Any Warthog variant ideas?

OP warthogman94

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 27
I've been wanting a new type of Warthog for a while now, as in new gun not the Oni/Woodland variant.
I was thinking we could have a forerunner inspired one with the Splinter Turret mounted and a more silver, forerunner style design.
Any Hog ideas from you guys?
Railgun or Spartan laser types could work but to be honest I think we have enough hogs filling up Req space.
Warthogs that don't come in commendation reward packs???
Scout hog edit (all variants-basic, urban, ONI, etc;): Remember the car from Reach where Jorge placed his turret on the back?
-Make the scout warthogs like this, allwing a friend with a turret to "brace" it on the vehicle, giving you a free turret. ^^ (limit of firing angle to 150-120 Degrees, like with Jorge)

-H3 TT hog (all variants, but for balancing purposes add or remove a seat-make it fit 5 or 7 people, with hardier armor since it has no built-in weapons) No real need to explain...

An evil thing for future warthogs with weapons would be the ability to tear off the turret from the back...funny as heck to hop onto an enemy warthog and steal their turret, leaving them with a "new and improved" Scout 'Hog... ^^

-Some anti-jacking warthog where the driver can actually defent him/herself... (not so sure how to work this in...)

For a new gun?
Whiplash/Arcight Hog-have two wielded next to eachother, allowing it to have higher rof and less penetration than Gauss...slow the ROF for arclight one, however.
jayman567 wrote:
Railgun or Spartan laser types could work but to be honest I think we have enough hogs filling up Req space.
I suppose the railgun one could work like a guass hog that you could charge up for more damage. And yeah maybe we do just thought some people might have cool ideas for new ones.
How about something like the canister shells from bf4. Fire rate similar to the gauss hot, but it would fire a big old shotgun blast essentially
The golden warthogs from H2A
jjk007 wrote:
Scout hog edit (all variants-basic, urban, ONI, etc;): Remember the car from Reach where Jorge placed his turret on the back?
-Make the scout warthogs like this, allwing a friend with a turret to "brace" it on the vehicle, giving you a free turret. ^^ (limit of firing angle to 150-120 Degrees, like with Jorge)

-H3 TT hog (all variants, but for balancing purposes add or remove a seat-make it fit 5 or 7 people, with hardier armor since it has no built-in weapons) No real need to explain...

An evil thing for future warthogs with weapons would be the ability to tear off the turret from the back...funny as heck to hop onto an enemy warthog and steal their turret, leaving them with a "new and improved" Scout 'Hog... ^^

-Some anti-jacking warthog where the driver can actually defent him/herself... (not so sure how to work this in...)
I was kinda annoyed when I saw the scout hog wasn't the troop transport one. Bombing round in Warzone with a full one with every one with a half decent weapon would be awesome, one hell of a multi kill waiting to happen though. And yeah you should be able to jump on the back of a scout hog with a weapon like Jorge.
How about something like the canister shells from bf4. Fire rate similar to the gauss hot, but it would fire a big old shotgun blast essentially
Bit more anti-infantry then over the gauss hog? Which can be quite tricky to hit people with.
Top Yellow wrote:
The golden warthogs from H2A
Don't see why not.
jayman567 wrote:
I thought the Railgun Hog was called the Gauss Hog.
PolyGoner wrote:
jayman567 wrote:
the BIG railgun is the gauss. The more versatile one would be with smaller, faster-firing ones like wiplash (anti-infantry/light vehicle-same charge rate as gauss, but with 2 guns gets 4 shots off...) and arclight (a bit slower than Gauss, but has heavy anti-armor capabilities)
Seriously? 343i should just upgrade their freakin armor as well the gunners. Fix that 1st THEN we can talk variants otherwise whats the point? They'll takin out in seconds.
Transport warthog
jjk007 wrote:
PolyGoner wrote:
jayman567 wrote:
the BIG railgun is the gauss. The more versatile one would be with smaller, faster-firing ones like wiplash (anti-infantry/light vehicle-same charge rate as gauss, but with 2 guns gets 4 shots off...) and arclight (a bit slower than Gauss, but has heavy anti-armor capabilities)
Technically the Gauss Warthog does not have a railgun, it actually has a coilgun, in other words a "Gauss" gun.
Warthogs that give the same effect as weapon equips maybe? Like, jump on and get the same effect as picking up a nornfang. Can even be used for maybe a one time use overshield.

For variants;
I like the idea of a transport vehicle which would allow up to 5+ spartans for an early rush game. Would also make for a lot of fun outside the seriousness of it, I'd love to see teams just bring those bad boys out and just fly around the map with practically half the team in your warthog.
Warthogs that give the same effect as weapon equips maybe? Like, jump on and get the same effect as picking up a nornfang. Can even be used for maybe a one time use overshield.

For variants;
I like the idea of a transport vehicle which would allow up to 5+ spartans for an early rush game. Would also make for a lot of fun outside the seriousness of it, I'd love to see teams just bring those bad boys out and just fly around the map with practically half the team in your warthog.
A troop transport would be such a good way to rush a base. Imagine arriving in a hog fully loaded with Spartans, would look great.
I've been wanting a new type of Warthog for a while now, as in new gun not the Oni/Woodland variant.
I was thinking we could have a forerunner inspired one with the Splinter Turret mounted and a more silver, forerunner style design.
Any Hog ideas from you guys?
We don't need any more hogs but this would make a good idea for adding a new Forerunner vehicle. So far all we have is the Phaeton. Human wise they should add a human air vehicle, like the falcon. Make it hold two passengers for transport while the pilot operates a chaingun / missilepod that locks onto air only.
Transport Hog {2 REQs}
  • The old transport hogs (Not these new crappy Scouts), because it would be great if you spawned two of those and had everyone jump in and rush at the enemy while everybody is focusing down armored targets with assault rifles. :)
Locator Hog / Hunter Hog {7 REQs}
  • A target locator hog. The power of the old target locator :) If we added a Mammoth or an AI airbase just outside the map and then you could spawn the hog and raze their location. The only problem I see with this is that Halo has essentially no destructible cover and since all the bases are in buildings, the target locator would be almost useless. Maybe 343 could create a map that is a valley or a field, and have the bases be behind barrels or very weak cover. Then it would definitely scare the pants of the enemy team.
Support Hog {7 REQs}
  • Lots of other games have deployable cover. The problem with Halo is unless you are hiding behind a tank or a solid wall, if your cover is hit by an explosive it will either A go flying and expose you to enemy fire or B blow up in your face (Another two reasons as to why Scout Hogs have no purpose). Even if we just modified the Scouts like this it would be cool: Drive Warthog into battle with a passenger. Press [Insert button here] and get you and your friend ejected from the hog, while it deploys into a armored mobile base, with a little cute antenna sticking up where the turret would be. A REQ station pops up in the back for ammo and equipment (No vehicles though) This hog digs part of itself into the ground so it is unable to be flipped. You then hide behind the hog and lay suppressive fire down a couple of enemies while you friend spawns in a rocket launcher and finishes the poor peasants off. You hop back in the driver's seat and press [Insert button here] and it deploys back into a mobile Scout Hog. Time to drive of to the next field of battle. Your destiny awaits. (Sorry for the melodrama)
An mini tank would be awesome. Have a warthog that has treads like a scorpion and has customize able attachments
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 27