Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Am I one of the worst Halo players of all time?

OP NegativeEnd0090

I can't help but feel that I am judging from the last few matches that I had. I don't know how many of you have had a match with me or been on the same team as I am that might know how bad I did.
If you keep thinking that about yourself, then you'll be.

Just bad days mate, we all have bad days.
There will always be worse. There will always be better. The objective is to have fun.
I've asked myself this a lot at times. I used to be really good and go 20-0 or 20-7 sometimes, but then I noticed my skill dwindle rapidly in the past month. I would get so mad and rage quit not knowing why I was sucking so bad. Turns out it was all in my head. I was having low confidence in my self therefore I lost a lot. Don't drag urself down, pull urself up and stand on the throat of your fallen enemies and guzzle their blood for breakfast.

We all have bad days, just believe in yourself and make the world bend to your will.

Ps.
Don't forget the stock of the sacrificial lamb...
I've asked myself this a lot at times. I used to be really good and go 20-0 or 20-7 sometimes, but then I noticed my skill dwindle rapidly in the past month. I would get so mad and rage quit not knowing why I was sucking so bad. Turns out it was all in my head. I was having low confidence in my self therefore I lost a lot. Don't drag urself down, pull urself up and stand on the throat of your fallen enemies and guzzle their blood for breakfast.

We all have bad days, just believe in yourself and make the world bend to your will.

Ps.
Don't forget the stock of the sacrificial lamb...
If you want to get better, I recomend watching LukeTheNotable and Proximity on youtube. ;) Good luck.
No there just your down times which I'm also going through as of now and taking a break. I recommend you to watch Luke TheNotable tips to back on your game.
Then what do you call getting killed constantly, not having enough score, my team being way behind of the enemy team, and losing 3-5 games in a row? There was one mode in superfiesta where I had only 4 kills, 19 deaths, and KDA 0f -13.7. And there was another mode with 2 kills and 11 deaths. Do you know what I call that? PATHETIC! And that's how I'm doing right now. And Shotty Snipers is another mode I'm doing terrible at. I'm not even steady with a sniper rifle. Everytime I try to shoot at someone and kill them, I'm the one who ends up being shot and killed instead. I think I heard some guy with the mic saying how bad I was in some of those modes, And I think there are others who think so too. It's like I said about me playing in multiplayer mode; Weak! Pathetic! Not even good enough to compete!
I can't help but feel that I am judging from the last few matches that I had. I don't know how many of you have had a match with me or been on the same team as I am that might know how bad I did.
1 month after halo 5 was out i felt like i was bad at every thing from killing players to bosses. I was thinking i had a negative K/D, so i looked i had a 2.01 kills per death.
So seeing that helped me out a lot, even if i lost i never thought bad of myself. I then started to watch Pingy and Spliced, after seeing them I found out when i had bad games or heart breaks like getting killed after a 10 kill streak was nothing to the bad games they have had. So in the end never think bad of yourself look forward not back,
the more you play the better you get and more confidence you get. so keep on playing good Sir
You can't be any worse than me. Cheer up!
We all have bad days on halo. Even the best players I know of. Have yourself a bunch of fun.
I'm not stat flaming here. But I just checked your stats and there is one thing that jumps out at me.

Your BR shot. Currently you sit at a 27% accuracy, pistol is a little low too. I have a less than average shot and I'm usually somewhere around 42% with my BR. A really good shooter will sit at around 50%.

Its a weakness I would address. Clearly you know how to shoot because with a carbine your at a mid 40% accuracy. I would just get that pistol and br shoot accuracy up.

In halo accuracy isn't the be all end all. Positioning and playing for your teammates are more important. But when you get into those 1v1 fights you want to be winning half of them. Don't stress out if you don't, youre only at a day played total in MP. A lot of the guys you are playing against have over a month.

One thing that helped me drastically improve my shot (I used to be at 25%) is to snap my reticle onto the player with the right stick, then use your strafe to aim with very minor adjustments from the right stick, and use the auto aim to your advantage. Otherwise your fighting against it and your reticle gets dragged all I've the place.

Good luck, and no you are not that bad at halo. There is always someone much better and much worse.
Maybe it's a sensitivity problem? To this day I still tweak with my sensitivity settings [Sensitivity, Aim Acceleration, Inner & Outer dead-zone] and I haven't found the perfect combo. Halo 4 seemed to do it better, just pick and go. I can easily go back to Halo 4 and do fine, but in Halo 5 it's completely different.
Here's some tips if ur having problems getting kills and aiming:

1: Don't be a lone wolf. All great teams stick together and fight together. Unless you are sniping and/or playing team anchor, stick with your buddies!

2: Watch your map! A lot of people get ambushed because they weren't paying attention to the radar.

3: Forget your health! If you get shot first don't run away! in the time it takes to turn around and run, you've already left yourself open for a kill. Stand your ground. 50% of the time you can come out of it alive if you fight back.

4: Be unpredictable. If you have to, zig zag when your being shot at. If the enemy can predict your moves than you're already dead. boost left, strafe right, boost left again, etc. just don't forget to shoot back!

5: Know your playstyle! Are you a close quarters fighter or do you prefer medium to long range? CQC: look sensitivity of 5 or higher. Long range: Anywhere from 1-4 sensitivity. Try to avoid from keeping your sensitivity at 1.

(My personal tip for headshots is always carry your reticle at head level. once you get the feel for this it will become second nature to you. Don't get mad, it takes time. The best playlist to practice this is swat.)
We all have terrible days. We even had days where we are a golden God and still lose. Just take it in stride and move on. Keep the press
Don't think that you are. Just keep believing that you can do better. Practice is everything, I mean they did fix aim and whatnot so you might be a little rusty.
There will always be worse. There will always be better. The objective is to have fun.
But someone has to be the worst. And that's like an achievement or something. It could really be something to work for.