Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Any other Lone Wolves out there?

OP rL NoOdLE

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 11
I usually play lone wolf as I'm not in a Spartan company and I don't have any friends who play the game.,

However if I come up against a team in Slayer that is moving as a unit or all camping in a location, I'll shift my tactics and shadow other members of the team so I don't get annihilated.
I'm not a wolf, just a dog.
I always play solo unless if my friends want me to join
I usually like to go solo.
rL NoOdLE wrote:
For pretty much all the time I've played Halo (since the start) I've been a Lone Wolf, meaning that I usually play by myself, no matter the gametype.
While it's true there were many a time I wished i had a friend to help me with a sticky situation, or hop in a vehicle with me. But there's something very satisfying about mixing things up on the battlefield single-handedly, or helping lead your team to victory by yourself. That's not to say I don't welcome help from teammates or don't give it.

The bigger gametypes like BTB and Warzone are the best to solo for me, especially Warzone now. I'll have to toot my own horn here but I can say with certainty there were times my team would never have won without me. I've always enjoyed taking out vehicles (yeah I'm sure I'm hated, but somebody has to do it) especially when nobody else seems to notice they are there. And I love how theres always more than a few ways to tackle a situation like that. After teammates and myself keep getting killed by a vehicle I say to myself, "fine, I'll take care of it". Capturing a flag, delivering a bomb, taking out a pesky camper, taking out a Warzone boss, I've done it all by myself or with the help of teammates, even if i do things solo i'm usually the only one who knows i made a difference.

So idk how many of you play the same, taking matters into your own hands when your team can't keep up or get the job done right. Just the other day on Warzone Assault on Urban, when attacking the garage our spawns were almost entirely across the map, so i ran back to our spawn and our teammates spawned in, rushing the garage and moving us forward. A pretty proud moment for me at least.
I definitely prefer lone wolfing, but I'm on the opposite side of things; as a pretty mediocre player I tend to bring down the team I play with and rather than feel guilty or be subjected to endless 'gut guds' I prefer to just challenge myself.

I've played with my Company members a fair bit, and it can definitely be fun if they are mellow players, but there is a sort of melancholy grace to grinding alone. Thanks for the chance to sound off, cool thread idea.
Anyone know how to start a forum so 343i can see or something, cause I want an update where you can select a a certain amount of items you want to sell for a certain req weapon/vehicle so you can sell quicker for req points instead of selling 1 by 1 for hours it's time consuming and annoying asf so spread the love halo community for easier faster req points in the next update
share this, write this ^^^^^
I've been solo ever since they took out split screen.
I, too, have always been a lone wolf. I play with friends, here and there, yet perform best when I am going solo.

As a result, I was (and still am) extremely dissatisfied with the fact that there is no lone wolf playlist, unranked, with objective game types. I am totally that guy who would play objective FFA, and sit back and wrack up kills :)
I have played solo until earlier this month, when I joined a spartan company. Playing solo had got boring, and I frequently played with a couple of good friends. I personally love being in a company, and would recommend it to anyone who plays solo most of the time. The feeling of playing with your company is awesome, and enhances the Halo 'experience' tons.
rL NoOdLE wrote:
For pretty much all the time I've played Halo (since the start) I've been a Lone Wolf, meaning that I usually play by myself, no matter the gametype.
While it's true there were many a time I wished i had a friend to help me with a sticky situation, or hop in a vehicle with me. But there's something very satisfying about mixing things up on the battlefield single-handedly, or helping lead your team to victory by yourself. That's not to say I don't welcome help from teammates or don't give it.

The bigger gametypes like BTB and Warzone are the best to solo for me, especially Warzone now. I'll have to toot my own horn here but I can say with certainty there were times my team would never have won without me. I've always enjoyed taking out vehicles (yeah I'm sure I'm hated, but somebody has to do it) especially when nobody else seems to notice they are there. And I love how theres always more than a few ways to tackle a situation like that. After teammates and myself keep getting killed by a vehicle I say to myself, "fine, I'll take care of it". Capturing a flag, delivering a bomb, taking out a pesky camper, taking out a Warzone boss, I've done it all by myself or with the help of teammates, even if i do things solo i'm usually the only one who knows i made a difference.

So idk how many of you play the same, taking matters into your own hands when your team can't keep up or get the job done right. Just the other day on Warzone Assault on Urban, when attacking the garage our spawns were almost entirely across the map, so i ran back to our spawn and our teammates spawned in, rushing the garage and moving us forward. A pretty proud moment for me at least.
I disagree, all this lone wolf thing is bs and it is killing ever aspect of the game for me. Can't even get random people on my team on my oni hog whIle driving around telling them on the mic to get on. How come they won't get on? They would get so many kills with me driving them. But no they would rather be in their own world running around being stupid and die, with no contribute to the team. They probably mute me too because they don't want to here it. It is agonizing ignorance, I am fed up with random teammates.
rL NoOdLE wrote:

I'm 95% solo
rL NoOdLE wrote:

I'm 95% solo
It is a bummer is it not
Mikep40 wrote:
rL NoOdLE wrote:

I'm 95% solo
It is a bummer is it not
Some times I do wish I had more people to play with lolol. But I still enjoy it.....some times....
I too am a lone wolf, at least in Halo 5. With that being said though, I'm always willing to team up when the opportunity presents itself.
Mikep40 wrote:
rL NoOdLE wrote:

I'm 95% solo
It is a bummer is it not
Some times I do wish I had more people to play with lolol. But I still enjoy it.....some times....
It's killing me. Wish I had a coordinated team to reach onyx in slayer. Farthest I got to is diamond 5 by myself. But don't have a team to go beyond
Mikep40 wrote:
Mikep40 wrote:
rL NoOdLE wrote:

I'm 95% solo
It is a bummer is it not
It's killing me. Wish I had a coordinated team to reach onyx in slayer. Farthest I got to is diamond 5 by myself. But don't have a team to go beyond
Furthest I got is one win from Platinum lolol. So you are still way ahead of me my friend. You'll get to Onyx in due time. Diamond 5 is not far.
Mikep40 wrote:
Mikep40 wrote:
rL NoOdLE wrote:

I'm 95% solo
It is a bummer is it not
Furthest I got is one win from Platinum lolol. So you are still way ahead of me my friend. You'll get to Onyx in due time. Diamond 5 is not far.
But that was past seasons ago lol
I used to be a Lone Wolf, but then Halo 5 kind of forced me to work with a team to win matches. That and a friend made me into player who heavily relies on teamwork now. I can't Lone Wolf much anymore like I did previous titles but when I can it's fantastic, especially when you've become more honed and focused playing alone.
Mikep40 wrote:
Mikep40 wrote:
Mikep40 wrote:
rL NoOdLE wrote:

I'm 95% solo
It is a bummer is it not
But that was past seasons ago lol
Lol. Still impressive :)
Splitscreen being taken out has forced me to be a lone wolf.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 11