OP FatherlyNick

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. ...
  7. 11
IMO I think that this is a great idea. I would like to see this implemented, at least for a trial to see what happens and what difference it can make. For sure!
A+
Quit whining, most people have no idea what the difference between farming and triple caps are. For crying out loud, make a fireteam, shoot move and communicate clearly, and back cap a base. Its not difficult at all. Ive been in multiple games lately where we got triple capped and within 2min we had them triple capped. All of you whiners see a trip cap and quit and then cry farming. Your literally the boy who cried wolf, just severly more annoying.
This post is flawed from the premise. I was in that game you shared, and it lasted 46 minutes. That's not farming. We did it to see how long we could drag out a match and to have a good time (which we certainly did), not to get Achilles or pad stats or anything of that sort. And what else are we to do but farm, when the other team always makes it difficult to core? I'm not going to slam my head against a brick wall of marines and grenades when I can sit outside in a gauss.

As for all these silly ideas to give boosts to players for doing badly, none of them will work. We're just going to find a way around all of them. And if you make it too difficult to be worth our time? We'll let you have an armory and kill you there. You can argue the right or wrong of it all you like, but only one thing is going to make your games shorter: RP bonuses for quick cores. Fair or not, sometimes you just need to pay the ransom. Until then, don't play a 12v12 without a fireteam and you might not get curb stomped for three quarters of an hour.

With all due respect.
The turrets can be the better idea to combat that actitude
And 343 can also disarm the turrets when the core are exposed and be a better gamemode
nah turrets would be to OP
man... u spwan with a weapon in your hand -> fight back.
Love the idea OP
I like wz just the way ot is, don't add turrets, learn how to defend base
Awesome idea
This post is flawed from the premise. I was in that game you shared, and it lasted 46 minutes. That's not farming. We did it to see how long we could drag out a match and to have a good time (which we certainly did), not to get Achilles or pad stats or anything of that sort. And what else are we to do but farm, when the other team always makes it difficult to core? I'm not going to slam my head against a brick wall of marines and grenades when I can sit outside in a gauss.

As for all these silly ideas to give boosts to players for doing badly, none of them will work. We're just going to find a way around all of them. And if you make it too difficult to be worth our time? We'll let you have an armory and kill you there. You can argue the right or wrong of it all you like, but only one thing is going to make your games shorter: RP bonuses for quick cores. Fair or not, sometimes you just need to pay the ransom. Until then, don't play a 12v12 without a fireteam and you might not get curb stomped for three quarters of an hour.

With all due respect.
That's a -Yoink- move. You want to have a good time dragging things out, play custom. There's no reason to keep going past 10 minutes. Beat them and find a better match. I say this as someone that thinks the turret idea is terrible and the extent of framing isn't anywhere near what the complaining on here would indicate.
I think this is an okay idea, but it will make non farming assaults more difficult!
sounds like a good idea
That's a really good idea!!
It could be a good idea, but it's not like that all the time!
Seeing as this post is related to balancing Warzone, check out Bringing Bears Back to Battle! Th article focuses on bringing the iconic Halo Wars Grizzly into Warzone, but with a slight twist. As a side note, letting Warden wander around the whole map would make the center base almost useless. The center base is there because it gives you a strategic advantage when AI bosses spawn in.
i would love stationary turrets or auto turrets like the ones from halo 4
Turrets would be a nice idea, Tbh I had this idea a while ago. Instead of just weapon Reqs, you could use Reqs as a currency to buy base defenses? Such as an ODST Squad or Marine squad? Of course different turrets such as anti air etc? maybe colour field doors like your base has at the start so the nermy have to rethink there way into getting into your base??

However, With all this defence it would make it difficult for them to capture your core which sounds like a good idea if your being farmed but when you play legit and on the offensive, its going to suck being constantly ruined and losing your nornfang over AI constantly.

With all due respect.
This guy has the best idea i've heard in 10 pages of posts. There should be a huge RP bonus for quickly destroying the core. This bonus will diminish over time so there's a big incentive to go all in and get that core asap.

As long as there's more to be gained from milking the match for kills, that's what ppl are gonna do.

With all due respect.
That's a -Yoink- move. You want to have a good time dragging things out, play custom. There's no reason to keep going past 10 minutes. Beat them and find a better match. I say this as someone that thinks the turret idea is terrible and the extent of framing isn't anywhere near what the complaining on here would indicate.
It just wouldn't feel the same or at least I dont think it would. Also some people have fun in different ways, not everybody enjoys playing the same exact way all the time and even though it was a -Yoink move in a boring game like this, one cannot help themselves to experimentation. I at least wont be doing it specifically because this guy showed that nothing would happen so that right there deters the farmers who see his post. So I say just let it go, and go play some Halo.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. ...
  7. 11