Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Anybody seen a Bronze level arena player?

OP Zmoolah

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. ...
  8. 10
Sthammy wrote:
I intentionally did bad in FFA on my smurf account. Made sure I was placing in last place every single game with 0 kills. Got put into Bronze 1 and as soon as I got placed in it, I was tearing through everyone. So yes, there are Bronze players.
wow...
What? I don't always like to play competitively every single time I play Halo. Occasionally I like to chill and have a worry free match or two. Sorry you don't like it.
You are a vicious scrub
Sthammy wrote:
Sthammy wrote:
I intentionally did bad in FFA on my smurf account. Made sure I was placing in last place every single game with 0 kills. Got put into Bronze 1 and as soon as I got placed in it, I was tearing through everyone. So yes, there are Bronze players.
wow...
What? I don't always like to play competitively every single time I play Halo. Occasionally I like to chill and have a worry free match or two. Sorry you don't like it.
You are a vicious scrub
Problem? Lel.
I haven't seen anybody bronze in matchmaking. I might have seen some during the halo 5 beta, but I'm not sure.
I'm not a bronze myself, but one of my friends, who I play regularly with has been bronze several times.
I'm currently residing in Bronze for Team Arena. I enjoy climbing through the ranks.

I peaked at Gold 6 last season but with people constantly quitting, people trying to de-rank etc I didn't make it any higher. I know that if I want to make it higher I should play with a team but sometimes I don't get much time to play so i play solo. Admittedly i played like rubbish during qualifying.

I think I'm going to do the best I can on free for all. That will be a true indication of where I sit as a player.
Sthammy wrote:
wow...
Classy.

I have never understood the appeal of "de-ranking" like that. By comparison, I try to think back to when I was running track in college: would it really be fun to compete against elementary school runners? No, of course not.

You can get a lot of target practice in a worry-free match of Warzone Firefight.
Run5k wrote:
Sthammy wrote:
wow...
Classy.

I have never understood the appeal of "de-ranking" like that. By comparison, I try to think back to when I was running track in college: would it really be fun to compete against elementary school runners? No, of course not.

You can get find of target practice in a worry-free match of Warzone Firefight.
Don't tell me how to play the game. I play how I want to play it. If I want to play in a competitive free zone in my favorite playlist, I should be able to do it.
Run5k wrote:
Sthammy wrote:
wow...
Classy.

Don't tell me how to play the game. I play how I want to play it. If I want to play in a competitive free zone in my favorite playlist, I should be able to do it.
I hate to say this, but you kind of sound like those people that whine about SBMM in Destiny.
Run5k wrote:
Sthammy wrote:
wow...
Classy.

I hate to say this, but you kind of sound like those people that whine about SBMM in Destiny.
Never have complained about SBMM in any game. What's so wrong about not wanting to play against people your skill level every once in a while?
Run5k wrote:
Sthammy wrote:
wow...
Classy.

Never have complained about SBMM in any game. What's so wrong about not wanting to play against people your skill level every once in a while?
Because it's not fair to the people that are having to go against you. And the whole point of Halo is it's supposed to be a fair fight where everyone is matched up based on their skill level and the best team wins. You doing things to purposely derank yourself so you don't have to play people that you should be put up against in the Arena is pretty much the same thing as cheating. In my opinion anyways.
Run5k wrote:
Sthammy wrote:
wow...
Classy.

Because it's not fair to the people that are having to go against you. And the whole point of Halo is it's supposed to be a fair fight where everyone is matched up based on their skill level and the best team wins. You doing things to purposely derank yourself so you don't have to play people that you should be put up against in the Arena is pretty much the same thing as cheating. In my opinion anyways.
But not everyone wants to be competitive every single time they play Halo. Not everyone likes going into BTB and Warzone to get their social fix. Back in the days of Halo 3 you at least had the option of playing all the same playlists that were in ranked to also be played in social without worrying about rank or MMR being a factor. Halo 5 doesn't offer a social FFA playlist. I mainly play solo because none of friends play Halo anymore and also FFA has been my favorite playlist since H2.
Run5k wrote:
Sthammy wrote:
wow...
Classy.

But not everyone wants to be competitive every single time they play Halo. Not everyone likes going into BTB and Warzone to get their social fix. Back in the days of Halo 3 you at least had the option of playing all the same playlists that were in ranked to also be played in social without worrying about rank or MMR being a factor. Halo 5 doesn't offer a social FFA playlist. I mainly play solo because none of friends play Halo anymore and also FFA has been my favorite playlist since H2.
While I do agree with you that there should be more social playlist options than we have, I still think what you talk about doing is unsporting as hell. And on top of it, its kind of selfish. You're pretty much ruining the game for whoever you get matched up against just to guarantee yourself some easy wins. If I worked for 343 and I could prove someone was doing the stuff you talk about doing, I'd ban you. For a long, long time.
While I do agree with you that there should be more social playlist options than we have, I still think what you talk about doing is unsporting as hell. And on top of it, its kind of selfish. You're pretty much ruining the game for whoever you get matched up against just to guarantee yourself some easy wins. If I worked for 343 and I could prove someone was doing the stuff you talk about doing, I'd ban you. For a long, long time.
Exactly! The fact that someone who is actually ranked Champion #59 in FFA would do this is above and beyond condescending.
lLockout wrote:
For anyone who has never seen the epitome of Bronze level Gameplay
That's hilarious
Run5k wrote:
Exactly! The fact that someone who is actually ranked Champion #59 in FFA would do this is above and beyond condescending.
The game won't let you place very far below where you ended last season anyway. Example: I placed Platinum 3 in Team Arena, won 5/5 with .68 k/d. I placed Gold 2 in Slayer, won 5/5 with a 1.3 k/d. Why did it rank me higher in team arena with worse stats? Because I have peaked at diamond in team arena and only platinum in slayer. I tanked placements in slayer one season and fell to Silver. Seasons and placements are kinda pointless. They clearly lock you in to a certain range. You can go up, but not too much down.
The game won't let you place very far below where you ended last season anyway. ... They clearly lock you in to a certain range. You can go up, but not too much down.
Good points and I have noticed the same tendencies, but from my perspective that means that the MMR system is working as designed.

Once again, the fact that someone who is ranked within the top 100 FFA players in the world would devote the time and effort to create a smurf account simply to abuse the lowest ranking players is extremely condescending and self-righteous.
Run5k wrote:
The game won't let you place very far below where you ended last season anyway. ... They clearly lock you in to a certain range. You can go up, but not too much down.
Good points and I have noticed the same tendencies, but from my perspective that means that the MMR system is working as designed.

Once again, the fact that someone who is ranked within the top 100 FFA players in the world would devote the time and effort to create a smurf account simply to abuse the lowest ranking players is extremely condescending and self-righteous.
I'm not condescending or self-righteous at all though. You seem to want to quickly assume who I am as a person when you know nothing about me. When I made the second account I had the intentions of going into games to take a break from playing competitively for a change. Nothing wrong with that. And the people I did go up against, I have never matched up with those people ever again. Played them once and that was that. I'm sure they went on to their next game and completely forgot about the last game they just played.

You also seem to assume that I want to win every single game I play when I go into a game against low level players. This is also false. I like to have fun and goof around when I play. I make stupid challenges for myself. Use only sticky nades, come up with more ways of juking people, different strategies, hiding spots, try to ninja the whole game, etc. Most of the time those games end up having someone else win them. Do I care? Of course not.

Now do I goof around all the time? Of course not. I also just like to win a few games here and there but it's all in good fun. Most of the time I have players send me messages telling me I'm really good and add me as a friend. Never have gotten someone mad at me for it. No harm no foul. At the end of the day it's just a game so chill out with the dramatic comments.
kobiquil wrote:
Magnyss wrote:
kobiquil wrote:
Magnyss wrote:
Zmoolah wrote:
I mean no disrespect here, not trying to call out anybody for having too much or too little skill....with that being said has anybody ever seen a Bronze level player in arena?

I'm usually in the gold/platinum range (Here come the "you suck" comments) and routinely play with silvers, golds, platinums, diamonds, and onyx even with focused searches. Hooray for matchmaking right? But that's for a different thread.

But I never play against anybody who is bronze. There are none in my Spartan company or in any of those of my buddies. Two arena seasons ago I lost like 8 of my 10 qualifiers and it still put me as a silver 6. I'm not sure bronze is a real rank.

Anybody ranked as a bronze or seen a bronze in the Arena?
Okay, I'll put this one to bed.
I AM A BRONZE RANKED PLAYER. I usually end up ranked Bronze, because my K/D is quite poor, and I don't play well with others. I would like to be better, and do try when I am online, but I live in a Bronze world.
Here come the 'git guds.'
Go for it.
Story of my LIFE.
Meaning... you're in the same Bronze-colored boat, and you get a lot of 'git guds' from other well-meaning but frustratingly more-skilled players whom it seems to 'come easy' to? However, somehow I have fun, somehow, and I come back, I don't know how but I have fun. Especially on the rare occasion where I get above a .8 k/d.
I'll edit your statement a bit.
Just to clarify; your words.
Yeah once. Honestly there should be ranks below that....like Wood or Dirt.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. ...
  8. 10