Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Anyone else find alpha infected tad over powered?

OP Sami theFerrous

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. ...
  8. 10
Honestly, this infection is quite well balanced
theres that B word again
Nope Alpha Zombies are easy to see due to the pestilence effect and easy to kill with there low amount of health, if anything needs changing its probably some map layouts in my opinion.
Game seems pretty well balanced to me.
The fact that the alpha infected have perfect camo leading to no aim assist and don't show up on radar when not thrusting makes them tad OP in my opinion.
This mechanic then forces the game into bit of a campfest when spartan's are almost completely defenceless when on the move. I myself would like to move a bit around the map but even in the most open areas you get camped or completely blind sided by an alpha infected.
What I think would bring enoug balance is that the alpha infected either show on radar normally or the aim assist would kick in more easily. For example the aim assist could be distance determinded so that on close range (aka swor lunge range) the camo wouldn't take aim assist away.
The countless deaths I've encountered just because an alpha stays crouched even though I've already spotted it and try desperately to move the reticule with subtelty and precision of a surgeon only to sweep over...

Thoughts?
well they r one shot so aim assist is not needed, and they are not invisible when they r moving and even when they are still, them not showing up on the radar gives them the chance in the beginning, the thing that is OP are spartans who camp and blockade places on R.I.P Tide and that map with the underground area with boxes. I usually move around the map and I am fine, it makes the game more fun because you have to look franticly around yourself so somebody does not sneak up on you, in my opinion halo 5 has almost mastered infection.
I think it is a great idea for Alphas to have some sort of advantage in the beginning. Once more players get infected though, they should tone down the Alphas to regular infected once they die and respawn. It will make the game more intense and would cause the Alphas to actually think about what they are doing and take their time like the others.
disagree
Paventare wrote:
I think it is a great idea for Alphas to have some sort of advantage in the beginning. Once more players get infected though, they should tone down the Alphas to regular infected once they die and respawn. It will make the game more intense and would cause the Alphas to actually think about what they are doing and take their time like the others.
the alphas already do have to think and take their time...just because the alphas are more powerful than the regular infected doesnt actually make the alpha infected more powerful...maybe if your running around like a chicken with its head cut off the alphas may be annoying because they can hide easier....but keep in mind the only reason they sometimes have to do that is because they are so weak to begin with...i think if players just had a shotgun at the start instead of a shotgun and an AR (which has ridiculous range and power in infection) it might encourage people to move around instead of camping in some ridiculous spot with ridiculous sight lines
I think it's pretty good the way it is
I personally think it was one of the very wise decisions 343i made when they brought the mode back. In the past it was way too easy to kill Alphas, but now they are enemies to be feared; you need to keep your eyes peeled in order to survive.
I like zombies the way it is. Alpha angers me from time to time simply because they don't show up on radar. That's my only issue (occasionally) but they need that to even come close to killing you. It needs to be fair somehow. I mean, you can just mow zombies down no issue.

When Im an alpha, it is so easy to get conversions
The fact that the alpha infected have perfect camo leading to no aim assist and don't show up on radar when not thrusting makes them tad OP in my opinion.
This mechanic then forces the game into bit of a campfest when spartan's are almost completely defenceless when on the move. I myself would like to move a bit around the map but even in the most open areas you get camped or completely blind sided by an alpha infected.
What I think would bring enoug balance is that the alpha infected either show on radar normally or the aim assist would kick in more easily. For example the aim assist could be distance determinded so that on close range (aka swor lunge range) the camo wouldn't take aim assist away.
The countless deaths I've encountered just because an alpha stays crouched even though I've already spotted it and try desperately to move the reticule with subtelty and precision of a surgeon only to sweep over...

Thoughts?
Kind of ironic really...I don't think Zombies or Players should have any radar or aim assist. It should be simply shot-guns and swords only, it literally makes no sense why they'd give everyone power weapons.
dude the camo isn't even an issue because of the armor effect and aren't really that hard to kill either,I also got my first infection killionaire yesterday!
dude the camo isn't even an issue because of the armor effect and aren't really that hard to kill either,I also got my first infection killionaire yesterday!
Exactly. It's super easy to spot them, if you're paying attention.
Tron2121 wrote:
I think it's pretty good the way it is
^ Dis.
No, if anything they need a first kill buff.
I'm not a fan of Infection never been.
I can get around the map perfectly fine, it just comes down to skill, i can run around the map and req everything i dont camp, the alpha infected are perfectly balanced.
I am finding humans op if anything....the whole AR shotty start is unforgiving.
But Imagine if humans used magnums instead of AR...
Minebro77 wrote:
I am finding humans op if anything....the whole AR shotty start is unforgiving.
But Imagine if humans used magnums instead of AR...
that doesnt make what he said untrue...AR is powerful as it is...the smart scope makes it ridiculous
lol the infected are underpower in my opinion
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. ...
  8. 10