Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Any other Lone Wolves out there?

OP rL NoOdLE

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
I'm a lone wolf, but not by choice. My internet service isn't good enough to play online since I live in the country. So, I have to stick to campaign and split screen
I'm a lone wolf but not by choice. Its just hard to find people that play when I play. Which is typically every Friday during the day EST some times Saturday. I have made some buddies to play with but they are not on as often as I am. This is also why I hate it when people say, "Just join a company" . Its not as easy as it is claimed to be. But playing lone wolf I do try to read what my team is doing both in arena and Warzone and try to work with them as much as possible.
Exactly. Even when people are on, you waste valuable play time trying to get a group together because everyone is dispersed in different game modes. I just want to get on and start shooting in the little time I may have. I usually leave my headphones open until I hear the first mouth breather with his TV cranked up or squeaker making fart noises. I rarely ever hear any useful communication.
On a couple rare occasions I have met some guys and added them we worked well together. But that was back in Summer, I think they are in college now as i never see them on. But I will listen to see if anybody is going to communicate and if they seem cool. But meeting somebody I can play with as an adult seems rare.
So you're a lone wolf?? ... Check it out .... Lone Wolf Collective
I play Halo 5 by myself because none of my friends want to buy it. It's a good game but not so good when you're playing alone. But occasionally on of my only good friends, who loves playing Halo as much as I do, will get online..... And we have the time of our lives!!
Yup, SR 148 and have ran solo 99% of the time. Warzone Assault and BTB are best solo. Breakout isn't that bad either. The times I have been a party I mute everyone lol. I can't hear the game that well otherwise.
I'm a lone wolf but not by choice. Its just hard to find people that play when I play. Which is typically every Friday during the day EST some times Saturday. I have made some buddies to play with but they are not on as often as I am. This is also why I hate it when people say, "Just join a company" . Its not as easy as it is claimed to be. But playing lone wolf I do try to read what my team is doing both in arena and Warzone and try to work with them as much as possible.
Exactly. Even when people are on, you waste valuable play time trying to get a group together because everyone is dispersed in different game modes. I just want to get on and start shooting in the little time I may have. I usually leave my headphones open until I hear the first mouth breather with his TV cranked up or squeaker making fart noises. I rarely ever hear any useful communication.
On a couple rare occasions I have met some guys and added them we worked well together. But that was back in Summer, I think they are in college now as i never see them on. But I will listen to see if anybody is going to communicate and if they seem cool. But meeting somebody I can play with as an adult seems rare.
I know this feel. When I first starting playing this summer, I welcomed anyone asking me to join a fireteam, only to find that 99% of the time it's just squeakers wanting to play the same old warthog custom games or weird silent people wanting to play some strange 1 on 1 variant. Even though I dont get asked to join parties much, I've been trained to ignore it just to avoid annoying encounters, so sadly I probably miss out on some good players. I always have my mic handy too in case anyone is willing to be real, though.
emu1ar wrote:
I know this feel. When I first starting playing this summer, I welcomed anyone asking me to join a fireteam, only to find that 99% of the time it's just squeakers wanting to play the same old warthog custom games or weird silent people wanting to play some strange 1 on 1 variant. Even though I dont get asked to join parties much, I've been trained to ignore it just to avoid annoying encounters, so sadly I probably miss out on some good players. I always have my mic handy too in case anyone is willing to be real, though.
I will add you if its ok. I don't sqeack. I don't mouth breathe and I don't criticize my teammates. I also don't rage if we lose. But I only play on weekend due to job wife and child.
I always played solo now me and my 2 good buddies play and I gotta say I like it so much more with a small team!
PS any one join us if you lone wolfers wanna squad up :)
emu1ar wrote:
I will add you if its ok. I don't sqeack. I don't mouth breathe and I don't criticize my teammates. I also don't rage if we lose. But I only play on weekend due to job wife and child.
Sounds good! I play weekends for a few hours usually
rL NoOdLE wrote:
For pretty much all the time I've played Halo (since the start) I've been a Lone Wolf, meaning that I usually play by myself, no matter the gametype.
While it's true there were many a time I wished i had a friend to help me with a sticky situation, or hop in a vehicle with me. But there's something very satisfying about mixing things up on the battlefield single-handedly, or helping lead your team to victory by yourself. That's not to say I don't welcome help from teammates or don't give it.

The bigger gametypes like BTB and Warzone are the best to solo for me, especially Warzone now. I'll have to toot my own horn here but I can say with certainty there were times my team would never have won without me. I've always enjoyed taking out vehicles (yeah I'm sure I'm hated, but somebody has to do it) especially when nobody else seems to notice they are there. And I love how theres always more than a few ways to tackle a situation like that. After teammates and myself keep getting killed by a vehicle I say to myself, "fine, I'll take care of it". Capturing a flag, delivering a bomb, taking out a pesky camper, taking out a Warzone boss, I've done it all by myself or with the help of teammates, even if i do things solo i'm usually the only one who knows i made a difference.

So idk how many of you play the same, taking matters into your own hands when your team can't keep up or get the job done right. Just the other day on Warzone Assault on Urban, when attacking the garage our spawns were almost entirely across the map, so i ran back to our spawn and our teammates spawned in, rushing the garage and moving us forward. A pretty proud moment for me at least.
I kinda am a lone wolf because I don't really stick with my team, making me either get huge kill streaks or die terrible deaths
Im an lone wolf by choice,shows up do the needed work disappear.Just not to personal
Works pretty well for me.
I am part of a company, but I do still mainly play on my own:( strangely it is rather satisfying being solo and I love the aspect of you and 2 or 3 random strangers mowing down enemies with a variety of snipers while holding a base like the spire or even a simple armoury. I like the idea of playing with others even if some people invite you to a fire tam once and you then never play with them again. the whole aspect of having a team to call out to when u have a warthog just feels awesome. this is partly why I always join fire team invites cause I love the feeling of meeting other members of the community.
rL NoOdLE wrote:
For pretty much all the time I've played Halo (since the start) I've been a Lone Wolf, meaning that I usually play by myself, no matter the gametype.
While it's true there were many a time I wished i had a friend to help me with a sticky situation, or hop in a vehicle with me. But there's something very satisfying about mixing things up on the battlefield single-handedly, or helping lead your team to victory by yourself. That's not to say I don't welcome help from teammates or don't give it.

The bigger gametypes like BTB and Warzone are the best to solo for me, especially Warzone now. I'll have to toot my own horn here but I can say with certainty there were times my team would never have won without me. I've always enjoyed taking out vehicles (yeah I'm sure I'm hated, but somebody has to do it) especially when nobody else seems to notice they are there. And I love how theres always more than a few ways to tackle a situation like that. After teammates and myself keep getting killed by a vehicle I say to myself, "fine, I'll take care of it". Capturing a flag, delivering a bomb, taking out a pesky camper, taking out a Warzone boss, I've done it all by myself or with the help of teammates, even if i do things solo i'm usually the only one who knows i made a difference.

So idk how many of you play the same, taking matters into your own hands when your team can't keep up or get the job done right. Just the other day on Warzone Assault on Urban, when attacking the garage our spawns were almost entirely across the map, so i ran back to our spawn and our teammates spawned in, rushing the garage and moving us forward. A pretty proud moment for me at least.
Add me to your list if you're looking for lone wolves. I often play solo, but am happy to join up if teamwork is looking good - which is kind of ironic seeing as I don't use a mic headset :/
I'm a lone wolf because most of my friends game on PlayStation.
Dude. Playstation did the sane to me, I feel you. It's almost sad how I could never leave Xbox due to Halo. An eternal bond even friends can't break apparently.
I was a lone wolf up until Reach when I found a few friends, mostly because I didn't have online access until a month or two before Reach's release, but I prefer playing on teams. Callouts and watching each other's backs helps me do better and die less. I'm always up to play with new people.
I'm a lone wolf because most of my friends game on PlayStation.
Dude. Playstation did the sane to me, I feel you. It's almost sad how I could never leave Xbox due to Halo. An eternal bond even friends can't break apparently.
Do like me and own both systems.
Once you learn the W/L % doesn't mean anything, being a lone wolf is great, I have been one since CE and I love it.
most of the time i go in solo but I'm no stranger to the benefits of a fireteam
rL NoOdLE wrote:

Not since halo 3. I believe the current "arena" playlists aren't fun.
Is there a Lone Wolf freelancer spartan company? Might not be a bad idea.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11