Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

After reading about so many disconnects..

OP MiloIsTaken

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
Not only am I using wifi, but my router is upstairs and my Xbox is downstairs. I have a repeater that my xbox is connected to, and I haven't disconnected yet
I rarely get disconnected. Maybe twice since launch. So it's not a server issue. May be isp related. A lot of time warner users are reporting issues.
I got disconnected about an hour ago .... so play Star Wars ever had any problem with it !
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Because the majority are claiming disconnect when they are just quitting.
That's ridiculous. Have you read the support forums? It's filled with server complaints. I even decided to write this after getting disconnected for how ever many times today. It's not my wifi either.
If you are using WiFi on your Xbox one it very well could be your end. It's way better to use a wired connection. I think I have disconnected from maybe three games total... if that.
I'm wired it doesn't change anything!
You could run 30go a mili second and still get disconnected on halo right now
Anyone using WiFi can never complain about disconnects in my opinion, Ethernet is the standard and recommended way to play games online. Wi-Fi causes latency, lag, ping issues, drop-outs and tons of other problems like NAT that Ethernet hardly ever has. There isn't even a valid excuse for not being connected via Ethernet when devices like Powerline adapters exist for those whose console and router are on different floors.

Sure there are some legitimate server or ISP disconnects, I've had them once or twice myself. But I'd be willing to bet the majority of issues stem from Wi-Fi or another player-side network issue.
Yeah I'm sorry to admit but I'm in the same boat as some of you. I NEVER quit a game especially a Halo game. I'm a Halo veteran and I have been since Halo 2 came out. I'm a diehard fan and extremely loyal to the Halo universe. Never quitting in Halo is my top moral when playing and it always has been, especially when Bungie was in control, they had strict qutting penalties in H3 if some of you can remember. The ban-hammer has always been fierce in a good way, and it's good today just as it was back then.

However, during the last few days I have been kicked out randomly from games and it starts with lagging; almost appearing if I'm teleporting around the map and than bam it hits me and I get kicked out. It's frustrating, even more so if I'm having a great game. I must have several DNF's thus far that I'm keeping record of, and if I ever get banned for the disconnections I would be extremely ticked off.

I don't quit like some may claim, and my internet is quite fine. I win game after game usually, why would I quit intentionally? Just look at my stats, I'm even top 1% in things. This isn't just a case by case basis, there is a server-side problem. So for some of you to say you must be quitting, you're abosoutley ignorant, probably ten years old, still were in your mother's womb when I started playing, and obviously don't understand other circumstances that could be associated with a specific situation.

So, I do hope this matter will be looked into at some point, and it wouldn't only help myself but many others with similar connection problems. If I ever get banned for losing connection and not actually quitting or commiting a serious offense that would be unfair, and ultimately not right. I have no problem going to the 343 HQ over there in Kirkland Washington and requesting to speak to developers. I would request that they pull up a data log of my account and that will prove that I didn't quit intentionally.

Hopefully this will be addressed in the next update.

Yours truly.
May be a bit of an overreaction to getting banned for a couple hours?
Ive disconnected many times in arena and warzone and it always seems to happen and it rewens games and its even worse when playing with friends.
I can get onto the game loading when playing multiplayer but every time i get this message - "connection lost, you have been disconnected from local network. Returning you to the main menu". I'm a little stumped as I've checked all my connection as they are fine, but still keep getting disconnected!!!! Has anyone got any tips on how to help with this problem at all?
LethalQ wrote:
You cannot be serious. Why would we come on the forums to defend our incomplete games? "Aww man i disconnected again. Better go to the forums so they dont think im a quitter!" lol what a joke
My connection is wired and I been disconnecting a lot recently too. Most of the time it happens when the match is about to begin and sometimes it happens mid-game. The game is not even lagging, I just suddenly get kicked randomly to the Main Menu. I haven't experienced any issue in any other games, so I don't think that there is a problem with my connection. I even got banned for "quiting" so much.
Dealing with infrequent disconnects would be far more tolerable if you could reconnect. I don't see why this can not be done.
I was losing real bad and one of my teamates quit then my k/d started getting attacked. I got upset next thing I know I Lagged Out. Lol
I was legitimately getting disconnected from my matches randomly last week, even when connected with an Ethernet cable, open NAT, and everything else running fine. I've only ever quit one match of Halo 5, which was due to unbearable lag (the worst I've had in H5) and being 1v4. Thankfully, everything has been running very smoothly the last few days with no disconnects. I haven't changed anything on my end, so who's to say that something hasn't been done behind the scenes? I'm sure plenty of players are having trouble, but I can't imagine that absolutely nothing has been done thus far.
I've been getting some disconnects recently. But I think I've found a workaround that seemed to help this morning.

My set up is over Wifi, but I've also configured my x1 to "Instant-on," which means it never really shuts off. I've been playing a lot of H5, so I would just 'shutdown' my x1 with H5 still running. I've noticed that when I wake up my x1, and start H5 again, it doesn't how the Microsoft Studio and 343 Industries intro animations. What this says to me is, H5 was still running in the background.

So I noticed this morning, while I was messing around with Custom games, H5 would disconnect from the servers time after time. There's nothing wrong with x1's game and video stores. Just H5 is reporting the problem. I decided to shut down H5, and restart again, and miraculously, no more disconnects.

I wonder if there's an issue with H5 when it sits in the background, and tries to connect with the servers when it wakes up; and if the people who don't have connection issues start H5 fresh each time they play.
Andy ARDK wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
I take it your American and so don't have the problem the rest of us have !
I'm an American and i frequently get disconnects. I feel your pain. That other guy is a blithering idiot.
LethalQ wrote:
You seriously cant be stating that people are quitting rather than a real disconnect. They need a system that can tell the differences between both.
Have occasionally had the same issue. Seems to happen randomly, & will say I'm offline for a few seconds. Of course, when this happens it prevents me from rejoining with my fireteam (why is that a thing btw?) to play out the match I was just in.
I have had a few issues in game such as not being able to access my rec packs while playing games of warzone or the fact that I decided to us my xp boost and then lag out of the lobby causing me to not only loose that boost but it counts it as me quitting which win or lose I never do because quitting means that the points or xp I would receive from the game are lost resulting in a waste of ten to twenty minutes of my life.z
Because that would require them to do actual work to fix the issue. They can't just Forge or remix the ban system, and I don't think it's covered by our REQ pack purchases.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8