2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 11
Or just be given the option to spawn in a distant part of the map, rather than in your core. Problem solved.

I'm tired of these threads with suggestions that would prevent the opposing team from taking the core. Or giving the losing team a bonus ability to drag out the core scenario for 10 more minutes.

Right now there are two options to stop farming against you.
#1 - fight back, at all. If you do anything to fight back, to break out or to defend your core, then you are not being farmed. Stop pretending that you're a victim if you're not.
#2 - don't spawn. Just scroll through your REQs when you die. You'll burn about 30 seconds without spawning. No spawning = no farming.

There. The end. Problem solved. And you can implement those RIGHT NOW without begging 343 to implement a way for you to get a reversal win that you didn't earn when you're not being farmed.
Try option 1 in this situation.I completely agree with the ability to select alternative spawn points if the majority of enemy is inside / just outside of your base.
LMAO about the guy at the end, that was really mean, but damn hilarious.
J0b R wrote:
I think that the farming only starts in earnest once all the bases are captured...and the core is vulnerable. So how would this idea help?
Then how do people get farmed? If the energy shield is down, there is no real way you can get farmed...
The only way this would be a good idea is if the turret activated after 12 minutes and the core has to be exposed for more than 4 minutes. That way it doesnt become an items to prevent normal gameplay and just a farm deterrent.
I like that 4 minutes after core rule. It could add a cool twist to farmerless games and also help deter farmers. Like a team non farmer team caps all bases and then they would need to get the core relatively fast before the turrets powered up. The turrets should be strong and powerful enough to pose a threat to the enemy team too.
Yea we need ai to try to recapture bases that way it's less farming.
I can see why 343 doesn't think farming is a problem. That's the first example of actual farming that I've ever seen in this game, that's really unfortunate for you OP but the only real solution that's fair to all parties is a time limit. Having a gametype with an unlimited time limit is never a good idea anyways.
I like the idea of some sort of anti-air artillery on your base to provide protection from banshees that fly in circles spawn camping.
It would help a little. The only thing is you would be sniped or blown out if it by a scorpion
es muy buena ida se oye interesante
I like the idea of base turrets, but how about instead of them being sentry turrets, give the marines a buff and make them man the turrets so they can be stopped. But the turrets will have to be non detachable so that spartans can't take them into the fight.
Turrets would stop that(when your core defenses are up you have turrets with unlimited health), and then to fix taking forever to take out the core have the turrets spawn after say 4-5 minutes, but have limited health than slowly increase health/damage per minute.
Turrets would stop that(when your core defenses are up you have turrets with unlimited health), and then to fix taking forever to take out the core have the turrets spawn after say 4-5 minutes, but have limited health than slowly increase health/damage per minute.
what if the marines just man the turrets instead, they would be buffed and the turrets can be stopped, the turrets need to be non detachable though.
I think this will help people stop farming.
It's a great idea I never thought about it
People can still call up the req for it. BUT still this is a good idea! Just put it in the bridge next to the req station
Air farming is also a big problem, air vehicles destroying you as soon as you spawn with your new expensive weapon. What if there was a control panel in your base that could send out an EMP disabling all enemy aircrafts in your immediate airspace. It would either deter them from farming or allow you to hijack that air vehicle. This would solve the air issue. The ground farming could be solved by buffing the marines by putting them on nondetachable turrets. The turrets can now be disabled and farming can be stopped. They can't be detachable because that would be free turrets taken into battle without the use of requisitions. If have solid ideas and I hope that I get recognized.
I'm glad someone finally suggested a solution to farming. Everyone complains and asks 343 to magically fix it, but until now nobody had any real ideas.
Automated turrets are a pretty good idea but not enough. No matter where you put one it still has a limited field of fire. It wouldn't take much to sneak up on one or attack from its blind spot (like avoiding a security camera).
Team-friendly shield doors would be better. We already have them for our home bases. It makes sense to activate them at the bases we capture (except central bases i.e. fortress, monument, spire ect.). If the enemy disables the turrets the doors open.
Camping, squatting, farming it's all the same. There's no real way to end it, but there are always strategies to make it difficult.
Payor02 wrote:
Air farming is also a big problem, air vehicles destroying you as soon as you spawn with your new expensive weapon. What if there was a control panel in your base that could send out an EMP disabling all enemy aircrafts in your immediate airspace. It would either deter them from farming or allow you to hijack that air vehicle. This would solve the air issue. The ground farming could be solved by buffing the marines by putting them on nondetachable turrets. The turrets can now be disabled and farming can be stopped. They can't be detachable because that would be free turrets taken into battle without the use of requisitions. If have solid ideas and I hope that I get recognized.
We already have plasma pistols for EMPs use them.
es muy buena ida se oye interesante
English amigo, English. Comprende?
I do think auto turrets would be nice
So the way you get farmed is because the enemy team can safely wait outside of your base.

Now what if there were 'Guardians' in the from of automate turrets outside of your Main base which will shoot at any hostile that gets too close.
Turrets will be disabled if your core is rendered vulnerable. This will ensure that the enemy is still able to take out your core when they need to.

What do you think?

I think turrets would definitely help this out: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Jadyn%202/video/16157060

EDIT: For the triple cap farming - Neutral AI enemies should be able to capture back bases. Also, make Warden move around the whole map freely and go to the location where most players are would break up the outside of base camp.

Spawn point selection should also be available if there too many enemies right outside of your base.
This would make the game miserable for people who play the game right. Imagine if you fought your hardest to triple cap someone and the score was close, and then you lose your base to AI...
I think that you can get out of your base if you want it just takes a little skill, if you get killed in the game you just don't go and complain it probably that you're just bad and should work on tactics to help yourself out.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 11