Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Any other Lone Wolves out there?

OP rL NoOdLE

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. ...
  7. 11
I always play solo, cause I'm the only Australian in me company.....
rL NoOdLE wrote:
Used to. Then I got good.
Savage
Ikr
rL NoOdLE wrote:
For pretty much all the time I've played Halo (since the start) I've been a Lone Wolf, meaning that I usually play by myself, no matter the gametype.
While it's true there were many a time I wished i had a friend to help me with a sticky situation, or hop in a vehicle with me. But there's something very satisfying about mixing things up on the battlefield single-handedly, or helping lead your team to victory by yourself. That's not to say I don't welcome help from teammates or don't give it.

The bigger gametypes like BTB and Warzone are the best to solo for me, especially Warzone now. I'll have to toot my own horn here but I can say with certainty there were times my team would never have won without me. I've always enjoyed taking out vehicles (yeah I'm sure I'm hated, but somebody has to do it) especially when nobody else seems to notice they are there. And I love how theres always more than a few ways to tackle a situation like that. After teammates and myself keep getting killed by a vehicle I say to myself, "fine, I'll take care of it". Capturing a flag, delivering a bomb, taking out a pesky camper, taking out a Warzone boss, I've done it all by myself or with the help of teammates, even if i do things solo i'm usually the only one who knows i made a difference.

So idk how many of you play the same, taking matters into your own hands when your team can't keep up or get the job done right. Just the other day on Warzone Assault on Urban, when attacking the garage our spawns were almost entirely across the map, so i ran back to our spawn and our teammates spawned in, rushing the garage and moving us forward. A pretty proud moment for me at least.
same here bro
rL NoOdLE wrote:
For pretty much all the time I've played Halo (since the start) I've been a Lone Wolf, meaning that I usually play by myself, no matter the gametype.
While it's true there were many a time I wished i had a friend to help me with a sticky situation, or hop in a vehicle with me. But there's something very satisfying about mixing things up on the battlefield single-handedly, or helping lead your team to victory by yourself. That's not to say I don't welcome help from teammates or don't give it.

The bigger gametypes like BTB and Warzone are the best to solo for me, especially Warzone now. I'll have to toot my own horn here but I can say with certainty there were times my team would never have won without me. I've always enjoyed taking out vehicles (yeah I'm sure I'm hated, but somebody has to do it) especially when nobody else seems to notice they are there. And I love how theres always more than a few ways to tackle a situation like that. After teammates and myself keep getting killed by a vehicle I say to myself, "fine, I'll take care of it". Capturing a flag, delivering a bomb, taking out a pesky camper, taking out a Warzone boss, I've done it all by myself or with the help of teammates, even if i do things solo i'm usually the only one who knows i made a difference.

So idk how many of you play the same, taking matters into your own hands when your team can't keep up or get the job done right. Just the other day on Warzone Assault on Urban, when attacking the garage our spawns were almost entirely across the map, so i ran back to our spawn and our teammates spawned in, rushing the garage and moving us forward. A pretty proud moment for me at least.
I am the same way, I played H3 with my brother a little bit but 99% of the time I have played Halo CE - H5 all by myself.
JohannDB wrote:
I was a former lone wolf until I met ToySoldier 33 and ProximatePuma07
They'll keep you company until death human. Treat your friends well... if you don't they might hire me to "treat you well"
i died laughing! this isn't halo reach!
rL NoOdLE wrote:
For pretty much all the time I've played Halo (since the start) I've been a Lone Wolf, meaning that I usually play by myself, no matter the gametype.
While it's true there were many a time I wished i had a friend to help me with a sticky situation, or hop in a vehicle with me. But there's something very satisfying about mixing things up on the battlefield single-handedly, or helping lead your team to victory by yourself. That's not to say I don't welcome help from teammates or don't give it.

The bigger gametypes like BTB and Warzone are the best to solo for me, especially Warzone now. I'll have to toot my own horn here but I can say with certainty there were times my team would never have won without me. I've always enjoyed taking out vehicles (yeah I'm sure I'm hated, but somebody has to do it) especially when nobody else seems to notice they are there. And I love how theres always more than a few ways to tackle a situation like that. After teammates and myself keep getting killed by a vehicle I say to myself, "fine, I'll take care of it". Capturing a flag, delivering a bomb, taking out a pesky camper, taking out a Warzone boss, I've done it all by myself or with the help of teammates, even if i do things solo i'm usually the only one who knows i made a difference.

So idk how many of you play the same, taking matters into your own hands when your team can't keep up or get the job done right. Just the other day on Warzone Assault on Urban, when attacking the garage our spawns were almost entirely across the map, so i ran back to our spawn and our teammates spawned in, rushing the garage and moving us forward. A pretty proud moment for me at least.
I don't know about my team not winning if I wasn't there, but I am usually the one that takes out vehicles and campers. Also, when the enemy team has control of one armory/garage and whatever the center base is, I'm usually the one that goes around and caps the enemy controlled armory/garage.
I play with a squad for slayer games requiring closer team work and callouts for success. I usually find myself lonewolfing Warzone or BTB
I do both i play by myself or in a fireteam, what i mean is after playing for so long with out a fireteam then playing in one its so easy to use reqs you want with out dying
rL NoOdLE wrote:
Used to. Then I got good.
Savage
Ikr
Hes a god
When I don't voice chat with friends on Live, I typically do things my own way while sprinkling some teamwork on top here and there. In Strongholds, I sometimes try and make a capture whether a teammate's with me or not. In CTF, I try and steal the flag with or without help. However, when a teammate is there with me, I try to help out and aim for the objective or let them cover me when I have the flag. What I try to emphasize in my gameplay is a balance that I want to strike. I want to be able to solo certain objectives, but also work well with a team. I might not be perfect at that strategy, but it's a useful style to have, especially when playing with friends who like completing objectives and winning games.
I'm a lone wolf but not by choice. Its just hard to find people that play when I play. Which is typically every Friday during the day EST some times Saturday. I have made some buddies to play with but they are not on as often as I am. This is also why I hate it when people say, "Just join a company" . Its not as easy as it is claimed to be. But playing lone wolf I do try to read what my team is doing both in arena and Warzone and try to work with them as much as possible.
I too do my best to do what my team is trying to do, cause I play solo all the time.
yo era una persona ONU de la estafa equipo de Pero Ahora
ChuckCity wrote:
Playing solo in arena rank matches is the worst for me.. I am an average Gold/Plat player so.. far from a pro. I experience too many people quitting because they're having a bad game or can't handle a potential loss hurting their placement rank. I don't know about you all but I can't stand to play 2v4's or 3v4's. I am competitive and play to win and that kind of situation can easily get me tilted. Working on that. I have been with a spartan company for months and never have played with a member (not cause I haven't tried either). Funny how antisocial tsome of the people that play this game can be. It can be days before you hear someone use a mic. (exaggerated but you know what I mean) :)

Still love the game but this part of it bites the big one.
Sounds like your in the wrong company bro. Come check us out at Lone Wolf Collective. Very Sociable, always on mics, and we try hard without being sweaty try hards(sometimes).
NIC 020 wrote:
I'm a lone wolf but not by choice. Its just hard to find people that play when I play. Which is typically every Friday during the day EST some times Saturday. I have made some buddies to play with but they are not on as often as I am. This is also why I hate it when people say, "Just join a company" . Its not as easy as it is claimed to be. But playing lone wolf I do try to read what my team is doing both in arena and Warzone and try to work with them as much as possible.
Yeah I'm with you. Its easier to play lone wolf in H5 because there isn't split screen. My wife used to play in H4 and I just got a second XBOX so maybe she will play again.
Its very cool you wife even plays video games at all.My wife DESPISES me playing. DESPISES IT and I never even play when she is in the house.
Sorry to hear that. Have you tried to get her to play with you? It is definitely a balance between not being consumed with playing and spending time with the wife without Halo.
I lone wolf since I just want to. It makes feel like I am one man army you know. While with a team who is bigger in number and has various skills others don't have.
NIC 020 wrote:
NIC 020 wrote:
I'm a lone wolf but not by choice. Its just hard to find people that play when I play. Which is typically every Friday during the day EST some times Saturday. I have made some buddies to play with but they are not on as often as I am. This is also why I hate it when people say, "Just join a company" . Its not as easy as it is claimed to be. But playing lone wolf I do try to read what my team is doing both in arena and Warzone and try to work with them as much as possible.
Yeah I'm with you. Its easier to play lone wolf in H5 because there isn't split screen. My wife used to play in H4 and I just got a second XBOX so maybe she will play again.
Its very cool you wife even plays video games at all.My wife DESPISES me playing. DESPISES IT and I never even play when she is in the house.
Sorry to hear that. Have you tried to get her to play with you? It is definitely a balance between not being consumed with playing and spending time with the wife without Halo.
Getting her to play is not possible. She is just stubborn like that. When ever my wife is home my time is for her and my child. Now my child(5 yr old daughter) and I will play games like Raymen. She loves games. But I do tons of other stuff with her(my daughter) too. It is what it is. I just play when the wife is working which is on the weekends. When my daughter gets bored of me and goes playing with her toys I play my games. so there is a balance. So its cool.
I almost always play solo. There's nobody distracting you so your full focus.
I like that, but the computer can be some times.
Yep I'm a lone wolf. Almost all the time. Once in a while I do play with friends though.
I play with my friends. It makes the game more enjoyable when your enjoying it with friends. But if I have to get something done, I'm going to solo it.
LE00NIDAS wrote:
yo era una persona ONU de la estafa equipo de Pero Ahora
??????
Usually, I am. But because Halo 5: Guardians has ridiculous party matching, it's literally impossible for me to stay sane in a lobby on my own against a full team of tryhards.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. ...
  7. 11