Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

After months, I decided to check back on this game

OP Icarusael

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Its been week I crave for replaying Halo even if last time I played, I left because Halo 5 was a disaster. I kept seeing new content being added and some friend of mine who never ever played Halo bought this game and kept playing and asking me to join them. Tonight I decided it was time to start it all again. I went for a classic, Infection! I was greeted with worst then a disaster; this game was not able to reborn from its ashes. Next step for Infection is a Blood Gulch map and every Spartans are equiped with a Scorpions against 1 infected. What the * happened to the Halo universe guys? The only thing that still echoes the glory from what Halo was is the music. It may or may not be the best but it is still solid. Posting here will ease my pain for losing the best multiplayer experience I got the chance to experience.
While halo 5 has quite a few issues, it's no disaster. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Some parts are rushed and are blatantly bad, But some are good. The inconsistency of the energy sword and shotgun in Halo 5 infection angers me to no end, but sometimes, it's fun to crank the volume up in your headphones and scream in surprise as you get taken down by an energy sword. Halo 5s BTB angers me the most though, because while it's fun, it doesn't live up to its name, and BTB was my favorite.
Today there's been quite few threads about people complaining about the game so much. Of course they are entitled to their opinion, but it seems more common today.
It's the same game and will be the same game with updates. It's the same disaster and will be disaster.
I'll just have to disagree, I think it's fantastic.
Without being a -Yoink-, I am asking this question seriously: Is it possible that players who enjoy the most this game are the same generation of players who plays or used to play with Halo Mega Bloks? The generation that made Halo go from M for Mature to T for Teen? I always wondered why would they start making children toys from a M for Mature rated game... 343 Industries seems to be heading towards this direction, making Spartans look like transformers, like toys. Bad toys.
You know, I really have no idea why people don't seem to like Halo's classic arena gameplay anymore... All people ever talk about is Infection, SWAT, Super Fiesta, and some variation of WZ...
To be fair...you play infection. Try normal arena and slayer, it is very fun (Go in with friends if you can )
I don't mean to offend or anything but, seems to me that you are just bad at the game. You need to play more often and get used to the movement and the new stuff. It's really fun and if you were playing since day 1, you would just love this game.
Icarusael wrote:
Without being a -Yoink-, I am asking this question seriously: Is it possible that players who enjoy the most this game are the same generation of players who plays or used to play with Halo Mega Bloks? The generation that made Halo go from M for Mature to T for Teen? I always wondered why would they start making children toys from a M for Mature rated game... 343 Industries seems to be heading towards this direction, making Spartans look like transformers, like toys. Bad toys.
I'm 31 years old and I love Halo 5 as I have every Halo game that preceded it, so ... no. And what was so "mature" about Combat Evolved or Halo 2 or 3? Food Nipples?

I think the problem is that you want Halo 5's Infection to be the same as Halo 3's or Reach's. And other people want the movement to be like Halo 3. People don't want Halo 5 to be like Halo 5. They want to keep buying the same game over and over. I understand that Halo is Halo, but when they don't bother to differentiate or add variety between the titles and start recycling the same stuff over and over it gets stale and redundant and I get bored.

Halo 3 is Halo 3. Halo Reach is Halo Reach. CE is CE. Halo 5 is Halo 5. They're all different and do their own thing. That's why I like them. That's why I still play them. If Infection was the same in all the games, what would be the point? I can play all the games and get a unique and different experience, so that's why I still play them all. What would be the point of spending the evening playing matches in CE, H2, H3, Reach, H4, H2A, & H5 if they were all the same, or am I the only one who does that? If you wanna play Halo 3's Infection, go do that. We have all of the Halo games on one console, right now, why do you want them all to be identical? It makes no sense to me.
Icarusael wrote:
Stereotype. Regarding the rating halo wasn't really deserving of an M rating to begin with. There's not a lot of blood and gore and no nudity unless you count cortana but even then I'd say she's more revealing in the newer games which would go vs the T rating. Then you have jokes and sarcasm in the game with really very few cursing. In short the rating means nothing and has no relevance to anything. A 12 year old will get a game reguardless of its rating and halo caters to all ages.

To add like another poster did, I've played since 2001, much of my gaming community have played since CE, h2, and some h3, there is no blame for the guys who started in reach, h4, or h5 and it's really asanine to me for people to even blame them for changes and what not when in the end everyone is pro halo.
Neyrra wrote:
I don't mean to offend or anything but, seems to me that you are just bad at the game. You need to play more often and get used to the movement and the new stuff. It's really fun and if you were playing since day 1, you would just love this game.
I played since day one and I can say i don't love it. I can be friends with it, but only if we don't see each other months at a time.
Icarusael wrote:
Didn't even notice this. I didn't even realize Halo was rated T!
Icarusael wrote:
I'm 31 years old and I love Halo 5 as I have every Halo game that preceded it, so ... no. And what was so "mature" about Combat Evolved or Halo 2 or 3? Food Nipples?

I think the problem is that you want Halo 5's Infection to be the same as Halo 3's or Reach's. And other people want the movement to be like Halo 3. People don't want Halo 5 to be like Halo 5. They want to keep buying the same game over and over. I understand that Halo is Halo, but when they don't bother to differentiate or add variety between the titles and start recycling the same stuff over and over it gets stale and redundant and I get bored.

Halo 3 is Halo 3. Halo Reach is Halo Reach. CE is CE. Halo 5 is Halo 5. They're all different and do their own thing. That's why I like them. That's why I still play them. If Infection was the same in all the games, what would be the point? I can play all the games and get a unique and different experience, so that's why I still play them all. What would be the point of spending the evening playing matches in CE, H2, H3, Reach, H4, H2A, & H5 if they were all the same, or am I the only one who does that? If you wanna play Halo 3's Infection, go do that. We have all of the Halo games on one console, right now, why do you want them all to be identical? It makes no sense to me.
The funniest part of all this is people making the "the only people that like Halo 5 are kids and Halo used to be more mature" frequently started playing the game when they were kids.

Halo is no more or less mature than it was when it started. It had its silly points and serious points, but never really warranted an M rating. "Halo is less mature" whimpers of an ax to grind.
So what you're saying is you got stuck being the zombie and got your -Yoink- kicked basically. Apparently infection is the measurement for how good this game is to you. Okay then...
Icarusael wrote:
You do sound like a -Yoink-. I played from day 1. I'm 25 and H2 is my favorite game of all time. H5 is one of the most polished Halo games to date and arena is balanced and competitive.
I get the vibe that the OP isn't good at the game and is now full of salt. As far as the rating goes Halo has never deserved a M rating. Also every Halo brought changes to game play and playlist. So I don't get why some expect the games to play exactly as they did before when Halo has never done that. Sadly it seems the majority of gamers now a days are impatient and if they aren't good at a game right away or understand how it works they rage online how it's the games fault.
You know, I really have no idea why people don't seem to like Halo's classic arena gameplay anymore... All people ever talk about is Infection, SWAT, Super Fiesta, and some variation of WZ...
Because the arena balance and gameplay is still very different and the spawns suck something fierce if I had to guess.
LethalQ wrote:
I get the vibe that the OP isn't good at the game and is now full of salt. As far as the rating goes Halo has never deserved a M rating. Also every Halo brought changes to game play and playlist. So I don't get why some expect the games to play exactly as they did before when Halo has never done that. Sadly it seems the majority of gamers now a days are impatient and if they aren't good at a game right away or understand how it works they rage online how it's the games fault.
Or maybe he just really doesn't like the game. I'll admit I'm not as good at Halo 5 as previous games, but I also haven't played it or kept up with because I didn't like the gameplay that much, but even when I play it now it's just meh, it feels uninspired and boring and a lot of the memorable parts from previous games that I liked are either downplayed or absent.

Also the previous games had much more blood, some gore, and swearing so idk where you think it should have been T until now. It's always been on the milder side of M games, but it can still cross the line in some parts.
You had one bad game of infection? Is that what I'm reading?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2