Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Any other Lone Wolves out there?

OP rL NoOdLE

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. ...
  8. 11
I was a solo player all thwe way up untill H5 came out and i joined a Spartan Company and found a great group of guys to play with. Every now and then tho I still like to jump into a game solo and have at it. I try to play stealthy or grab a sniper bc thats what im best at lol But even when im running solo I still have my mic on doing callouts and trying to push the team to victory! Sometimes im the only one with a mic and sometimes theres a guy wh has more rage than he needs lol Theres a special feeling you get when youre going solo and you make a big play abd carry the team and win the game, thats how it goes most of the time when i run solo
rL NoOdLE wrote:
For pretty much all the time I've played Halo (since the start) I've been a Lone Wolf, meaning that I usually play by myself, no matter the gametype.
While it's true there were many a time I wished i had a friend to help me with a sticky situation, or hop in a vehicle with me. But there's something very satisfying about mixing things up on the battlefield single-handedly, or helping lead your team to victory by yourself. That's not to say I don't welcome help from teammates or don't give it.

The bigger gametypes like BTB and Warzone are the best to solo for me, especially Warzone now. I'll have to toot my own horn here but I can say with certainty there were times my team would never have won without me. I've always enjoyed taking out vehicles (yeah I'm sure I'm hated, but somebody has to do it) especially when nobody else seems to notice they are there. And I love how theres always more than a few ways to tackle a situation like that. After teammates and myself keep getting killed by a vehicle I say to myself, "fine, I'll take care of it". Capturing a flag, delivering a bomb, taking out a pesky camper, taking out a Warzone boss, I've done it all by myself or with the help of teammates, even if i do things solo i'm usually the only one who knows i made a difference.

So idk how many of you play the same, taking matters into your own hands when your team can't keep up or get the job done right. Just the other day on Warzone Assault on Urban, when attacking the garage our spawns were almost entirely across the map, so i ran back to our spawn and our teammates spawned in, rushing the garage and moving us forward. A pretty proud moment for me at least.
I am, even though I am part of a Company...

Nothing's more satisfying than saving your teammates singlehandedly in SWAT though.
Same here but it is alsso cool to go in in an Arena game with friends, gives you the "pro" feeling.
"I'm a solo player" it's in my profile, my gamertag bio on XBL, everywhere. I always play solo.
Used to. Then I got good.
Savage
Mikep40 wrote:
rL NoOdLE wrote:
For pretty much all the time I've played Halo (since the start) I've been a Lone Wolf, meaning that I usually play by myself, no matter the gametype.
While it's true there were many a time I wished i had a friend to help me with a sticky situation, or hop in a vehicle with me. But there's something very satisfying about mixing things up on the battlefield single-handedly, or helping lead your team to victory by yourself. That's not to say I don't welcome help from teammates or don't give it.

The bigger gametypes like BTB and Warzone are the best to solo for me, especially Warzone now. I'll have to toot my own horn here but I can say with certainty there were times my team would never have won without me. I've always enjoyed taking out vehicles (yeah I'm sure I'm hated, but somebody has to do it) especially when nobody else seems to notice they are there. And I love how theres always more than a few ways to tackle a situation like that. After teammates and myself keep getting killed by a vehicle I say to myself, "fine, I'll take care of it". Capturing a flag, delivering a bomb, taking out a pesky camper, taking out a Warzone boss, I've done it all by myself or with the help of teammates, even if i do things solo i'm usually the only one who knows i made a difference.

So idk how many of you play the same, taking matters into your own hands when your team can't keep up or get the job done right. Just the other day on Warzone Assault on Urban, when attacking the garage our spawns were almost entirely across the map, so i ran back to our spawn and our teammates spawned in, rushing the garage and moving us forward. A pretty proud moment for me at least.
I disagree, all this lone wolf thing is bs and it is killing ever aspect of the game for me. Can't even get random people on my team on my oni hog whIle driving around telling them on the mic to get on. How come they won't get on? They would get so many kills with me driving them. But no they would rather be in their own world running around being stupid and die, with no contribute to the team. They probably mute me too because they don't want to here it. It is agonizing ignorance, I am fed up with random teammates.
Well i guarantee I'm not one of those people, and it seems like alot of other solo players here arent either. I hate it when i run towards a teammate in a vehicle and they drive away alone... so dumb. I am pretty killer in a Gauss Hog, plus its fun. I cant explain why they dont want to get in. Sometimes when a teammate in a hog comes up to me honking and i have a good power weapon i wont get in, and i still feel kinda bad, but i got the power weapon for a reason.
Playing solo in arena rank matches is the worst for me.. I am an average Gold/Plat player so.. far from a pro. I experience too many people quitting because they're having a bad game or can't handle a potential loss hurting their placement rank. I don't know about you all but I can't stand to play 2v4's or 3v4's. I am competitive and play to win and that kind of situation can easily get me tilted. Working on that. I have been with a spartan company for months and never have played with a member (not cause I haven't tried either). Funny how antisocial tsome of the people that play this game can be. It can be days before you hear someone use a mic. (exaggerated but you know what I mean) :)

Still love the game but this part of it bites the big one.
I almost always play solo. There's nobody distracting you so your full focus.
If my friends are playing Halo, I'll join em. If not, then I'm going solo
I always play solo buy not by choice... I don't have any friends that game and I haven't met anyone online. I love gaming with teammates I think it makes the game more fun than lone wolfing it. Especially with vehicles and knowing someone has your back and you can talk to them. I think you have a huge advantage not lone wolfing it... I'm having trouble making sentences without saying 'playing with someone." An example is when in warzone taking a base if there are two of you its easier to guard the doors plus its cool to shoot the -Yoink- with someone.
I always play solo. Started multiplayer in Halo 3, I try to play with my friends, who think they are the best to walk the planet, but end up -Yoinking!- that they get "reckt" becuase they don't understand holding power positions and think they can out BR every player in any situation. I dont even get mad anymore its just comical, if i try to speak up all i hear is excuses and denial. I much prefer to play by myself, because at least I know I've done all i can to impact the game without getting -Yoinked!- at.
You're not alone. I'm a lone wolf
I was a lonewolf till I realised teams are better. I still operate alone tho. Like take down a boss myself, defend something etc.
Id prefer to work in a team, but most of the time my friends aren't online when i am so i play solo most of the time. Playing with friends makes the game alot more enjoyable for me.
I am a Lone Wolf! trying to find people who play socially and competitively in the evenings is difficult!
Know what you mean man, I'm from Scotland and work nightshift alot. So most of my friends are on at night. So I run solo warzone alot
I usually like to play solo. No parties or game chat so I can't be distracted. When I wanna relax and kick back I usually play alone. However when I'm with my friend we compete to get the most kills. Or if it's strongholds we try to get the most base captures. Or flag captures for CTF.
No split-screen in Halo 5 - hence everyone is a lone wolf here.

But srsly, most of the time yes I lone wolf it. It takes effort to get people in at the same time.
I would love to join a Company however I only get to play Evenings UK time and weekends!!!
I play with other people. Team work makes the dream work.
Yeah I'm also a totally solo gamer mainly because it help me concentrate on the objective and not the glory, taking out Jackal carbines on the bridge in Urban, cleaning up the grunts and jackal's on Dark star, while everyone else rushes in guns blazing towards the bosses, always having a handy scorpion or wraith ready, capturing and holding control points in strongholds or stealth capturing flags. I really don't care I just like playing the game and someone has got to do the boring bits, and I'm not dissing other players. Sometimes I'm saying "WTF are you doing" but everyone has a different skills set and if they are having a good time who am I to criticise, Having said that I am in a Spartan Company, but I am not sure if we have ever played together, there's 3 of us "Solo Spartan Company" and our motto is "Play what you want" .lulz peace out LBC
I mostly play alone. As much as I like Halo 5 I'm afraid my regular team mates don't share the passion and have grown too accustomed to the catering mechanics of Destiny and prefer the PvE environment in that. I mostly play PvP solo and had to lone wolf the Legendary campaign as no one ever wanted to play it but would rather grind strikes in Destiny! If I ever play Warsone I'll usually play with a friend or two though for effective communication for a battle on that scale.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. ...
  8. 11