Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

After Death R.I.P. Halo Fan

OP SnoFox

It has been one year since I lost my younger brother. Since then I have not opened (intentionally) any REQ packs that I have gained.

I have tried to log in at least once a day. Even when I was sick or had other obligations.

I currently hold right now 648 unopened packs, I hope to redeem a few from the " NA HaloWC 2018 Orlando Open – Day 1 NA HaloWC 2018 Orlando Open – Day 1" stream. After the stream I may go ahead and open all of them. I'm not sure since I have gone this long w/o doing so in remembrance of my brother. I would like to know what others may do.
Little tidbit you can do; you can get on Waypoint and go to your service record and access the packs there. That counts as logging into Halo 5...without needing to go onto the Xbox.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
I think you should keep them, and maybe open them when Halo 6 comes out.
Open them on his birthday, so he can look on from above at what he got.

Spartans never die, I'm sorry for your loss soldier.
Sorry for your loss. I think it's really cool that you have been saving the cards since his passing. I would open ALL of them on a special day (possibly his Bday, like Fox recommended). Make a day of it, reflect, remember all the good times.

Stay strong, Spartan.
Halo has/was been the only thing my bro and I have been able to bond over. It was our entire childhood. So many fond memories. Now we are very different and have nothing in common, but still get together every now and then to kick back and play Halo. If I ever lost him, I would never be able to pick up this game again. Would put my xbox in the bin and quit gaming forever.

Sorry for your loss :(
"Spartans Never Die"

I'm sorry for your loss my friend, I would never touch Halo again if I lost my brother, my bloodline, I treasured those moments back on the Og Xbox, me & him would always play Halo Ce & Halo 2 after school, its the best memories I possess.

But my honor goes to him, I reckon you should open those Packs on his Birthday to remember him, I'd definitely would
Randall-037 - MIA
SnoFox’s Brother - MIA
Kurt-051 - MIA
Jorge-052 - MIA

Never Forgotten.
Little tidbit you can do; you can get on Waypoint and go to your service record and access the packs there. That counts as logging into Halo 5...without needing to go onto the Xbox.
Thank you, that really is a great tip.

DaxSeven09 wrote:
I think you should keep them, and maybe open them when Halo 6 comes out.
Open them on his birthday, so he can look on from above at what he got.

Spartans never die, I'm sorry for your loss.
Thank you both for the ideas, maybe his birthday will be the day this year. Thank you.

J Teeps wrote:
Sorry for your loss. I think it's really cool that you have been saving the cards since his passing. I would open ALL of them on a special day (possibly his Bday, like Fox recommended). Make a day of it, reflect, remember all the good times.

Stay strong, Spartan.
Thank you, his birthday seems to be where I am leaning right now. I will continue to earn packs then until this September.

Halo has/was been the only thing my bro and I have been able to bond over. It was our entire childhood. So many fond memories. Now we are very different and have nothing in common, but still get together every now and then to kick back and play Halo. If I ever lost him, I would never be able to pick up this game again. Would put my xbox in the bin and quit gaming forever.

Sorry for your loss :(
Yeah, we had gone our separate ways he moved to Indiana while I moved to North Carolina. We have played Halo since CE and he really liked Halo 2. When I lost him it was a hard choice of what to do. So many things I wanted to change in life, what I shouldn't do anymore. When I finally came back I thought I would at least continue to earn REQ packs. Still not sure why of all things Halo 5 REQ packs came to mind but I started and didn't stop.

"Spartans Never Die"I'm sorry for your loss my friend, I would never touch Halo again if I lost my brother, my bloodline, I treasured those moments back on the Og Xbox, me & him would always play Halo Ce & Halo 2 after school, its the best memories I possess.

But my honor goes to him, I reckon you should open those Packs on his Birthday to remember him, I'd definitely would
Thank you, yes we were huge fans of CE and he liked Halo 2 the most. Going back to Halo was a hard choice after the loss. I'm still not sure why I chose to collect Halo 5 REQ packs it just kinda happened and I kept at it.
Timmeh240 wrote:
Randall-037 - MIA
SnoFox’s Brother - MIA
Kurt-051 - MIA
Jorge-052 - MIA

Never Forgotten.
If there was a pin option this would have it to the top of the list.
SnoFox wrote:
It has been one year since I lost my younger brother. Since then I have not opened (intentionally) any REQ packs that I have gained.

I have tried to log in at least once a day. Even when I was sick or had other obligations.

I currently hold right now 648 unopened packs, I hope to redeem a few from the " NA HaloWC 2018 Orlando Open – Day 1 NA HaloWC 2018 Orlando Open – Day 1" stream. After the stream I may go ahead and open all of them. I'm not sure since I have gone this long w/o doing so in remembrance of my brother. I would like to know what others may do.
I'm deeply sorry about your loss. Open them on his birthday, as a tribute. Spartans Never die, and he will never be forgotten.
Ever since you made this thread, I've been trying to put together sage advice to pass to you but I just don't have the words in me.

Noone should have to go through the loss of a loved one. Your strength and resolution are inspiring to me.
Ever since you made this thread, I've been trying to put together sage advice to pass to you but I just don't have the words in me.

Noone should have to go through the loss of a loved one. Your strength and resolution is inspiring to me.
Seriously, this is one of the most noble things I've read lately with so much going on in the public forum, its good to know us, gamers, have our own community; fight together, mourn together - 117 forever.
Hope I'm not too late on this, but I think putting on your little brother's favorite armor combo and colors on your own character is another great way to honor him. I feel that donning his exact likeness is a heartfelt way of knowing that his spirit will never subside in the very universe he cherished.
Yeah, my brother died in 2009. Favorite game was Halo 3.

Circumstances were a bit different back then, and the only thing I could do for Halo 3 was to just play Halo 3 year after year, in his memory, ya know?
I'd do whatever you think he would have done under the circumstances with you. If you had passed away and he was in your place.
Anyway, I'm about a week late, so maybe what I'm typing has no purpose.

Still. That's what I'd do.
I am terribly sorry for your loss. I hope I’m never put in a situation like that. I would do what someone else suggested and open them on his birthday. Best of luck for the future.
Sorry for your loss. So many good suggestions here.
I can't imagine the pain you're going through. Your brother will be remembered as a fallen Spartan. You could open all the packs on his anniversary and play his favorite playlists that day.

Spartans never die SnoFox, Spartans never die.
I'll never understand what it feels like to lose a sibling because I don't have any, but regardless I feel for you bro. I lost my grandmother over a year ago and I can't tell you how much pain my family was in after it.

Anyhow, all of these suggestions here are good, my favorites being the "unbox em on his birthday" and "don his favorite armor if you know it". If you have any picture of him, especially one of him smiling or you two playing games or something, put it next to you facing the screen when you unbox them. That way, he'll be able to see through the picture what he gets and be happy with it no matter what.
"Spartans never die their just missing in action"
Sorry for your loss maybe open them on his birthday as said above