Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I've got mixed feelings with the aiming. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is that I'm struggling with.

However, I still do well with the sniper - if I get it. But in other ways, I'm missing shots I would have successfully pulled off in previous games. I don't think it's down to the lower aim assist, I can cope with that. But it's a speed thing. I always play console FPS on a high sensitivity. I've raised mine to 10 and it still feels too slow. I also have problems turning 180 degrees quick enough to react to dangers behind me, which is the most worrying issue I experience.

Given the speed of combat, the speed of the Spartans you face against, I feel at a disadvantage at times just because I seem sluggish in turning speed. It's like others have referenced here, it doesn't always seem to happen. Sometimes it feels more fluid and other times, it's off-putting.

For me, I enjoyed the way the game was setup in the beta. Now, I'm struggling to enjoy it as much. I'm not a giver-upper so I'll plug on with and at some point when I eventually adapt, I'm sure I'll be saying I love it. At least I hope so :)
Nope.
My only issue with the aiming is that I've had to increase my sensitivity higher than I usually do in a Halo game. It also feels weird to ADS with a BR, then quick scope with a sniper. This is all stuff I can adapt to, though.
something is wrong with aiming and it has nothing to do with aim assist. I can notice the difficulties even when im not aiming at an opponent. it just doesn't feel smooth or halo like at all, it feels very unnatural. Its hard to describe but having played all halos and the halo 5 beta, something with aiming and sensitivity has changed from the beta until now. I had no complaints during the beta, and actually ive had more fun in the beta compared to now.
Aiming is pretty bad, the huge deadzones remove alot of the precision you normally have in other halos. Im sure I will adapt and learn to work around the limitations, but the aiming will never feel as good as if they just patched it and made the deadzones smaller.

They had to have known they had these huge deadzones, given their focus on competitive and e-sports. Im hoping the reason they left them in is because when the windows 10 update hits and we get the ability to remap buttons, we will also have the ability to adjust the deadzones... and hopefully not just for the elite controller.
It felt like a struggle to get it to move at first, even at 10. It felt floaty and slow. But I've gotten used to it and I hope they leave it alone. At this point, we're going to get used to it soon. I know I have. If they do anything about it, it'll throw me off. It was frustrating enough at first.

Edit: I noticed a post above me mentioning the Win 10 update and its button mapping functions. For anyone wondering, as of now, non-elite controllers only have button mapping. There is no sort of tuning for anything else. I wouldn't expect it to change since these controllers weren't built for it, but there's always a chance.
The stick control is broken, I just tried again and I just made this video to show.

The sensitivity is set to 7 (I have tried other levels, all the same).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8hvD6coUYg

First I hold the right stick all the way left, then all the way right, just look at the difference in speed I aim left then right!

Its totally BROKEN!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2