Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Any other Lone Wolves out there?

OP rL NoOdLE

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 11
Most of the time yes
You know I lone wolf alot but playing with friends was great and all but they mainly did forge and customs especially when I join. So as a back up plan I created a spartan company and it still was playing lone wolf. So what do you think I should do
You know I lone wolf alot but playing with friends was great and all but they mainly did forge and customs especially when I join. So as a back up plan I created a spartan company and it still was playing lone wolf. So what do you think I should do
There are/were 71 people in my company. I say were because out of 71 only about 3 still play Halo. I know this because I sent every single one of them a message a few months ago looking to team up with some of them. I only got 3 responses. Of the 3 I've only played with one. "Just join a company and make some friends" they say. Yeah, I'm done doing that. It took me about 2 hrs to send all those messages. I will not be doing that anymore. Lone wolf is just the way its going to be unless I happen to meet some people in a match or something.
There are/were 71 people in my company. I say were because out of 71 only about 3 still play Halo. I know this because I sent every single one of them a message a few months ago looking to team up with some of them. I only got 3 responses. Of the 3 I've only played with one. "Just join a company and make some friends" they say. Yeah, I'm done doing that. It took me about 2 hrs to send all those messages. I will not be doing that anymore. Lone wolf is just the way its going to be unless I happen to meet some people in a match or something.
Ive gotten a invite from machtwet (miss spelled) but it was half a month ago and his company is full. The oneway ticket from playing alone. :c
Is there a Lone Wolf freelancer spartan company? Might not be a bad idea.
Lone Wolf Collective check it out.
I usually play alone but only because none of my friends play it. If I knew people that played it I would total play in a group, especially with fun forge game modes. If anyone wants to play add me, the more people the better!

GT is Jesusfrreak2
Solo all the way!
rL NoOdLE wrote:
rL NoOdLE wrote:
For pretty much all the time I've played Halo (since the start) I've been a Lone Wolf, meaning that I usually play by myself, no matter the gametype.
While it's true there were many a time I wished i had a friend to help me with a sticky situation, or hop in a vehicle with me. But there's something very satisfying about mixing things up on the battlefield single-handedly, or helping lead your team to victory by yourself. That's not to say I don't welcome help from teammates or don't give it.

The bigger gametypes like BTB and Warzone are the best to solo for me, especially Warzone now. I'll have to toot my own horn here but I can say with certainty there were times my team would never have won without me. I've always enjoyed taking out vehicles (yeah I'm sure I'm hated, but somebody has to do it) especially when nobody else seems to notice they are there. And I love how theres always more than a few ways to tackle a situation like that. After teammates and myself keep getting killed by a vehicle I say to myself, "fine, I'll take care of it". Capturing a flag, delivering a bomb, taking out a pesky camper, taking out a Warzone boss, I've done it all by myself or with the help of teammates, even if i do things solo i'm usually the only one who knows i made a difference.

So idk how many of you play the same, taking matters into your own hands when your team can't keep up or get the job done right. Just the other day on Warzone Assault on Urban, when attacking the garage our spawns were almost entirely across the map, so i ran back to our spawn and our teammates spawned in, rushing the garage and moving us forward. A pretty proud moment for me at least.
Not since halo 3. I believe the current "arena" playlists aren't fun.
It can be fun, its just so overly competitive, it feels like i can only play BTB or Warzone if i just want to have more fun, and hopefully i wont get farmed either...
Yeah. Warzone is all I played. I've been done for months. I honestly think the arena maps I played were horrible and unbalanced too. Map design literally prevents sprees because they create encounters way too often and between multiple people. At least H3 and reaches maps had places to catch a breather. 5's maps are just too open. Literally you try to move from one area to another and that puts you in the line of sight of at least a few people at once with no cover. Not right.
rL NoOdLE wrote:
rL NoOdLE wrote:
For pretty much all the time I've played Halo (since the start) I've been a Lone Wolf, meaning that I usually play by myself, no matter the gametype.
While it's true there were many a time I wished i had a friend to help me with a sticky situation, or hop in a vehicle with me. But there's something very satisfying about mixing things up on the battlefield single-handedly, or helping lead your team to victory by yourself. That's not to say I don't welcome help from teammates or don't give it.

The bigger gametypes like BTB and Warzone are the best to solo for me, especially Warzone now. I'll have to toot my own horn here but I can say with certainty there were times my team would never have won without me. I've always enjoyed taking out vehicles (yeah I'm sure I'm hated, but somebody has to do it) especially when nobody else seems to notice they are there. And I love how theres always more than a few ways to tackle a situation like that. After teammates and myself keep getting killed by a vehicle I say to myself, "fine, I'll take care of it". Capturing a flag, delivering a bomb, taking out a pesky camper, taking out a Warzone boss, I've done it all by myself or with the help of teammates, even if i do things solo i'm usually the only one who knows i made a difference.

So idk how many of you play the same, taking matters into your own hands when your team can't keep up or get the job done right. Just the other day on Warzone Assault on Urban, when attacking the garage our spawns were almost entirely across the map, so i ran back to our spawn and our teammates spawned in, rushing the garage and moving us forward. A pretty proud moment for me at least.
Not since halo 3. I believe the current "arena" playlists aren't fun.
It can be fun, its just so overly competitive, it feels like i can only play BTB or Warzone if i just want to have more fun, and hopefully i wont get farmed either...
Yeah. Warzone is all I played. I've been done for months. I honestly think the arena maps I played were horrible and unbalanced too. Map design literally prevents sprees because they create encounters way too often and between multiple people. At least H3 and reaches maps had places to catch a breather. 5's maps are just too open. Literally you try to move from one area to another and that puts you in the line of sight of at least a few people at once with no cover. Not right.
Yeah i never really thought about that, but there really isnt anywhere to hide or to take cover without like a 90% chance of someone finding you quickly.
rL NoOdLE wrote:
...But there's something very satisfying about mixing things up on the battlefield single-handedly, or helping lead your team to victory by yourself...

...I'll have to toot my own horn here but I can say with certainty there were times my team would never have won without me. I've always enjoyed taking out vehicles (yeah I'm sure I'm hated, but somebody has to do it) especially when nobody else seems to notice they are there...

...After teammates and myself keep getting killed by a vehicle I say to myself, "fine, I'll take care of it"...

... I've done it all by myself or with the help of teammates, even if i do things solo i'm usually the only one who knows i made a difference...

...so i ran back to our spawn and our teammates spawned in...
Damn, pretty into ourselves, aren't we?!!! Looking for a little credit? Well, you won't get it from me. Clearly you're good, so I guess you'll get that from me at least, but the bottom line is, you're playing the game as a good teammate should! What do you want, a commendation? Oh, wait, the game gives you those. You come across very egotistical, dude (i.e., you sound like a -- insert another name for male genitalia --). I'm not a great player, but I always perform for the team (except in FFA, of course) so what you're saying means nothing. I'll give you a "Thanks for the help." Good Lord, get over yourself!
Oh, and btw, I am a player who pretty much always plays solo as well, but again, I play for the team so my individual actions mean nothing if the team doesn't do well!
Yep. For me I actually prefer to work by myself, although I'm not opposed to working with others. Also don't get me wrong I know your most likley better off having a team or working with the team. I'm a Spatan though, I do my objective and gain 50+ kills on way of completing my orders.
I'm a lone wolf but not by choice. Its just hard to find people that play when I play. Which is typically every Friday during the day EST some times Saturday. I have made some buddies to play with but they are not on as often as I am. This is also why I hate it when people say, "Just join a company" . Its not as easy as it is claimed to be. But playing lone wolf I do try to read what my team is doing both in arena and Warzone and try to work with them as much as possible.
Yeah I'm with you. Its easier to play lone wolf in H5 because there isn't split screen. My wife used to play in H4 and I just got a second XBOX so maybe she will play again.
i play solo 99 percent of the time...i like to play at my own pace and be anonymous...doesnt help that i usually am in the top 3 of the leaderboard though...i hate getting invites....makes me feel exposed
Lately I've been doing FFA.I just got tired of relying on randoms In team arena. I know my skill level is a lot better than most the people I face. But when it comes down to it wins are what matters. So if there's anybody out there who wants to team up I'm down.
NIC 020 wrote:
I'm a lone wolf but not by choice. Its just hard to find people that play when I play. Which is typically every Friday during the day EST some times Saturday. I have made some buddies to play with but they are not on as often as I am. This is also why I hate it when people say, "Just join a company" . Its not as easy as it is claimed to be. But playing lone wolf I do try to read what my team is doing both in arena and Warzone and try to work with them as much as possible.
Yeah I'm with you. Its easier to play lone wolf in H5 because there isn't split screen. My wife used to play in H4 and I just got a second XBOX so maybe she will play again.
Its very cool you wife even plays video games at all.My wife DESPISES me playing. DESPISES IT and I never even play when she is in the house.
rL NoOdLE wrote:

Me too, I may or may not like to pretending in a RvB freelancer sometimes because of it... IDK, makes me feel more bada$$.
I've been a solo player since my friends abandoned Halo 5. I don't know why they thought campaign was decent but they dislike multiplayer but they just don't understand how far Halo's come. come on. I gave up on trying to get them back a while back.
Ok everyone still here just think. We have each other! We can create our own company so we aren't alone and we aren't subjected to do or wear anything
i live and die by the loan wolf motto
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 11