in reviving situations so, it shouldn't be hard to implement I think.
Why? There's no need for a penalty just for getting revived. The person doing the reviving should get some points added to their score or something, but the person who got revived shouldn't be penalized.

You don't promote teamwork by penalizing people for using it.
Would rather have long respawn time rather than revive. Revive is horrible and shouldn't be a thing in Halo.
As long as it doesn't force you to respawn.

Like revive just removes their timer.
That would work
But imagine if no one came? You'd have to wait to die on top of the HORRID 30 second respawn timer. I think it should be 10 seconds everytime you die regardless of the round, I mean c'mon 343, people get bored fast!!!
Seems like a waste if they have the assets in the game (as seen in Campaign) and they don't use it. Would feel good to be able to revive in game, maybe depending on how hard you get hit you can't get revived.
I think it should maybe also not count towards a death in firefight if you got revived.
Jejshy wrote:
Seems like a waste if they have the assets in the game (as seen in Campaign) and they don't use it. Would feel good to be able to revive in game, maybe depending on how hard you get hit you can't get revived.
Looks like it should be possible, but time and resources prohibited its inclusion. Never know, could be something that's possible next year or at the very least future games. Just need to make sure and let 343 know if this is something you'd like to see happen. There's a good thread here that you can add requests / info to: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/build-your-own-content-drop-what-do-you-want/393b2b36-132c-4061-a052-2cfec3e9655d/posts
Cheers stckrboy, i'll let them know.
Nah this isn't Gears of War. Just make the respawn timer something reasonable. If you add a respawn it will just encourage players to hang back and not do CQC.
I think that in firefight maybe there should be classes like
Doc- Can revive
Engineer- can repair vehicles
Pilot/Driver- Vehicle there in takes less/ does more damage
etc.
I think this would make a team stronger
-Spartan 4915, [WOLF] Genral Wiggin
While it feels too call of duty-ish I wouldn't mind that idea to be honest.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2