Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Any other Lone Wolves out there?

OP rL NoOdLE

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 11
i play solo and dont like to party play pvp and doing call outs and team kill spartans, playing the lone wolf and kill in duels thats more fun 4 me than hear people causing or judge me if i did something wrong i like to see how the spartans work without mics its fun, in FF i did 1 place 42.900 score 113 kills 43 assists 45 headshots i got most assists headshots and kills and a guy wrote to me l2p because i dont hop in his warthog we won and he is complain because i solo play, i only have fun pvp in fun gamemodes the pvp gamers are way to serious 4 meh
I only recently started playing MP on Halo, so I've mostly been lone wolfing it. So I fully know what's like to feel like the only one who's making a difference: Escaping the base and capturing an armory ALONE. Killing a boss ALONE.

While I did join a company it quickly went quiet and I was again playing solo. However the good thing is someone decided to revive it and now I've got a party to play Arena and WZ with. Which is a nice change of pace. **cough cough shameless advertising** We're accepting new members :)
A fellow solo player who also enjoys (quite literally) single-handedly winning the game. I also enjoy x4 + carries (4x as good or more as rest of team combined). Rarely is there a game in which I am not first.
Other activities I enjoy:
  • Running riot with standard magnum
  • Trolling enemy team mercilessly (ex. using plasma caster in warzone at spawn so people spawning in just run into it)
  • Airborne snapshot headshots
  • Team takedowns in 10 seconds
  • etc.
Well, the great thing about solo queuing as an onyx in Team Arena, is that we're all sweaty -Yoinks!- and don't want to lose. Although, solo queuing means you won't have the coordination of a full team in most cases. And most likely, you'll be facing a full team.

There was this one game I had a while back where we were all randoms with mic's and were communicating. (and getting sweaty AF) We ended up beating a full champ squad 50-27. But, it was Pegasus and we all know how that map is.
Whenever I get a party or Fireteam invite, I almost always decline it; theres just something about not having to worry about others lol
I respect the Divinity of the Lone Wolf but a pack of Lone Wolves together in strength can be much more sinister . . . 😈
Reading some of these posts I'm surprised by some of the comments. When I started playing Halo 5 at launch a lot of my buddies irl were playing as well. But as time went on and they moved on to other games and I found myself isolated once more. So I began using my microphone in game, even if no one responded. I would relay information on objectives and make call outs. Eventually people begin acknowledging them and make callouts of their own. Immediately after the game I would send them invites and we would keep playing. After a few games if they were cool individuals I would send them a friend request. Now once that was established I would send them invites whenever I could and eventually I built up a reasonable list of avid Halo players. Now whenever I hop on I have reliable team mates I can invite to form a fireteam no matter the time of day. It doesn't bother me if they are from a different spartan company or even their nationality, they all enjoy playing Halo and make the experience so much better :)

(this is geared to those who say it's hard to make friends and form fireteams)
I'm kind of half and half. I mostly play by myself but sometimes I'll play with a friend.
I've a company but im like 90% solo when i play
Always been a lone wolf. Partly because I hate talking over the mic and partly because I like listening to other things while I play. Besides, I enjoy the nonverbal communication so much more when it happens. When someone honks at me to hop in their warthog, when a guy notices you're covering a doorway and he covers the other one, when you pick up a flag and the other dude follows you providing cover. The silent teamwork is a great payoff when it works and happens organically.

Plus Warzones rewards lone wolves. While everyone focuses on taking over the mid base in a huge firefight, I slip away and eliminate the 25 vp attackers. Helps my bottom line and keeps the team afloat if we lose the mid base. I enjoy that Halo has always been enjoyable no matter how you prefer to play.
I play solo in the social playlists and wait until I can get a full team to do arena. Warzone is so fun playing solo because there is no coordination at all and it is just pure chaos. I always get at least 30 kills when I solo queue.
I get it, I've played alone alot. Halo is better enjoyed with friends/teammates to help, though.
I play predominately solo, only because there isn't a sufficient local population to party with.
rL NoOdLE wrote:
For pretty much all the time I've played Halo (since the start) I've been a Lone Wolf, meaning that I usually play by myself, no matter the gametype.
While it's true there were many a time I wished i had a friend to help me with a sticky situation, or hop in a vehicle with me. But there's something very satisfying about mixing things up on the battlefield single-handedly, or helping lead your team to victory by yourself. That's not to say I don't welcome help from teammates or don't give it.

The bigger gametypes like BTB and Warzone are the best to solo for me, especially Warzone now. I'll have to toot my own horn here but I can say with certainty there were times my team would never have won without me. I've always enjoyed taking out vehicles (yeah I'm sure I'm hated, but somebody has to do it) especially when nobody else seems to notice they are there. And I love how theres always more than a few ways to tackle a situation like that. After teammates and myself keep getting killed by a vehicle I say to myself, "fine, I'll take care of it". Capturing a flag, delivering a bomb, taking out a pesky camper, taking out a Warzone boss, I've done it all by myself or with the help of teammates, even if i do things solo i'm usually the only one who knows i made a difference.

So idk how many of you play the same, taking matters into your own hands when your team can't keep up or get the job done right. Just the other day on Warzone Assault on Urban, when attacking the garage our spawns were almost entirely across the map, so i ran back to our spawn and our teammates spawned in, rushing the garage and moving us forward. A pretty proud moment for me at least.
Not since halo 3. I believe the current "arena" playlists aren't fun.
It can be fun, its just so overly competitive, it feels like i can only play BTB or Warzone if i just want to have more fun, and hopefully i wont get farmed either...
I play Halo solo almost all the time, no matter the gametype. I only have one other friend who has Halo 5 so sometimes we mess around in Forge or play some good ol' warzone.
Raptor WMD wrote:
Reading some of these posts I'm surprised by some of the comments. When I started playing Halo 5 at launch a lot of my buddies irl were playing as well. But as time went on and they moved on to other games and I found myself isolated once more. So I began using my microphone in game, even if no one responded. I would relay information on objectives and make call outs. Eventually people begin acknowledging them and make callouts of their own. Immediately after the game I would send them invites and we would keep playing. After a few games if they were cool individuals I would send them a friend request. Now once that was established I would send them invites whenever I could and eventually I built up a reasonable list of avid Halo players. Now whenever I hop on I have reliable team mates I can invite to form a fireteam no matter the time of day. It doesn't bother me if they are from a different spartan company or even their nationality, they all enjoy playing Halo and make the experience so much better :)

I think I'm just used to playing alone, i also just dont think I'm very sociable so if i ever get invites (actually happened 3 Warzone matches in a row the other day) i dont accept them. Its also pressure for me to have to do good. And then theyll be like "this guy sucks, kick him". Guess i dont want to worry about that lol
I used to play solo until I joined a really nice company. I'll still play solo from time to time but I much rather play with people now.
I sometimes do solo a lot, but I want to get some achievements that required co-op and online team play. But then I like having a team cause it feels more realistic to be in combat, since I was in the Army for 6 years
Raptor WMD wrote:

I sent friend requests too easily in Team Arena lol. At one point, I built up 700 people on my Friends List. I took some time one day to cut it down to 250
Always been a lone wolf. Partly because I hate talking over the mic and partly because I like listening to other things while I play. Besides, I enjoy the nonverbal communication so much more when it happens. When someone honks at me to hop in their warthog, when a guy notices you're covering a doorway and he covers the other one, when you pick up a flag and the other dude follows you providing cover. The silent teamwork is a great payoff when it works and happens organically.

Plus Warzones rewards lone wolves. While everyone focuses on taking over the mid base in a huge firefight, I slip away and eliminate the 25 vp attackers. Helps my bottom line and keeps the team afloat if we lose the mid base. I enjoy that Halo has always been enjoyable no matter how you prefer to play.
When I play WZ (almost always by myself) I attack whatever armory/garage we don't have. There's plenty of games where I've gotten numerous base captures and 35+ kills using the Extended Mags AR and Pistol without using Req vehicles/weapons. It's a fun challenge to try and be the top slayer without calling in reqs :D
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 11