Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Again, the radar.

OP WarMachine01992

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So we get a social playlist, which is really good, on the right track. But still, it has the 18m radar that tries to pander to the hardcore crowd. Can we please, at least for SOCIAL skirmish, get a normal 25m radar that is still arguably too short for the movement in this game?
So we get a social playlist, which is really good, on the right track. But still, it has the 18m radar that tries to pander to the hardcore crowd. Can we please, at least for SOCIAL skirmish, get a normal 25m radar that is still arguably too short for the movement in this game?
What the hardcore crowd really wants is no radar. 25M is too much range. If on eden im sitting on blue cat i should not be able to see on my radar anyone sitting in security.
What the hardcore crowd really wants is no radar. 25M is too much range. If on eden im sitting on blue cat i should not be able to see on my radar anyone sitting in security.
This

the radar do not belong in Halo.
ChivasUK wrote:
This

No, it doesn't belong in hardcore Halo. It ABSOLUTELY belongs in social Halo.
There fixing it, quit crying
ChivasUK wrote:
Thisi

What? Is this really what everything has come to? How does the radar not belong in Halo? It has been around since CE and is a huge part of the gameplay. Why crouch if there is no radar? A player that uses their radar effectively is aware of their surroundings and can use it to surprise oppponets. Do you realize how many random encounters will happen without radar? By removing it you completely ruin how Halo works and the strategy involved in my opinion! Respectfully disagree with this.

If anything the radar needs an increase because of Halo 5s movement speed in my opinion.

Edit: Even for hardcore / ranked playlists.
ChivasUK wrote:
This

No, it doesn't belong in hardcore Halo. It ABSOLUTELY belongs in social Halo.
This.... a 25 meter motion detecter in social is absolutely fine.... smaller or no radar in hardcore/ranked is fine.
ChivasUK wrote:
Thisi

What? Is this really what everything has come to? How does the radar not belong in Halo? It has been around since CE and is a huge part of the gameplay. Why crouch if there is no radar? A player that uses their radar effectively is aware of their surroundings and can use it to surprise oppponets. Do you realize how many random encounters will happen without radar? By removing it you completely ruin how Halo works and the strategy involved in my opinion! Respectfully disagree with this.

If anything the radar needs an increase because of Halo 5s movement speed in my opinion.

This as well also applies.
I don't really care what Ranked does, but Social really should be moved up to 25m.
ChivasUK wrote:
This

Lol what. The radar has been in Halo since the very beginning. The only people who want it out are the sweaties.
I can't believe it. How do you explain that the radar doesn't belong in Halo when it's been there in EACH HALO GAME, ALL OF THEM.

Then, how do you explain having the tiniest radar ever in the fastest Halo ever, just how, someone please explain me, 'cause I can't seem to understand.

What I think should be done:
Return the radar to the ESTABLISHED 25m distance, and if the playlist is intended to be competitive, remove it, but just scrap that lousy 18m radar that just works as a distraction

Nowadays everything goes around the competitive community / pro players, why don't you ask for feedback from the casual / not competitive players too??? Participating in the feedback program wasn't enough as it seems.
The 18m radar is basically useless in this game apart from sitting in corners and waiting for someone.

That being said, there is NO reason is should be in competitive. None. 0. While I agree with the decision to hold off until after HWC to change it now, it should have been done after last years at the LATEST. There is no reason it should have taken a year to be adjusted.

Also, the "fixes" are going to be adjust the range and changing what abilities/movement appears. Which basically means that it'll be sprinting/abilities that show up as if sprinting doesn't show (meaning only the abilities would) then there would be no point and it would be better off removed completely (as it should be anyway), and it wouldn't make any sense to have sprinting show up but not the abilities.

I think they need to dump radar for competitive, but I'm willing to give whatever changes they make a chance.
Its almost like universal settings are not in everyone's best interest.

No radar has been basically the one consistent feature in competitive Halo and the first thing changed the moment a new Halo comes out but 343 in their infinite wisdom decided to gimp the radar for the sake of universal settings no one actually wants. Competitive players don't want radar at all and more casual players don't enjoy having a tiny ineffective radar.

Crow-baring in radar is emblematic of my problems with HCS as well. It feels so completely artificial. It doesn't exist out of a desire of the community to see Halo played at a high level, it feels like it comes from the marketing arm of MS and they can't have the settings diverge from the core game they want to advertise so both sides of the community get stuck with a sub par experience.
This whole thread is basically everyone agreeing with each other.

Expand radar range to 25m in social, remove it in competitive playlists.

There 343, we've done your job. Now give the plebes what they want!
Maybe even more than 25m in social, as this Halo is way faster horizontally than previous Halos. I think 30 or 35 might be good, but at least 25.
ChivasUK wrote:
This

Wrong. It doesn't belong in comp Halo, but for social it should stay. Casuals like it, they should have 25m.

ChivasUK wrote:
Thisi

No. I'm sorry, but there really is no coordination with having radar on in the past games for competitive settings. The team skill and awareness required to compete without having a wall hack are more rewarding and demanding compared to having a know it all icon on your screen telling you where anyone is within an Xm radius. The reality is, once you get to a higher level and learn more tricks, having radar is a detriment to radar as it slows down flanks and promotes auto usage.

Hardcore should have it removed.

I can't believe it. How do you explain that the radar doesn't belong in Halo when it's been there in EACH HALO GAME, ALL OF THEM.

Then, how do you explain having the tiniest radar ever in the fastest Halo ever, just how, someone please explain me, 'cause I can't seem to understand.

What I think should be done:
Return the radar to the ESTABLISHED 25m distance, and if the playlist is intended to be competitive, remove it, but just scrap that lousy 18m radar that just works as a distraction

Nowadays everything goes around the competitive community / pro players, why don't you ask for feedback from the casual / not competitive players too??? Participating in the feedback program wasn't enough as it seems.
They don't listen to us either dude. We've asked for no radar since launch, done our own testing, had pros polled, and NOW 343i decides to comment. Don't blame anyone in the competitive community, the blame belongs to 343i.

Universal settings hurt everyone, remember that guys.
ChivasUK wrote:
This

That's the stupidest thing I've read in a long, long time. There has always been a radar in Halo. Always.

edit -if they want to remove it for MLG tournaments or whatever that's fine, but it should always be part of the core game. Like grenades, Mjolnir armour and BR's.

edit 2 - if you want a "competitive" game that isn't set in a sci-fi universe go play CS or something. Leave my Halo alone.
You're all wrong:

Spoiler:
Show
You're all wrong:

Spoiler:
Show
Only 1% of the population will ever get it right.

All I see on this thread is lots of fighting over nothing. 95% of y'all want 25m "motion tracker" in social and nonexistent in competitive.

Really, 18m is too short if you going to keep that bloody Spartan Charge.
You're all wrong:

Spoiler:
Show
I see what u did there :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2