Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

An Ode to the Dearly Departed Arclight

OP AttorneyAtLife

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Wait, they're not removing it, are they? I have about 200 saved . . .
NMAurora wrote:
Wait they patched it?
Just disabled from Warzone, not removed (thankfully) until the big November patch.
You can't take it out in warzone? What about firefight?
Flying flag at half mast...
Seems that everyone misses arclight-but not me! I'm glad it's gone! Now me and my banshee has one less thing to worry about! :D
There is a blank space in our Reqs
A gun that with our heart connects:
Oh sweet sweet Arclight, level 5,
How grandly did you clear the sky!
When set upon by banshee bomb,
We wielded you with much aplomb.
But now someone we shall not flame
Has misused you to glitch the game,
So they took you from us early
Leaving us surprised and surly.
With other Reqs we try to shoot,
Yet for you there's no substitute.
But in November you return
And, 'til then, in our hearts shall burn.
Well played, sir. Well played.

Oh, Arclight, we shall await your grandiose return with bated breath and heavy hearts. But once you cometh back to us, we shall rejoice! With our hearts aflutter and sights to the sky, we shall defeat thy evildoers with much haste!
Woah woah woah, it was removed? How could they do this to us?
Spoiler:
Show
NMAurora wrote:
You can't take it out in warzone? What about firefight?
Disabled in WZ, Assault, and Firefight. Not understanding why it was disabled in Firefight as there's no core to glitch, but maybe it was a developer-side convenience.
Well played, sir. Well played.

Oh, Arclight, we shall await your grandiose return with bated breath and heavy hearts. But once you cometh back to us, we shall rejoice! With our hearts aflutter and sights to the sky, we shall defeat thy evildoers with much haste!
Beautiful! Truly, in loss there is yet hope.
Limeshake wrote:
Woah woah woah, it was removed? How could they do this to us?
Spoiler:
Show
A very small number of players were exploiting a very major glitch using the Arclight to access the opponents' shielded home base and destroy the sealed core. It was narrowly used but was essentially game-breaking, so they called a [long] timeout on the weapon.
When was it taken out and why?
Mr Vacha wrote:
I'll edit my OP to include the link to the official announcement. In short, a very small number of players were exploiting a very major glitch using the Arclight to access the opponents' shielded home base and destroy the sealed core. It was narrowly used but was essentially game-breaking, so they called a [long] timeout on the weapon.
Mr Vacha wrote:
I'll edit my OP to include the link to the official announcement. In short, a very small number of players were exploiting a very major glitch using the Arclight to access the opponents' shielded home base and destroy the sealed core. It was narrowly used but was essentially game-breaking, so they called a [long] timeout on the weapon.
Makes sense. Sad to see it go though. Couldn't they have just fixed the exploit?
Mr Vacha wrote:
Mr Vacha wrote:
Makes sense. Sad to see it go though. Couldn't they have just fixed the exploit?
I wish that too, but they said that it wasn't fixable server-side, which means that the fix has to be issued in an actual patch sent to consoles, which is much more intensive and apparently did not make sense for them to do until the big November patch.
ske7ch never really told us what was so bad about the Arclight, so I'm gonna ask.

What's wrong with me precious Ark-light?!
ske7ch never really told us what was so bad about the Arclight, so I'm gonna ask.

What's wrong with me precious Ark-light?!
I just looked it up on youtube. Apparently, even if the core was locked down, and say you got caught in there after the other team controlled any other armories/garages, an Arclight could blow up a locked core up in 4 shots from what looks like the side window. Yes, there's more nefarious things that could be said, but I figured this was the most PC way to explain it without giving our mods a coronary, and everyone will still get the gist. Funny, but cheesy as Hell and game-breaking.

And if you're a mod and gave you a coronary: Sorry.
Thanks for the info, that's really interesting.

I'm not a mod, and I have no idea what a coronary is anyway.
Thanks for the info, that's really interesting.

I'm not a mod, and I have no idea what a coronary is anyway.
Heart attack.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3