Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Again, the radar.

OP WarMachine01992

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Radar is near useless in 18m thanks to the fast movement and should buff back to 25m for normal competitive & social but they should add a Team/FFA hardcore playlist with no motion tracker/radar.
l Jinxed I wrote:
ChivasUK wrote:
So we get a social playlist, which is really good, on the right track. But still, it has the 18m radar that tries to pander to the hardcore crowd. Can we please, at least for SOCIAL skirmish, get a normal 25m radar that is still arguably too short for the movement in this game?
I can't believe it. How do you explain that the radar doesn't belong in Halo when it's been there in EACH HALO GAME, ALL OF THEM.

Then, how do you explain having the tiniest radar ever in the fastest Halo ever, just how, someone please explain me, 'cause I can't seem to understand.

What I think should be done:
Return the radar to the ESTABLISHED 25m distance, and if the playlist is intended to be competitive, remove it, but just scrap that lousy 18m radar that just works as a distraction

Nowadays everything goes around the competitive community / pro players, why don't you ask for feedback from the casual / not competitive players too??? Participating in the feedback program wasn't enough as it seems.
They don't listen to us either dude. We've asked for no radar since launch, done our own testing, had pros polled, and NOW 343i decides to comment. Don't blame anyone in the competitive community, the blame belongs to 343i.

Universal settings hurt everyone, remember that guys.
Sorry, I didn't mean to blame the competitive community, still, some of them (unlike you), usually don't care about what casuals have to say, they only care about "their" game, and not about others. At least some of you care about both sides of the coin.

I only said it like that 'cause since the start of the game 343i fill their mouths amd posts saying: We are communicating with the pro gamers amd blah blah blah... For -yoink- sake, do casuals mean nothing to you at all?? I play a lot, but I'm not good enough in the game to consider myself a pro, even since I've been playing since CE, that's why I'm complaining.
l Jinxed I wrote:
ChivasUK wrote:
So we get a social playlist, which is really good, on the right track. But still, it has the 18m radar that tries to pander to the hardcore crowd. Can we please, at least for SOCIAL skirmish, get a normal 25m radar that is still arguably too short for the movement in this game?
What the hardcore crowd really wants is no radar. 25M is too much range. If on eden im sitting on blue cat i should not be able to see on my radar anyone sitting in security.
This

the radar do not belong in Halo.
Wrong. It doesn't belong in comp Halo, but for social it should stay. Casuals like it, they should have 25m.

ChivasUK wrote:
What the hardcore crowd really wants is no radar. 25M is too much range. If on eden im sitting on blue cat i should not be able to see on my radar anyone sitting in security.
Thisi

What? Is this really what everything has come to? How does the radar not belong in Halo? It has been around since CE and is a huge part of the gameplay. Why crouch if there is no radar? A player that uses their radar effectively is aware of their surroundings and can use it to surprise oppponets. Do you realize how many random encounters will happen without radar? By removing it you completely ruin how Halo works and the strategy involved in my opinion! Respectfully disagree with this.

If anything the radar needs an increase because of Halo 5s movement speed in my opinion.

Edit: Even for hardcore / ranked playlists.
No. I'm sorry, but there really is no coordination with having radar on in the past games for competitive settings. The team skill and awareness required to compete without having a wall hack are more rewarding and demanding compared to having a know it all icon on your screen telling you where anyone is within an Xm radius. The reality is, once you get to a higher level and learn more tricks, having radar is a detriment to radar as it slows down flanks and promotes auto usage.

Hardcore should have it removed.

I can't believe it. How do you explain that the radar doesn't belong in Halo when it's been there in EACH HALO GAME, ALL OF THEM.

Then, how do you explain having the tiniest radar ever in the fastest Halo ever, just how, someone please explain me, 'cause I can't seem to understand.

What I think should be done:
Return the radar to the ESTABLISHED 25m distance, and if the playlist is intended to be competitive, remove it, but just scrap that lousy 18m radar that just works as a distraction

Nowadays everything goes around the competitive community / pro players, why don't you ask for feedback from the casual / not competitive players too??? Participating in the feedback program wasn't enough as it seems.
They don't listen to us either dude. We've asked for no radar since launch, done our own testing, had pros polled, and NOW 343i decides to comment. Don't blame anyone in the competitive community, the blame belongs to 343i.

Universal settings hurt everyone, remember that guys.
My response isn't toward MLG players, it is toward someone who says "the radar has no place in Halo". I don't care how MLG operates, but I want casual / Xbox Live Halo 5 to have a radar.
This argument has been made for the past year. Honestly I felt the same way at first but then you know what? I continued to play the game and got used to it, and it works fine. It all adds to the faster pace 343i is trying to implement. Which is fine. Just play the game, get over it. They are even looking into fixing it now so what's the point if even making this post?
If sprinting enemies, especially sprinting towards you.

Showed up at the edge of the radar like vehicles used to.

The radar woudnt need to get bigger.
FORGE PLAY wrote:
If sprinting enemies, especially sprinting towards you.

Showed up at the edge of the radar like vehicles used to.

The radar woudnt need to get bigger.
Not a bad idea. Truth is though that Halo 5 is the fastest Halo yet, and should have a larger motion tracker to compensate. If they moved it to 25m, and then added what you bring up I think it would be ideal. Competitive can go to none, or keep the 18m. I don't really care.
You're all wrong:

Spoiler:
Show
You're right.
ChivasUK wrote:
This

thats hilarious. Halo has always had good radar going back to CE. Radar has always been part of halo gameplay. Radar is halo , just like shields is halo. If you don't want to play Halo with radar then you don't want to play Halo, you want to play something else. Overwatch perhaps?
It's funny to know that the real reason for 18m was "helping" new halo players vs more experienced ones, more used to motion tracker.
This was told in a post by some 343 employee, not sure if it was Bravo, Josh Holmes or Quinn.
Anyway, such a dumb thing it's almost impossible to even think.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2