Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Anybody seen a Bronze level arena player?

OP Zmoolah

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
I mean no disrespect here, not trying to call out anybody for having too much or too little skill....with that being said has anybody ever seen a Bronze level player in arena?

I'm usually in the gold/platinum range (Here come the "you suck" comments) and routinely play with silvers, golds, platinums, diamonds, and onyx even with focused searches. Hooray for matchmaking right? But that's for a different thread.

But I never play against anybody who is bronze. There are none in my Spartan company or in any of those of my buddies. Two arena seasons ago I lost like 8 of my 10 qualifiers and it still put me as a silver 6. I'm not sure bronze is a real rank.

Anybody ranked as a bronze or seen a bronze in the Arena?
Haven't seen bronze in any gametype I have seen some silvers.basically the only way I see some1 getting a bronze is with 1 or 2 wins and a horrible kd
Lol no I haven't. My 9 year old daughter played a few games with me and she even ranked at gold.
Lol no I haven't. My 9 year old daughter played a few games with me and she even ranked at gold.
Right? I think bronze may be a fake rank level.
Zmoolah wrote:
Go in to 10 games and purposely do bad and make sure you lose and after all those games if u still don't get a bronze,then I guess it doesn't exist
Zmoolah wrote:
Go in to 10 games and purposely do bad and make sure you lose and after all those games if u still don't get a bronze,then I guess it doesn't exist
The only problem with that is you'd have to have a couple of other people with you to purposefully tank games. If you go in by yourself, there's a chance you can get matched up with good enough people to carry you to a few wins.

edit - I can use my wifes account so me and the OP need to get one more and go into the arena and just try and lose to see if we can get that elusive bronze rating everyone wants so badly lol.
Here, sir!

During the last season (June/July), I initially got ranked Bronze 5 in Arena Slayer. I took a short break, then the following weekend I jumped into a few Arena Slayer matches solo and quickly moved into the Silver range. Before the season ended last week, I had managed to peak at Gold 5.
That is what's called a smurf...
I got Bronze 1 right when the game launched. Hit Gold pretty quick. Intentionally tanked placements once but only dropped to silver.
In theory there should be a whole tier of bronze players. Tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of them. Or is this a giant bell curve where the number of bronze players and champion players are the same and that's why we can only find one or two.
I'm kinda bad at this game, yet I don't remember ever having played against a single Bronze.
I played a Slayer match towards the beginning of the June-July season where I was matched against a Spartan Company of three high-level diamonds and a bronze. I was only a platinum, so the matchmaking was completely out of whack for that one. But I have seen them; at least one exists.
Nope never seen one.
A friend of mine whom I like to play WZFF with ranked Bronze 5... So yeah it is possible. She has a difficult time tracking people as this is really the first shooter she's ever played.
I intentionally did bad in FFA on my smurf account. Made sure I was placing in last place every single game with 0 kills. Got put into Bronze 1 and as soon as I got placed in it, I was tearing through everyone. So yes, there are Bronze players.
I played a Slayer match towards the beginning of the June-July season where I was matched against a Spartan Company of three high-level diamonds and a bronze. I was only a platinum, so the matchmaking was completely out of whack for that one. But I have seen them; at least one exists.
They were using the bronze player to lower their matchup into a lower bracket. I've seen a lot of people using bronze level smurfs to do this.
I intentionally did bad in FFA on my smurf account. Made sure I was placing in last place every single game with 0 kills. Got put into Bronze 1 and as soon as I got placed in it, I tore everyone a new -Yoink-. So yes, there are Bronze players.
I intentionally did bad in FFA on my smurf account. Made sure I was placing in last place every single game with 0 kills. Got put into Bronze 1 and as soon as I got placed in it, I tore everyone a new -Yoink-. So yes, there are Bronze players.
But, that's not a "legit" bronze account to be honest.

edit - and, how many bronze players were you matched against? Was it mostly bronze or a mix of bronze, silver and gold?
The point was that I was playing against bronze players.
The point was that I was playing against bronze players.
I just edited in asking how many bronze players you got matched against lol.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10