OP SoulxFigmentk

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
No, not the only one

For me, I really enjoyed the campaign for what it was! Good gameplay, liked the level design, Warden was a bit of an annoyance by the 3rd time(at the very least each time you fought him was different so not too terrible) plus the game is just gorgeous!

Now in terms of halo campaigns, it' lower on my list. Its not dead last, probably 2nd to last. For me my least favorite overall is odst.

Still, it's not a perfect campaign.
No, not the only one

For me, I really enjoyed the campaign for what it was! Good gameplay, liked the level design, Warden was a bit of an annoyance by the 3rd time(at the very least each time you fought him was different so not too terrible) plus the game is just gorgeous!

Now in terms of halo campaigns, it' lower on my list. Its not dead last, probably 2nd to last. For me my least favorite overall is odst.

Whaaaaaat? C’mon, ODST was a really fun campaign, especially if you found the audio logs...
No, not the only one

Whaaaaaat? C’mon, ODST was a really fun campaign, especially if you found the audio logs...
I' not saying any ODST is a BAD campaign. Its my least faborite, and I feel 3 was the overall best objectively. Its preferance.
If I ranked my favorite from most to least it' the following
2 , REACH, 1, 3, 4, 5, ODST

despite that I think odst actually had a BETTER story than both 4 and 5, and objectively I feel I was a better campaign then 4 and 5. Its just to me it' just me least favorite of the campaigns.
No, not the only one

I' not saying any ODST is a BAD campaign. Its my least faborite, and I feel 3 was the overall best objectively. Its preferance.

despite that I think odst actually had a BETTER story than both 4 and 5, and objectively I feel I was a better campaign then 4 and 5. Its just to me it' just me least favorite of the campaigns.
At least we can agree that 2’s story was a work of art.
No, not the only one

At least we can agree that 2’s story was a work of art.
Agreed :D

It' in my top 3 favorite games ever. Only other games to have that are the last of us and sonic 2
i liked it but i found it a bit lack luster
I personally enjoyed the H5 campaign! Still do! It doesn't stand out in any particular way. But it builds on the big problems we'll have to deal with in H6. It's gonna be an emotional rollercoaster though lol.
I do feel like it's setting up for Halo 6. I'm not sure how they'll reintroduce the enemies, or make new enemies. Introducing new enemies is the most difficult part of making Halo games. How do you reinvent enemies that's been done so many times? When Cortana called for the pledge of the AI, I wonder how many different species that will join Cortana's crusade. We'll see. Maybe it's Halo 5.5?
No, not the only one

I enjoyed ODST waaaay more than Halo 3. And agreed! Halo 2 is a masterpiece.
I loved the campaign! It is probably the second best campaign (constantly changing, but currently next to Reach's) Halo campaign, maybe even second best video game campaign all around. It utilises the new movement abilities well, and my only three criticisms were the absence of split screen, how fun it would be if I played through some of the cut-scenes (e.g fighting the Chief, killing Jul) and Osiris's story and script (Blue Team's well utilised the sudden shift in Cortana's personality).
I've been playing Halo 5 for the past two weeks. I decide to play the campaign again to see how well it plays. I found myself enjoying the campaign, actually a lot more than I first played Halo 5. I went on a Legendary run, and I managed to beat it. To my surprise, I was one of the very few players who achieved the Legendary completion. I understand why Halo 5 players thought this story was the weakest in the series. But there were no comments on the campaign levels. I really enjoyed Blue Team, Sword of Sanghelios, Enemy Lines, Battle of Sunion, Evacuation, and Guardians. Those levels were awesome! Halo 5 really had replayable levels. With the score attack and skulls, it changes the way the game behaves. I put up Catch Skull on Osiris, and I got spam naded by the soldiers. I thought that was hilarious when they were grenading me more than shooting at me. That was fun.

After playing Halo 5 on Legendary, I decided to find the skulls and the intels. I found a lot of secrets I haven't seen before. I found many ways to get around, and I discovered special power weapons. Finding those weapons on my own was really rewarding, and they helped me beat Halo 5 on Legendary. I really enjoyed exploring the levels. The Halo 5 developers really put a lot of details in the game. I appreciated that. I also pursued achievements, and those were fun to get. I decided to play it on Easy, and it was so much fun! It was easy to kill the enemies and run through the game without worrying about getting killed by the Covenant and Prometheans. Overall, I really had a positive experience playing Halo 5.

My critique of the game is in the spoilers if you're curious. Am I the only one who really enjoyed the campaign? I can't be the only one. Even though, the achievements I got were mostly rare due to the lack of players achieving them. Most achievements were labeled diamond because most players never bothered. But there were players who kept playing! I'm looking for those who played a lot of the campaign.
Spoiler:
Show
I'm sure you aren't the only one, but there are not many of you.
The question is what other Halo campaigns you've played? Not that you aren't allowed to have an opinion if you haven't played them all. You're certainly allowed to enjoy the game.
But if you enjoyed Halo 5, I wanna know what you'll think of Halo 2 or Halo 3 when you play it :)
Yes.
You’re entitled to your opinion, but don’t project it as shared by all others. That’s just objectively incorrect.
Yes.
You’re entitled to your opinion, but don’t project it as shared by all others. That’s just objectively incorrect.
I dont recall i ever did? I simply answered the question directly for myself. I feel your response was uneeded. But im not going to get into with someone on these forums.Its pointless So yes, you are right, how dare i say yes. My apologies.

But feel free to run a waypoint poll on who enjoyed the campaign as a whole vs. who didnt. IM sure youll find my “objectivley incorrect” response is more accurate then you may think... Numbers dont lie (:
Honestly, I rather like the campaign. The advertisements were a bit misleading. Unless 343 is pulling the ultimate troll on us and those were meant for Halo 6 lol.

But yeah, I enjoyed it.
Yes.
I dont recall i ever did? I simply answered the question directly for myself. I feel your response was uneeded. But im not going to get into with someone on these forums.Its pointless So yes, you are right, how dare i say yes. My apologies.

But feel free to run a waypoint poll on who enjoyed the campaign as a whole vs. who didnt. IM sure youll find my “objectivley incorrect” response is more accurate then you may think... Numbers dont lie (:
Your response can’t be more accurate. When I say that, I don’t imply that your response was accurate. What I’m saying is that your reply was black and white, it can’t be more accurate. It’s either they’re the only one who enjoyed the campaign (which was plainly your response) or there are others who enjoyed it too. This thread by itself disproves your statement (or more accurately, word). There are others who enjoyed the campaign.

I’m sorry for this tedious rabbit hole I’ve gotten us into. I’m just as big a fan of semantics as you are of passive-aggressiveness. I also happen to be a big fan of irony.
Yes.

Your response can’t be more accurate. When I say that, I don’t imply that your response was accurate. What I’m saying is that your reply was black and white, it can’t be more accurate. It’s either they’re the only one who enjoyed the campaign (which was plainly your response) or there are others who enjoyed it too. This thread by itself disproves your statement (or more accurately, word). There are others who enjoyed the campaign.

I’m sorry for this tedious rabbit hole I’ve gotten us into. I’m just as big a fan of semantics as you are of passive-aggressiveness. I also happen to be a big fan of irony.
My response was suppose to be short, vague & to the point. I only speak for me, myself, & I. I certainly didnt mean to start a debacle over a simple ‘yes’ response.

If people thought it was the best campaign ever, great! Thats awesome. But for me, someone who has played all campaigns, loves achievement hunting, and split screen... this one was meh at best imo. But im not here to debate the pros & cons of H5, at this point it would just be redundant. & im sure there are multiple threads that have had this exact agruement back & forth with nothing to be gained or lost. Only can hope H6 can thrive on what H5 may or may not have done well... Thats not up to me to decide
l Masko l wrote:
I'm sure you aren't the only one, but there are not many of you.
The question is what other Halo campaigns you've played? Not that you aren't allowed to have an opinion if you haven't played them all. You're certainly allowed to enjoy the game.
But if you enjoyed Halo 5, I wanna know what you'll think of Halo 2 or Halo 3 when you play it :)
Yeah, I've played every Halo campaigns outside of Halo Wars (Halo Wars 1 very briefly. I'm not great with real time strategies). I started at Halo: CE, so I've witnessed many changes.
I loved Halo 2, and would rank Halo 2 at the top for overall experience. The story was pretty good, and the campaign levels were long and beautiful. The story was coherent throughout. I enjoyed Halo 2 more than Halo 5. I loved how difficult it was. It was soooo hard on Legendary, but so good. The remastered campaign looks phenomenal.

Halo 3 was a step down in campaign experience, but it made up for a great multiplayer experience, probably the best multiplayer experience. Halo 3 campaign was kinda boring. Sometimes, campaign tells me go there, but the mission isn't clear. The graphics were ugly on the soldiers. I don't know why. The Brutes were dumb and disappointing enemies. They were a step from Halo 2 Brutes. Miranda Keyes and Sergeant Johnson died in an anti-climatic way. I have no idea why Miranda flew into the Forerunner building when Master Chief was actually handling it just fine. Then she died. I was like, "What?" It felt like the writer wanted nothing to do with Miranda after showing her how cool she was. Sergeant Johnson's death was pathetic. If he had to die, I'd make an effort to make him go out with a bang. 343 Guilty Spark just made a PEW at Johnson, and that was it. I understand that 343 is powerful, but still. I liked some levels like the Ark level and the final level. Two great things about Halo 3 are that it ended great and had beautiful levels. I would put Halo 3 as the least favorite campaign.

I probably get hate for this, but I don't care.
1) Too much Warden Eternal Boss fights. Did 343i lack the budget to be more creative with bosses in Halo 5? Even Mario Bro on the original NES gave us a different boss fight each stage.
2) AI teammates where terrible and dumbfounded, slow to respond to engagements always diying when i needed first aid.
3) Enemies seemed like mannequins (display dummies), they did not show response while shooting at them and just fell to the ground when they died with no sense of anguish.
4) I was expecting much better graphics in this next gen console but we pretty much got a downgrade in multiplayer maps and campaign graphics similar to xbox 360 halo 4.
5) halo 5 soundtrack is -Yoinked!-!
6) Textbook COD storyline. throughout all the history of the entire world, Cod has had the worst storylines in video games ever; when previous Halo games had the best storylines GOAT. Why the -Yoink- did halo5 use COD employees to write their story?!?
7) The beloved Cortana is now an enemy?!?!!!!! And, Microsoft uses our Cortana to work as a Siri impersonator?!? that is like very similar to sending her to hell to work for the scary one down there.
8) Locke is a good character in his own right, I have no problem with him but seriously I think Halo 5 has lost the right to use Master Chief in this game because he has like only a cameo appearance in Halo5
9) Emotionless dialogue
10) forgettable ending and no replay value in this game
I thought the same.
I loved the gameplay, but the story was lacking in, well, story. It was very hit-n-miss, either you loved it or you hated it. Personally I feel it had a LOT of missed potential to the point where it felt like it was sewed together out of random ideas that popped into the developers head. Lets just hope the next game has a better story and a good conclusion, cause lets face it, cliff hangers are so Halo 2.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4