Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

am i griffballing wrong?

OP CBngVegas

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
so i really love griffball, but the only thing i ever try to do is break the world record for kills.....when i first started playing it i imagined that the devs initially thought they were creating a pretty cool bball style game mode, but it devolved in to madness so quickly that its original intent was drowned in an ocean of spartan blood. of course, ive seen people trying hard to win or whatever, but i always thought that they were just missing the point, and they would realize it when they saw all my medals...but now im not so sure....am i the jerk? have i been wrong all this time?
Spawn kill until your team wins its a fun playlist
thank god....i thought i was the only one
It's a good fun playlist to get your KD up and have fun but can also be annoying if you're trying to win. If you enjoy it, do it!
CBngVegas wrote:
Its kinda like swat lol
CBngVegas wrote:
Its kinda like swat lol
i play swat....it is not like grifball
CBngVegas wrote:
Its kinda like swat lol
i play
CBngVegas wrote:
Its kinda like swat lol
The fast pace spawn kills and a lot of multi kills but if i need to say all of that we might not play at the same skill level
CBngVegas wrote:
Its kinda like swat lol
i kinda see that...i dont know if you were around when the swat first went up but they had the respawn timer on one second so you could literally get an overkill from one guy! which was cool if you were the shooter i guess but it was broke as -Yoink- for a week or so
CBngVegas wrote:
CBngVegas wrote:
Its kinda like swat lol
i kinda see that...i dont know if you were around when the swat first went up but they had the respawn timer on one second so you could literally get an overkill from one guy! which was cool if you were the shooter i guess but it was broke as -Yoink- for a week or so
I have played halo 5 from day one
CBngVegas wrote:
Its kinda like swat lol
i play
CBngVegas wrote:
Its kinda like swat lol
The fast pace spawn kills and a lot of multi kills but if i need to say all of that we might not play at the same skill level
uh yeh prolly not at the same level hahah i saw those stats mr champion....if you ever want drag a dead body around behind you in a swat lets party up
CBngVegas wrote:
so i really love griffball, but the only thing i ever try to do is break the world record for kills.....when i first started playing it i imagined that the devs initially thought they were creating a pretty cool bball style game mode, but it devolved in to madness so quickly that its original intent was drowned in an ocean of spartan blood. of course, ive seen people trying hard to win or whatever, but i always thought that they were just missing the point, and they would realize it when they saw all my medals...but now im not so sure....am i the jerk? have i been wrong all this time?
Getting 100 kills is one thing—spawn trapping is another. The former is fun. The latter is unsportsmanlike and I report all who do it. Stand out front of the spawns and take on all comers if you have the skill. Spawn trapping is like T-ball.
Honestly if your only goal is to spawn kill in griffball then yeah you are kinda the jerk....however spawnkilling is a legit tactic to help your team score IMO. There have always been thinks that can make you kinda a jerk in Halo.... I know I am being kinda a jerk when I camp a transporter holding a shotgun so right when they come through it's shotgun to the face.... But hey camping can be a legit strategy 🙂
Zmoolah wrote:
CBngVegas wrote:
Getting 100 kills is one thing—spawn trapping is another. The former is fun. The latter is unsportsmanlike and I report all who do it. Stand out front of the spawns and take on all comers if you have the skill. Spawn trapping is like T-ball.
honestly to actually be able to trap a spawn in griffball for any meaningfull amount of time is rare for me, even when thats what im going for....othher modes tho i agree that stuff sucks
LethalQ wrote:
Honestly if your only goal is to spawn kill in griffball then yeah you are kinda the jerk....however spawnkilling is a legit tactic to help your team score IMO. There have always been thinks that can make you kinda a jerk in Halo.... I know I am being kinda a jerk when I camp a transporter holding a shotgun so right when they come through it's shotgun to the face.... But hey camping can be a legit strategy 🙂
well the art of the spawn trap in griffball isnt quite the same as camping; you have to be constantly running to the active side and watching for spawning from the rear etc... as far as actual camping, like the teleporter surprise you mentioned, if you are playing against someone of any moderate amount of skill you wont last long. each kill you get at a campsite makes your position instantly known, and even the slowest player can figure out to quit trying to push a spot after dying there two or three times in a row. though i have been guilty of a camp or two on occasion, i usually find it much to boring, and that it rarely pays dividends, while killing campers is usually pretty easy and waay more satisfying. its one thing to hold a position or not be overly aggressive, but outright camping...good luck with that
I saw a couple people with a 400 thousand K/D in Grifball before. Something tells me they weren't trying to win games.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I saw a couple people with a 400 thousand K/D in Grifball before. Something tells me they weren't trying to win games.
what? wow now i feel like a jack-Yoink- for being worried about it at all....looks like i have to set my sights higher.....i need to seek out these griffball gods.....
I like playing it for the ball and the score. Spawn trapping sucks if you use it for no purpose. I don't mind being killed mindlessly if youre trying to score too. A trusty energy sword is my go to counter and I'm normally successful. But if you spawntrap for more than 30 seconds I get annoyed. Just score the ball hop off my spawn and lets go for round #2
I play griffball until I get to the enemy side. Then I play whack-a-mole.

but there’s so many things In h5 i would rather do than griffball.
I play griffball until I get to the enemy side. Then I play whack-a-mole.

but there’s so many things In h5 i would rather do than griffball.
yeh i dont play it that much really, but occasionally ill binge it.
CBngVegas wrote:
CBngVegas wrote:
Its kinda like swat lol
i play
CBngVegas wrote:
Its kinda like swat lol
uh yeh prolly not at the same level hahah i saw those stats mr champion....if you ever want drag a dead body around behind you in a swat lets party up
Yah ill play with you some time i have a ton of accounts the mmr balacner kinda punishes people who play with me because if you cant get 20 kills or more a game you wont rank up at all and if we lose you drop 30 csr a game
<p></p>
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2