Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Am I the only one that misses the Actual firefight

OP II Nitzu II

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I spent so many hours of fun on odst firefight, but I prefer warzone firefight. It's just on another level with all the vehicles.
I don't get some gamers.... if you miss the old stuff go play the old stuff... no two Halo games are alike. They all had changes to game play and mechanics. Sorry you don't like this version of firefight but it's not like there is no way to play the old versions. They are still supported so nothing stopping you.
ODST, Reach and 5 Firefight play completely different in almost every way, there is no true Firefight only what you prefer. All Warzone Firefight needs is just custom game options like we had in reach.
I would like to see them add a Firefight mode like from ODST where it doesn't end until all your lives are gone. I do enjoy this new Warzone FF though. :-)
I've played all iterations and WZFF is fun. Being able to use all these vehicles, warthogs bouncing and tearing around, banshee's laying down fire. Feels like a Halo Wars battle at times and that's great.
I miss the original Firefight experience too. Would've loved to see "Firefight Classic" alongside WZFF.
I want waves of progressively harder AI to fight with limited lives.
I don't want to catch a bus between rounds to find them.
No wonder they didn't add ODST FF to MCC, they probably knew it would take a chunk of the WZFF players because it's so much better haha.
Never played ODST firefight but I liked reach!
ODST firefight was best firefight.
LethalQ wrote:
I don't get some gamers.... if you miss the old stuff go play the old stuff... no two Halo games are alike. They all had changes to game play and mechanics. Sorry you don't like this version of firefight but it's not like there is no way to play the old versions. They are still supported so nothing stopping you.
I occasionally go back and play ODST and Reach firefight. What exactly are you trying to argue? We can't have a revival of a classic game mode in a newer medium? I don't understand your type. It's almost like you don't want as many people as possible to enjoy the game. Having both versions of firefight(Warzone and classic) in Halo 5 would do nothing to harm the players, or 343I.
it shouldn't even have the term firefight in it. Firefight was about survival. Wave after wave of enemies, testing your wit and your skill. This is just a cluster -Yoink- of overly powerful enemies that one-hit you the second you are in their sight, with 80%-90% accuracy. There is no survival in warzone firefight. It should be called something other than firefight. Warzone PvE. Warzone A.I. Not firefight
For you, firefight meant survival. For others, firefight meant PvP mp, so the name is justified. Also, it's a lot easier to market firefight than "PvE warzone."
What are you smoking? Firefight was never, nor is, PvP(excluding the elite vs Spartan mode that never really showed up in MM). And yes, ODST FF, and H:R FF were both marketed as survival. It's not subjective. It was survival for everyone that played it seriously. And sure, it's easier to market that, but yet again, another deceptive marketing tactic by 343I.
I meant PvE.
Such edit, much wow.
You do realize survival and PvE multiplayer are one and the same right? Really mate, "what are you smoking" is an excellent question.
No they are not. Survival is a branch of PvE multiplayer. Also, he already commented, so it would've been pointless to edit.
ODST FF was good, but I prefer the casual fun REACH FF
it shouldn't even have the term firefight in it. Firefight was about survival. Wave after wave of enemies, testing your wit and your skill. This is just a cluster -Yoink- of overly powerful enemies that one-hit you the second you are in their sight, with 80%-90% accuracy. There is no survival in warzone firefight. It should be called something other than firefight. Warzone PvE. Warzone A.I. Not firefight
For you, firefight meant survival. For others, firefight meant PvP mp, so the name is justified. Also, it's a lot easier to market firefight than "PvE warzone."
What are you smoking? Firefight was never, nor is, PvP(excluding the elite vs Spartan mode that never really showed up in MM). And yes, ODST FF, and H:R FF were both marketed as survival. It's not subjective. It was survival for everyone that played it seriously. And sure, it's easier to market that, but yet again, another deceptive marketing tactic by 343I.
I meant PvE.
Such edit, much wow.
You do realize survival and PvE multiplayer are one and the same right? Really mate, "what are you smoking" is an excellent question.
I think the better question is just how far up your butt is that stick? Arc trooper made the point of saying pve cause slammn et al's entire post was devoted to capitalizing on his OBVIOUS typo.

And I can't fathom the reasoning behind your reply other than trolling in the most dumbed down possible form.
Lets face it, the only reason 343 included the term firefight in the name of the mode was for marketing reasons. The two modes share little resemblence aside from the fact that they are both PvP.

And I agree with you wholeheartedly OP
How is WZFF PvP? I agree this Firefight is different than the others, but it's fun. With you saying it is PVP, make me think you are only play it to get first place. Who cares? It is object base firefight, get through the round and win. stop getting hanged up on the which place you take. As long as you win great, if you lose that means you and your fellow teammates are playing it wrong.
I meant PvE.
Such edit, much wow.
I think the better question is just how far up your butt is that stick? Arc trooper made the point of saying pve cause slammn et al's entire post was devoted to capitalizing on his OBVIOUS typo.

And I can't fathom the reasoning behind your reply other than trolling in the most dumbed down possible form.
Actually, my post was devoted to pointing out how firefight was marketed, in reference to how it was actually played. It was marketed as a new PvE survival mode, and that's exactly how people played it when playing it seriously. Arc Trooper implied that the game mode served different primary functions, but that wasn't true, as the marketing for ODST FF was aimed towards survival. Arc stated it was for PvE, but ODST FF survival is PvE. So what arc said really made no sense either way.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2