Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Anybody seen a Bronze level arena player?

OP Zmoolah

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. ...
  7. 10
I haven't seen any Bronze Rank players.
You also seem to assume that I want to win every single game I play when I go into a game against low level players. This is also false. I like to have fun and goof around when I play. I make stupid challenges for myself. Use only sticky nades, come up with more ways of juking people, different strategies, hiding spots, try to ninja the whole game, etc. Most of the time those games end up having someone else win them. Do I care? Of course not.
If these scenarios are actually true, then I sincerely apologize... I prematurely jumped to conclusions.

In my defense, I am a very mediocre player myself and finished the most recent season as a Platinum 3 in FFA. But during my journeys through the ranked FFA playlist throughout the last few months, I have encountered far too many people who were obviously using smurf accounts and were much more ruthless than you are: single-digit SR gamertags that finish the match 25-4, etc. That causes the game to end much earlier than it should, essentially ruining the match for those of us who are genuine Gold and Platinum-level competitors.
Bronze players are still around.
I've been bronze last season I ranked from bronze 3 to platinum 2
you can be if you tank the first 10 matches
My friend receive bronze. We was amazed because he did it 18+ kills almost every game.
Run5k wrote:
I intentionally did bad in FFA on my smurf account. Made sure I was placing in last place every single game with 0 kills. Got put into Bronze 1 and as soon as I got placed in it, I was tearing through everyone. So yes, there are Bronze players.
Sthammy wrote:
wow...
What? I don't always like to play competitively every single time I play Halo. Occasionally I like to chill and have a worry free match or two. Sorry you don't like it.
Classy.

I have never understood the appeal of "de-ranking" like that. By comparison, I try to think back to when I was running track in college: would it really be fun to compete against elementary school runners? No, of course not.

You can get find of target practice in a worry-free match of Warzone Firefight.
Don't tell me how to play the game. I play how I want to play it. If I want to play in a competitive free zone in my favorite playlist, I should be able to do it.
I hate to say this, but you kind of sound like those people that whine about SBMM in Destiny.
Never have complained about SBMM in any game. What's so wrong about not wanting to play against people your skill level every once in a while?
So here's my thing: I'm with you on this, but also not with you on this and here's what I mean:

90% of the time I play H5, I'm playing to sweat. Sure, I guess you could say I'm a try hard. That's just how I like to play. That's how I have fun with video games. If I didnt play to win and play well, I would just take up a new hobby. But that does get exhausting at times, so yes, I often want to play casually and not be playing a bunch of people sweatin just as hard as I usually do. That's why I have a secondary account as well... But it's ranked mid platinum.

In my opinion there's a big difference between smurfing in Bronze, and just having a secondary account that's a lower rank than your main account. I've tried smurfing once, and it made me feel dirty. I got ranked silver in FFA and just slaughtered everyone. After about a game and a half I decided smurfing wasn't for me, so I stopped.

On one end, many of these Bronze players are either 5 years old, brand new to Halo, brand new to console FPS entirely, or just very bad at Halo (no offense to any legit bronzes out there, just keep playing and learning everything you can and you'll get better!). Its like an NFL player playing against a bunch of middle school football kids. So is it really a way to play for fun without having to worry about your rank or having to try hard? Or is it a little bit overkill to play against people you can mindlessly beat while only playing half the game?

On the other hand, think about the people who ended up on the wrong end of your smurf account... Some of them might not understand what just happened and simply think "wow that guy had a good game!", but believe me there are other who are sick of smurfs ruining their games when they're trying to rank up and get better at Halo. Yes you get better by playing better players than yourself, but only to a certain extent. There's a point where someone is far better at the game to where you can't actually "learn" from them. It's gotta be so discouraging to be trying to improve your game and get out of bronze, but get the brakes beat off of you by a smurf. Yeah, ranking up to silver might be a joke to you, but to them it may be a big accomplishment for them. If you care about the future of Halo, and younger generations learning the ropes of how to play it, you'll stop smurfing, and at least have a secondary that's ranked at a level to where the players aren't extremely far off from your skill level. Your games will still be easier, but it won't be a massacre where you're ruining the fun for others who haven't quite figured the game out yet.

But maybe you don't care about any that and you'd rather just get a couple killtrocities at the expense of others. And if that's the case, I can't really say anything to change your mind.
Zmoolah wrote:
I mean no disrespect here, not trying to call out anybody for having too much or too little skill....with that being said has anybody ever seen a Bronze level player in arena?

I'm usually in the gold/platinum range (Here come the "you suck" comments) and routinely play with silvers, golds, platinums, diamonds, and onyx even with focused searches. Hooray for matchmaking right? But that's for a different thread.

But I never play against anybody who is bronze. There are none in my Spartan company or in any of those of my buddies. Two arena seasons ago I lost like 8 of my 10 qualifiers and it still put me as a silver 6. I'm not sure bronze is a real rank.

Anybody ranked as a bronze or seen a bronze in the Arena?
My friend was bronze 1 in breakout once, it was just kindve sad
lLockout wrote:
Run5k wrote:
I intentionally did bad in FFA on my smurf account. Made sure I was placing in last place every single game with 0 kills. Got put into Bronze 1 and as soon as I got placed in it, I was tearing through everyone. So yes, there are Bronze players.
Sthammy wrote:
wow...
What? I don't always like to play competitively every single time I play Halo. Occasionally I like to chill and have a worry free match or two. Sorry you don't like it.
Classy.

I have never understood the appeal of "de-ranking" like that. By comparison, I try to think back to when I was running track in college: would it really be fun to compete against elementary school runners? No, of course not.

Don't tell me how to play the game. I play how I want to play it. If I want to play in a competitive free zone in my favorite playlist, I should be able to do it.
I hate to say this, but you kind of sound like those people that whine about SBMM in Destiny.
Never have complained about SBMM in any game. What's so wrong about not wanting to play against people your skill level every once in a while?
So here's my thing: I'm with you on this, but also not with you on this and here's what I mean:

90% of the time I play H5, I'm playing to sweat. Sure, I guess you could say I'm a try hard. That's just how I like to play. That's how I have fun with video games. If I didnt play to win and play well, I would just take up a new hobby. But that does get exhausting at times, so yes, I often want to play casually and not be playing a bunch of people sweatin just as hard as I usually do. That's why I have a secondary account as well... But it's ranked mid platinum.

In my opinion there's a big difference between smurfing in Bronze, and just having a secondary account that's a lower rank than your main account. I've tried smurfing once, and it made me feel dirty. I got ranked silver in FFA and just slaughtered everyone. After about a game and a half I decided smurfing wasn't for me, so I stopped.

On one end, many of these Bronze players are either 5 years old, brand new to Halo, brand new to console FPS entirely, or just very bad at Halo (no offense to any legit bronzes out there, just keep playing and learning everything you can and you'll get better!). Its like an NFL player playing against a bunch of middle school football kids. So is it really a way to play for fun without having to worry about your rank or having to try hard? Or is it a little bit overkill to play against people you can mindlessly beat while only playing half the game?

On the other hand, think about the people who ended up on the wrong end of your smurf account... Some of them might not understand what just happened and simply think "wow that guy had a good game!", but believe me there are other who are sick of smurfs ruining their games when they're trying to rank up and get better at Halo. Yes you get better by playing better players than yourself, but only to a certain extent. There's a point where someone is far better at the game to where you can't actually "learn" from them. It's gotta be so discouraging to be trying to improve your game and get out of bronze, but get the brakes beat off of you by a smurf. Yeah, ranking up to silver might be a joke to you, but to them it may be a big accomplishment for them. If you care about the future of Halo, and younger generations learning the ropes of how to play it, you'll stop smurfing, and at least have a secondary that's ranked at a level to where the players aren't extremely far off from your skill level. Your games will still be easier, but it won't be a massacre where you're ruining the fun for others who haven't quite figured the game out yet.

But maybe you don't care about any that and you'd rather just get a couple killtrocities at the expense of others. And if that's the case, I can't really say anything to change your mind.
Really well said ILockout. I agree that it's important to consider how our actions effect others both within and outside of H5. I really hadn't put much thought into smurf accounts but your arguments here are compelling.
Zmoolah wrote:
lLockout wrote:
Run5k wrote:
Sthammy wrote:
wow...
Classy.

Really well said ILockout. I agree that it's important to consider how our actions effect others both within and outside of H5. I really hadn't put much thought into smurf accounts but your arguments here are compelling.
Thanks dude!! Just something I kinda started feeing convicted about after a few games of smurfing. Personally, in fine with people having a secondary account to either 1. Not have to worry so much about winning/losing for those times that they don't wanna be too serious or 2. Play with lower ranked Friends since there's no permenant social slayer playlist.

There is just that "line" in my opinion that crosses over into smurfing and negatively affecting the community. I'm generally an onyx player, but still have played many diamonds and some platinums who give me a challenge, and my lower ranked friends are in platinum, so I just feel better about it cause I know I'm at least playing against established Halo players, and not making some new guys experience completely miserable.

I'm glad you heard me out, my dude!!

cheers!
I'm bronze :-(
My girlfriend used to be a bronze 3. But she is now a silver league. They are out there.
I don't get why bronze players never get put in my game on diamond nearly every one is onyx and champion. I don't see people below me much just above me.
I am a bronze. This is my first ever FPS so I am a big noob.
yes, I have. My gf :3
I don't get why bronze players never get put in my game on diamond nearly every one is onyx and champion. I don't see people below me much just above me.
Same lol. If those champions can have a easy time against me and my team full of randoms why can't i have a fun time against golds every now and then ?
Most of the time when i match with lower ranks than me (which is rare), then they're smurf accounts actually being onyx.
Same lol. If those champions can have a easy time against me and my team full of randoms why can't i have a fun time against golds every now and then ?
Most of the time when i match with lower ranks than me (which is rare), then they're smurf accounts actually being onyx.
Occasionally though I have seen some champions that aren't that good as if they were gold.
Occasionally though I have seen some champions that aren't that good as if they were gold.
Lucky you.
Lucky you.
Yeah! Only seen a few champion players (not counting smurfs) and they were all killing monsters! Lol
I had bronze one season in Breakout when I won 7 of 10 matches. That same month I was diamond in FFA wich is the highest I've ever been and didn't even play that well lol
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. ...
  7. 10