Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Anybody else depressed with infection?

OP son of a hydra

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
mdjamie wrote:
It's good if you're Human. If you're Infected, I wouldn't bother playing. You have a obvious green aura around you so it's pretty easy to spot an Infected and you take virtually no damage before dying - an AR even with its bad spread can drop you mid-range. For Humans it's easy, you pick up one of the light rifle and hide in the furthest corner of the map. I just finished my first game and the Humans had to go around killing the Infected but the Infected all stopped playing.
If the alpha zombies are decent, it's not hard for the zombies to quickly overrun the humans. The only map that had a camping issue for zombies was on the swampy rainy map (I forgot the name), other than that specific map infection is fun and balanced.
Yeah I started on the darkest map but this time I had Overgrowth and it was a lot of fun. There were soooo many ways for the zombies to jump us and it did jump me up a few times when I got caught out. The maps have been really well designed, very isolated and scary.
Its just okay. In my opinion they will soon need to buff/nerf one side because it favors survivors right now. Being a survivor is extremely fun, being an infected really blows. I liked being infected just as much in previous infection iterations. I just feel the infected are way too limited and linear to create interesting situations.
also the devs stated that the alpha zombie would have camo which it does. but at the same time it has this armor effect that essentially renders the camo useless
lol camp at the power weapons. When you get enough infected, start roaming. They have to move around for more ammo since they are limited.
There's nothing wrong with the AR as a starting weapon.

343 did that change because of the new magnum. It is way to powerful to be a starting weapong in infection.

In Halo 3, it was a starting weapon because you cant zoom and shoot at the same time with it.
In Halo Reach, you can zoom and shoot, but it was inconsistent sometimes.
In Halo 4 the magnum was really good, but the Flood could take a few shots to the head before dying.

So now in Halo 5, the magnum is basically pocket version of a BR. i'm pretty sure that if the magnum was a starting weapon in Infection, you wold be begging 343 to nerf it since day 1.

The power weapons around the map, well....why not? It can work both sides, humans will go to pick'em up, and zombies can wait for them to kill them. Thats what I do, and it never fails.

PS: First post :D
power weapons shouldnt be in infection. Also these maps are trash for this thrusting ADS sword garbage since every area is cramped with too many openings. Then complaining that the pistol would be too strong would be dumber than the people that think sprint is a positive addition. I killed a zombie across one of these maps with my AR in 4 bullets.
also the devs stated that the alpha zombie would have camo which it does. but at the same time it has this armor effect that essentially renders the camo useless
The camo is mainly used to be undetectable on radar. People heavily rely on the radar and that's how the alphas get you. In reach I stared that thing down when I was in a small room but now it makes it more intense because the alphas can't be seen.

Edit; it also makes it harder to red reticle them with the camo so it's all about you aiming and not the aim assist.
Really. ARs and power weapons. This is not infection. This is not halo. You disappointed me and many other people 343. Today is a sad day.
Make a custom variant and get a group together to play it.
The camo is mainly used to be undetectable on radar. People heavily rely on the radar and that's how the alphas get you. In reach I stared that thing down when I was in a small room but now it makes it more intense because the alphas can't be seen.
oh I never thought of it that way, I was deploying stealth tactics as the alpha and I never thought of that
My biggest problem in infection is the fact that zombies have thrusters. Thrusters should be swapped out for sprint.
Im enjoying it so far, maybe a little balance in some choke points are need it, and spawn camping with the hydra is a little OP in some maps.
So far Infection is ok, I thought it'd be more intense like Griffball. It does seem to favor Survivors as they have a variety of weapons including long range ones (sniper rifle). Plus as an Infected, I didn't like how mobility and speed was limited and how visible the armor was.
Lmao it's a lot of things but a scam really ain't it. It's still your choice to play and even to spend REQs. I got s bunch of cards I'll honestly never get to use cause I don't play enough sooooo it works!

Anyone that's plays and pays reqlesly (hahaha) isn't getting scammed they just.....playing themselves
Nope. I actually really like it so far.
I haven't gotten to play yet. Download was only at 10%
All I've noticed is stand on a high rock and snipe at infected. I've only played that one map before I lost connection and it kept failing to connect to servers. Are you sure this isn't memories of MCC?
guess you haven't played halo 3 infection.
My friends and I just played a custom game that mimicked Halo Reach mechanics (with pistol starts). It was -Yoinking!- terrible. Halo 5's infection is very fun and balanced. Even with power weapons available it's extremely difficult to last a long time.
It's the best infection yet (the maps, the movement and the energy sword are what make it awesome). Unfortuantely, their is a game-breaking bug in the mode. If you are a survivor and assassinate an infected spartan, you can take their energy sword and use it to get kills, even though you are not infected.
This infection is very fun. I already have 2 killionaires. Learn to adapt and you will have fun too :)
Hmm, seemingly I guess people were expecting an evolved form of infection. I obviously wasnt, That's alll good though, I'm happy for those of you who like it :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2