Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Any other Lone Wolves out there?

OP rL NoOdLE

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
For pretty much all the time I've played Halo (since the start) I've been a Lone Wolf, meaning that I usually play by myself, no matter the gametype.
While it's true there were many a time I wished i had a friend to help me with a sticky situation, or hop in a vehicle with me. But there's something very satisfying about mixing things up on the battlefield single-handedly, or helping lead your team to victory by yourself. That's not to say I don't welcome help from teammates or don't give it.

The bigger gametypes like BTB and Warzone are the best to solo for me, especially Warzone now. I'll have to toot my own horn here but I can say with certainty there were times my team would never have won without me. I've always enjoyed taking out vehicles (yeah I'm sure I'm hated, but somebody has to do it) especially when nobody else seems to notice they are there. And I love how theres always more than a few ways to tackle a situation like that. After teammates and myself keep getting killed by a vehicle I say to myself, "fine, I'll take care of it". Capturing a flag, delivering a bomb, taking out a pesky camper, taking out a Warzone boss, I've done it all by myself or with the help of teammates, even if i do things solo i'm usually the only one who knows i made a difference.

So idk how many of you play the same, taking matters into your own hands when your team can't keep up or get the job done right. Just the other day on Warzone Assault on Urban, when attacking the garage our spawns were almost entirely across the map, so i ran back to our spawn and our teammates spawned in, rushing the garage and moving us forward. A pretty proud moment for me at least.
I almost always play solo. There's nobody distracting you so your full focus.
I'm a lone wolf but not by choice. Its just hard to find people that play when I play. Which is typically every Friday during the day EST some times Saturday. I have made some buddies to play with but they are not on as often as I am. This is also why I hate it when people say, "Just join a company" . Its not as easy as it is claimed to be. But playing lone wolf I do try to read what my team is doing both in arena and Warzone and try to work with them as much as possible.
I'm a lone wolf but not by choice. Its just hard to find people that play when I play. Which is typically every Friday during the day EST some times Saturday. I have made some buddies to play with but they are not on as often as I am. This is also why I hate it when people say, "Just join a company" . Its not as easy as it is claimed to be. But playing lone wolf I do try to read what my team is doing both in arena and Warzone and try to work with them as much as possible.
See I like people like you that still try to help out your team when alone. I'm not the kind of solo player that will ignore my teammates if they need help or want in a vehicle. I mean sometimes i get really caught up in doing my own thing though :p
I'm not big on Spartan Companies, and I only have two friends who barely play it, so I'm mainly a Solo player. I generally don't mind, but it can be very frustrating if you get paired up with unreliable teammates in Arena/Slayer. Especially the ones who completely ignore the objective! I am in an Achilles Clan, but I never play with them, just help towards grinding for the Helmet.
You aren't alone, I usually try to take out the annoyances especially in warzone or btb because for some reason people tend to ignore the vehicles or people with power weapons, so I take it upon myself to relieve the tens of the burden. Unless it's a Hannibal, I will be halfway across the map trying not to get hit by the sweeping laser. JK but I'll try to emp.
You aren't alone, I usually try to take out the annoyances especially in warzone or btb because for some reason people tend to ignore the vehicles or people with power weapons, so I take it upon myself to relieve the tens of the burden. Unless it's a Hannibal, I will be halfway across the map trying not to get hit by the sweeping laser. JK but I'll try to emp.
Its really annoying when a vehicle just keeps killing teammates over and over, then that satisfaction when you can sneak up behind it or run at it and board it from the front taking it out. That's what being a Spartan is all about!
I am a solo player. Mainly due to my shift work so I am online at different times week from week.
I'm in a company but solo 99% of the time. Partly because of work hours and partly because I'm an older guy and that's just the way I game. Playing solo holds you back a bit in arena but it's better to be under-ranked than over-ranked. Warzone is a blast solo once you let go of the mindset that success=winning the match. For me warzone success is clip worthy moments and lots of kills. A win is always preferable, but you can have fun losing if you had a good game.
I was a lonewolf till I realised teams are better. I still operate alone tho. Like take down a boss myself, defend something etc.
I can say, when you do something by playing solo, and the team wins the game because of that, its awesome!

Best personal example I can give, i was playing Warzone solo. Still trying to help my team win but solo non the less. Anyway it was i think like 870something them and about 790something us, and Warden was on the field almost dead. I died due to him, so when i spawned i sprinted across to him and found he was being assassinated by the enemy team. soooo we lost? Nope, just chucked every grenade i had(2 frags and i THINK a splinter) and got a showstopper and killed warden as well. soooo my team and i just played out the clock and won. xD
Me, but a lot of times it's not by choice.
Yep I'm a lone wolf. Almost all the time. Once in a while I do play with friends though.
I am a Lone Wolf try hard no lifer super pro Grifball player that was top 100 best Grifball player in world at one time who is anti-friends with all player that did everything solo without back up to win the game from Cheater, Booster, Farmer, Teams, Pro, Normal Spartan because no care about me so i just gave up on the halo player who i play with which back stab me more time i can think, all i wanted was friends who love playing halo as much i do without all bs. I can you trust as a Spartan to not back stab me in the back? I wish i had more friends in my friends list who enjoy playing Halo 5.

I didn't choose to be Lone Wolf.......... All i wanted was spartan friends to play with on Halo........... I am a nice good Spartan Lone Wolf that just wanted to have fun playing Halo with other Halo fan.

If you are Lone Wolf like me who enjoy playing Halo 5 add me to your friends list.
I prefer to play alone too, I can never rely on any teammates because they are all busy doing other stuff than the objective.
I don't choose to play alone. Its forced upon me. But I rise to the occasion and place first in firefight almost every time I play.
More or less lone wolf
I was a former lone wolf until I met ToySoldier 33 and ProximatePuma07
JohannDB wrote:
I was a former lone wolf until I met ToySoldier 33 and ProximatePuma07
They'll keep you company until death human. Treat your friends well... if you don't they might hire me to "treat you well"
Most of the times i play solo
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11