Am I the only who enjoyed the campaign?

OP SoulxFigmentk

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Yeah I definitely enjoyed it. It's not my least favorite Halo campaign (that would be CE just because when I started playing Halo it was already pretty dated but still excellent) but it's also not in my top 3 (2, Reach, and 4). I don't think the narrative (other than the misleading marketing) was too messy, it just seems like it's more of a set up that will make a lot more sense when 6 releases. The walk around and talk to people levels were weird too. And I do have to agree the characters were kind of boring. Those are my main problems with it (none of my friends like Halo so I don't care about split screen). For positives, the level design was excellent. While it's not my favorite story, Halo 5's levels are some of my favorite levels in the franchise, with The Breaking being my favorite in the franchise. Say what you will about the plot but the moment when Cortana gives that speech about how the Created are the rightful inheritors of the Mantle and that classic Halo vocalization/music starts playing while you shoot Prometheans is probably my favorite moment in all of Halo. Also, watching Cortana betray John like that was a heartbreaking and very well done moment to me personally. I get why people say she should have stayed dead and bringing her back ruins 4's ending but for me personally I think it works. And, like many people have said, 5 is one of the top Halo games for multiplayer. Most people say now that 4 had a great story, weak MP and that 5 had great MP, weak story so I have full confidence that 343 can combine the greats of both games, along with the amazing level design, improve upon the walk-and-talk missions so they're actually useful, and knock Halo 6 out of the park.
I love the level design and the gameplay but the plot sucked and the marketing was misleading.
It was fun, the mobility of the new abilities worked great, as did a lot of the new weapons, and fighting alongside Blue Team was the pinnical of my Halo expereince.
Storywise...well I've played a hell of a lot worse but...
THREE MISSIONS?
Ahh whatever. I liked it.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
it had its issues, But I enjoyed the campaign overall
I havn't had the chance to play campaign yet. I'm getting close though. The BREAKOUT 2.0 playlist removal almost put me over the edge. 😖

I've played maybe a level or two on Legendary and I thought it was really boring. Maybe it gets better... But it didn't feel like Halo that I know of. It felt like an arcade game. Or any other game that you run through.

The AI teammates do not do very much to help and, they appear to act very dumb/clumsy. I may be acting like a brat but, I don't like having to choose a person to play. I want to play as the Master Chief!!!

Is that what you guys are talking about when you say 343 misrepresented the game in the advertisments? What exactly did they advertise incorrectly? Because I bought Xbox for the latest Halo no questions asked...AND was happy with the online multiplayer until recently. (BREAKOUT 2.0 removal) Halo 5 is just one big spawnkill.-if your good that is. 😒
the game wasn't horrible ,shouldve just marketed the game as a side story. Introducing new characters,then call the new game HALO 5. Still interesting story.
I've never really played the campaign properly tbh. I just speedrun it when the game came out and when new tricks were found and that's about it. Never noticed the story, nor the level design.
Lucosus wrote:
I've never really played the campaign properly tbh. I just speedrun it when the game came out and when new tricks were found and that's about it. Never noticed the story, nor the level design.
I hadn't played Halo since Halo 2. -So I think maybe I was missing the progression of the story line.

You're right I couldn't follow the story at all. I usually like little details and story twists. BUT I just could not follow what was going on. It felt like I had no time to digest the drama. We were off to push through a warzone of enemies instantly.

I actually don't know what the two Master Chief profile pictures on the game cover design meant..LOL It is some sort of Good Master Chief vs Bad Master Chief. Kind of like Spiderman looking at his evil Venom side... w/e

Humans working with aliens is just so unprecedented. I mean Did we work with them against the FLOOD? I didn't think so. ❤
The only thing I really enjoyed was getting all the achievements, the story is terrible.
I personally enjoyed the H5 campaign! Still do! It doesn't stand out in any particular way. But it builds on the big problems we'll have to deal with in H6. It's gonna be an emotional rollercoaster though lol.
I enjoyed the campaign!!! I hope that the next installment feels like Halo 3. The soundtrack during Halo 3's campaign was beautiful!!
I think the Halo 5 campaign level design and gameplay was generally well-received by the community. The story and lack of split-screen is what most seem to dislike.

I personally thought the missions flowed well and the Sanghelios missions looked gorgeous. Not a fan of Halo 5's Forerunner aesthetics so all of the Kamchatka and Genesis (and one Meridian section) missions take a hit in that area. Gameplay feels solid (in the campaign, at least. My opinion is different in regards to multiplayer).
Story, split screen, and the god-awful AI of your Spartan team mates when playing solo campaign.
I don't know how many times I died with one or even two of them standing right beside me - even after 'calling for help'.
ZagReAt0Ne wrote:
Lucosus wrote:
I hadn't played Halo since Halo 2. -So I think maybe I was missing the progression of the story line.
You've missed out on a lot. Though most of it isn't particularly relevant to Halo 5 because it just sorta tossed out most existing plot threads.
Quote:
I actually don't know what the two Master Chief profile pictures on the game cover design meant..LOL It is some sort of Good Master Chief vs Bad Master Chief. Kind of like Spiderman looking at his evil Venom side... w/e
In a way, sort of. It's meant to represent conflict between Chief and Spartan Locke as depicted in Halo 5's ad campaign, which... was barely present in the final game.
Quote:
Humans working with aliens is just so unprecedented. I mean Did we work with them against the FLOOD? I didn't think so. ❤
Human-Sangheili cooperation is actually not without precedent. That said, you'd have missed that precedent with Halo 3, as that was where the human-Elite alliance was properly introduced. So we did work with them against the Brute-led Covenant as well as the Flood.
I also enjoyed the campaign, I felt as far as level design and gameplay it might be my favorite in the series. My main complaints with the campaign were the very little amount of time with blue team and feeling like you were playing the B story most of the game with osiris. Just to clarify I didnt hate osiris or their story ark I actually liked it, it just felt non-rewarding to make very little progress on the cortana and created front of the story when that seemed to be the main story element.
It played nice enough and the levels on Sanghelios and Argent Moon were solid enough.

That story was a massive trainwreck though.
I loved the campaign and had a blast completing it on legendary difficulty
I think you could enjoy halo 5 in the same way you could enjoy Spyro enter the dragonfly or Crash mind over mutant or Banjo Kazooie nuts 'n' bolts. It's playable but when it's compared to the brand name it comes from, it's woefully poor.

Imo the AI is so dead and lifeless compared to old games, the level layouts are monotonous, warden eternal isn't fun, everything that isn't Sanghelios looks bland, the story is a mess, AI teammates are dumb, cinematics lack punch, the vehicles are implemented poorly, Prometheans are still an awful concept. Compared to other Halo campaigns it's a 2/10 for me; maybe a 1/10, even compared to other shooter campaigns though i still don't think i could give it a 5/10.
I also liked the campaign
The story was okay, but it becomes more difficult to appreciate on a legendary due to the frustation of all the warden fights, which always seem to teeter more towards frustrating than fun. There's also the reliance on squad-based gameplay with AI that don't seem all that equipped to handle situations effectively, especially reviving you. All these make the overall experience much worse in a playthrough, regardless of narrative quality
I really appreciated the level design, and enjoyed playing through the missions, but the story that we have attached to said missions is lackluster, which unfortunately drags the campaign down, and doesn't leave me with wanting to go back to it as often. They basically ruined the emotional impact and outcome of Halo 4's ending, and slapped in a really bad cliché of a machine uprising, and throwing Cortana at the helm. I'll still play through the campaign again at some point like I would any Halo game, but I know it won't be nearly as often as the previous game's campaigns.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4