Add turrets to main bases in WZ to prevent farming

OP FatherlyNick

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
So the way you get farmed is because the enemy team can safely wait outside of your base.

Now what if there were 'Guardians' in the from of automate turrets outside of your Main base which will shoot at any hostile that gets too close.
Turrets will be disabled if your core is rendered vulnerable. This will ensure that the enemy is still able to take out your core when they need to.

What do you think?

I think turrets would definitely help this out: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Jadyn%202/video/16157060

EDIT: For the triple cap farming - Neutral AI enemies should be able to capture back bases. Also, make Warden move around the whole map freely and go to the location where most players are would break up the outside of base camp.

Spawn point selection should also be available if there too many enemies right outside of your base.
What would spice things up would be if each turret received too much damage in its standing it will cover itself underground waiting for someone to activate it again. I think turrets should only be deployed when you reach level 5 req, but it doesn't affect your level like when you're choosing an ability e.g. Death from Above.
I think that the farming only starts in earnest once all the bases are captured...and the core is vulnerable. So how would this idea help?
Oh, you mean Warzone. Your subject says FF and I came here to say "Who cares if people are farming in PvE?"
Anyway, yeah, I think turrets outside the base would be a cool way to help that issue. I also like RobbaLobsta's idea of requiring them to be activated by players manually, perhaps with a required REQ level as he suggested.
EDIT: Sorry for double post. Browser lag :/
Spoiler:
Show
I think that the farming only starts in earnest once all the bases are captured...and the core is vulnerable. So how would this idea help?
Then how do people get farmed? If the energy shield is down, there is no real way you can get farmed...
Then how do people get farmed? If the energy shield is down, there is no real way you can get farmed...
The only way this would be a good idea is if the turret activated after 12 minutes and the core has to be exposed for more than 4 minutes. That way it doesnt become an items to prevent normal gameplay and just a farm deterrent.
Interesting idea
The opposing team deliberately doesn't core you. They sit outside the home base and just kill people as they spawn or try to defend until they've had their fill.
The opposing team deliberately doesn't core you. They sit outside the home base and just kill people as they spawn or try to defend until they've had their fill.
Then you thankfully get Fuel Rod Rambos who charge into your base bravely, destroys your Core and ends your farmed-suffering quickly :)

Too bad it ain't always the case.
josoi wrote:
Oh, you mean Warzone. Your subject says FF and I came here to say "Who cares if people are farming in PvE?"
Anyway, yeah, I think turrets outside the base would be a cool way to help that issue. I also like RobbaLobsta's idea of requiring them to be activated by players manually, perhaps with a required REQ level as he suggested.
Yeah, I had Firefight on the mind when I typed the title.

Fix'd now. I meant Warzone.
Or just be given the option to spawn in a distant part of the map, rather than in your core. Problem solved.

I'm tired of these threads with suggestions that would prevent the opposing team from taking the core. Or giving the losing team a bonus ability to drag out the core scenario for 10 more minutes.

Right now there are two options to stop farming against you.
#1 - fight back, at all. If you do anything to fight back, to break out or to defend your core, then you are not being farmed. Stop pretending that you're a victim if you're not.
#2 - don't spawn. Just scroll through your REQs when you die. You'll burn about 30 seconds without spawning. No spawning = no farming.

There. The end. Problem solved. And you can implement those RIGHT NOW without begging 343 to implement a way for you to get a reversal win that you didn't earn when you're not being farmed.
Or just be given the option to spawn in a distant part of the map, rather than in your core. Problem solved.

I'm tired of these threads with suggestions that would prevent the opposing team from taking the core. Or giving the losing team a bonus ability to drag out the core scenario for 10 more minutes.

#1 - fight back, at all. If you do anything to fight back, to break out or to defend your core, then you are not being farmed. Stop pretending that you're a victim if you're not.
#2 - don't spawn. Just scroll through your REQs when you die. You'll burn about 30 seconds without spawning. No spawning = no farming.

There. The end. Problem solved. And you can implement those RIGHT NOW without begging 343 to implement a way for you to get a reversal win that you didn't earn when you're not being farmed.
Try option 1 in this situation.I completely agree with the ability to select alternative spawn points if the majority of enemy is inside / just outside of your base.

Try option 1 in this situation.
Lol. I've seen that before.
So like I said, if you're fight back them you're not being farmed. If no one left then it would've stopped.

Try option 1 in this situation.
Lol. I've seen that before.
So like I said, if you're fight back them you're not being farmed. If no one left then it would've stopped.
Problem with that is - how is this a fair game. It is clearly not being played as intended and it could only result because devs didn't really think it through completely. Its unfair and should be fixed somehow.

Sure you can just idle and walk around your base, but that's like playing Slayer while everyone is invincible - you might as well not play at all then.
Well I'll give you this much: some auto-turrets that are engaged around the core UNTIL disengaged by the triple-cap, would be cool.

But as for running around inside the core behind the shield, I think that would be OK. Just troll the attackers and tea bag behind the barrier without anyone going outside.
Defenses that could be turned on to provide a spawn buffer wouldn't be a bad thing. It's one thing to spawn in the back of your base. It's something else when the computer spawns you out in no-man's land and people are waiting. They should have an enemy proximity warning that won't spawn you in places if an enemy is too close. I'd say some defenses a few meters out of the base, even ones your spartan can mount and use would be huge to create a spawn buffer and push back. Otherwise if you can hold your exposed core for say 3 minutes, have the ability to ODST in at a different part of the map. At least for a hand full of people.
J0b R wrote:
The only way this would be a good idea is if the turret activated after 12 minutes and the core has to be exposed for more than 4 minutes. That way it doesnt become an items to prevent normal gameplay and just a farm deterrent.
I still think instead of turrets after 4 minutes, 343 should send A LOT of AI to recap the respective "middle base" (Garage, Monument, Spire). That way we can get more AI kills and the farming team would have to give some relief from the farming to go deal with that.
J0b R wrote:
I still think instead of turrets after 4 minutes, 343 should send A LOT of AI to recap the respective "middle base" (Garage, Monument, Spire). That way we can get more AI kills and the farming team would have to give some relief from the farming to go deal with that.
But this won't solve anything. If you watched the above video, most "good" farmers rush your first base, cap it, and leave you in your core while they only hold one base. The dreaded "triple cap" isn't always how people are farmed.
If 343i put turrets, I will use snipers >:v
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11