Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Ai Spartans in campaign

OP geckoforfun

I hope the ai for Spartans in campaign changes if they're in halo infinite. I just finished the 2nd Misson on legendary of my first legendary play though of halo 5 and they keep getting stuck on crates when going to revive me. I died twice because of it. They kept standing out in the open aswell and just sponging up damage when there was cover right next to them.
In case you need some pointers, I highly recommend playing the campaign like you would if you had no teammates. As long as you don’t rely on your teammates as you would real-player Spartans, you’ll be fine. Treat them as pure bullet sponges that eventually respawn.

I made the mistake of playing aggressively in the hopes that the AI would cover me and revive me if needed and constantly restarted from checkpoints. I treated the *AI Spartans* like scum and I had a lot more fun with the campaign. Shame that the AI’s programming didn’t live up to the badassery of Spartans from lore. I also hope our allies function better (or more appropriately) in Infinite like they did in the older games.
Yeah, they should be called 'Artificial Stupidity' (or maybe even Real Stupidity).

I found that they got in my way more often than actually helped (other than as stated already, bullet sponges).
They very rarely did as told when commanded, which would have made them more useful.
lol... I used them as a distraction. Direct them somewhere to get the enemies attention and go in for the kill. They were very helpful on The Breaking getting the Prison Break achievement. Prison Break using AI.
BadDogg55 wrote:
lol... I used them as a distraction. Direct them somewhere to get the enemies attention and go in for the kill. They were very helpful on The Breaking getting the Prison Break achievement. Prison Break using AI.
Nicely done, looks like they're not *completely^ worthless.
vengeant wrote:
BadDogg55 wrote:
Nicely done, looks like they're not *completely^ worthless.
Took me about 3 times to get it. I would lose track of how many times the AI would damage the Warden. They have to die at the same time so I tried to keep an eye on what the AI were doing on right corner of the screen.