Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Anyone else get really bad teammates in Social?

OP TheStupidPolice

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Volize wrote:
Warzone and BTB give me the most ridiculous teammates. It’s been like that since 2017 :(
The bigger the team size, the more dangerous it is.
GYS GHOST wrote:
then 8 games always against the usual 6 champions and 2 diamonds and my random team is never enough strong to beat them when i play in solo lobby.
Yeah, it's pretty annoying and the population is so low that you either match them or you don't get a game. I wouldn't be surprised if they're contributing to killing the playlist.
I have seen that when I play during the morning my teammates are very bad in social and ff. Once I was playing husky with 3 friends and the dude they put on my team only killed 2 dudes with 248 damage all 10 minutes game. And when I want to play husky with 4 friends it never find game or we need to wait like 5-7 minutes. Population is very low 😢
To start this out, I understand that not everyone is a God at video games. I get it, we all start somewhere. This post isn't here to bash new players for being at a skill level lower than veteran Halo gamers. Not everyone has hours every day to hone their skills, or the desire play competitive either. Rather, I'm making this post to question why I keep getting paired with veteran Halo players that play significantly worse than most legit newbies. We're talking SR100+ players who get 2 kills and die like 13-20 times. Sure, sometimes we have bad matches. It happens. But with the limited pool of remaining Halo 5 players, I can't help but notice just how consistently I get matched with people who I would actually have an easier time winning without. I have had a bare minimum of 10 matches where I went 30+ kills and less than 5 deaths, but still lost because the level 149 on my team cannot get a kill to save their life. It feels like I'm stuck playing with a legit handicap. Meanwhile, of course, the enemy team is made up of people who are all a quarter of their rank with 1000x the skill. Is there some sort of secret ranking system in Social Arena that I don't know about? Does anyone else have this problem? Not to mention, many of these players are quite toxic. They won't say anything at all when you carry the whole team to victory, but if they get matched against you with a 3 man team of Achilles ultra-tryhards, they will talk a ridiculous amount of trash when they win! What's more, it's really frustrating when you keep getting matched with these people time and time again. Today I had a dude (SR150) on my team in Anniversary four times in a row against randoms. Not a pre-made squad, but just randoms. I doubt that he got more than 6 kills for all four matches, but he probably died at least 13 times each game. When I looked at his Service Record, the guy had been playing Arena for a total of 50 days. I don't even have half of that time logged, but somehow this guy had scores that were basically the reverse of mine the whole time. It's not their internet, it's the fact that they are essentially armored bags of flour that you have to haul to victory. I honestly think that these types of teammates are worse than enemies. It's easy enough to crush one extra player on the enemy team, but it's another thing when you've got a score-hemorrhaging missile aimed right at you. Surely this can't be fun for them either. Who enjoys losing game after game while simultaneously winning the "worst player in the lobby" award? Maybe I am the only person who experiences this, but I'd love to know if this ain't just happening to me!

Thanks.
I have this experience when the rock-and-rail rotational playlist comes up. I get top of the team probably 49-50 matches, usually by a factor of 2 or 3 times the #2 guy, but there is always the guy at the bottom of my team going 2-30 I genuinely believe that If i could solo play rock-and-rail. I would only lose one game in every two or three hundred, but I just can't carry my the weight of 3 teammates around, and my w/l in that game mode is only around 90% because of it.
Is worst in ranked
Find a squad to play with, problem solved.
In BTB ranked there are 4,256 tracking players :
  • Champions:
  • 112 PLAYERS
  • 2.6%
  • Bronze:
  • 4 PLAYERS
  • 0.1% .
Apparently it is more difficult to become bronze than champion lol.
Congratulations for the 4 players.[44 players
1.0% also are silvers](by halo tracker).
Over four thousand players and it seems like I match with less than fifty of them on a daily basis lol.
I went 27/8. Nezt person was 10/9... I'm done with team games I'm sick of carrying.
Guys i find people with "no hands" everywhere, and seriously i find them also in Wz ff heroic, and sometimes we lose the game. After that i have no other to say.
It could be that they used to play a lot and just decided to return. This is exactly what I'm going through, except I'm that bottom player. I used to be decent at the game at one point in time. Not super above average but not below average. A solid average player. (At least I'd like to think so.)

Took time off...all I do is work, exercise and spend time with my family. I came back to the game and jesus christ...it's like my thumbs fell off man....even my hands hurt after a few matches...maybe I'm just...feeling the wear and tear on my body and my age finally...idk

But honestly. It sucks. There's not much to enjoy right now. I used to look forward to playing video games (especially halo) but these days all I do is get annoyed and upset at how bad I've become at them for taking a break. I don't think people deliberately suck. It's usually not their intention. I know it's not mine. However...for me...man this whole experience has just made me throw in the towel. I definitely hate to think each team I've been on basically has a person that feels like you on account of how bad I played. I think today was my last match of halo. None of my old friends play halo let alone video games anymore. They're no longer friends anyways...more like strangers. Getting old sucks...

My advice....which has probably been said before. Nothing new. Find people to play with. It makes even a losing experience feel fun with the right people...plus...you can probably figure if they're decent players through here and if they're as actively playing as you are.
It could be that they used to play a lot and just decided to return. This is exactly what I'm going through, except I'm that bottom player. I used to be decent at the game at one point in time. Not super above average but not below average. A solid average player. (At least I'd like to think so.)

Took time off...all I do is work, exercise and spend time with my family. I came back to the game and jesus christ...it's like my thumbs fell off man....even my hands hurt after a few matches...maybe I'm just...feeling the wear and tear on my body and my age finally...idk

But honestly. It sucks. There's not much to enjoy right now. I used to look forward to playing video games (especially halo) but these days all I do is get annoyed and upset at how bad I've become at them for taking a break. I don't think people deliberately suck. It's usually not their intention. I know it's not mine. However...for me...man this whole experience has just made me throw in the towel. I definitely hate to think each team I've been on basically has a person that feels like you on account of how bad I played. I think today was my last match of halo. None of my old friends play halo let alone video games anymore. They're no longer friends anyways...more like strangers. Getting old sucks...

My advice....which has probably been said before. Nothing new. Find people to play with. It makes even a losing experience feel fun with the right people...plus...you can probably figure if they're decent players through here and if they're as actively playing as you are.
If you've put in the hours, there's no good reason to stop now. You do realize that your overall K/D is positive, right? I came back to Halo after 2 whole years away. Got my rear end kicked for a solid month, but I kept at it. All of my friends had gone as well. Get on mic, play matches, make jokes, and you'll soon see that the game ain't so bad. Even when you're playing poorly, it's not gonna be as wrenching if you can bring some entertainment into the game. Abandoning ship because of a rough patch isn't logical, there ARE still fun games to be had. We need more people in rotation to combat the types of folks that I am talking about. The people that this post is dedicated to are "veterans" of Halo, but they sure as sh** don't acknowledge their deteriorated/lacking attitude and skill. They were never good, and they'll never be good because they don't see their losses as a failure on their part. They've tricked themselves into believing that they are the best, and anyone who beats them (which is most people with thumbs) is just hacking.
Mess with your sensitivity, practice the game, find new friends, and go pig shank those toxic little turds in Infinite. I know I will!
I'll be honest, i'm SR 149, and I sometimes play matches like an SR 149 does, but sometimes I look at my performance and wonder if me and the guy in last are really the same person. When my teammates play poorly, and I play well, it really grates on my nerves. I've had teams of 140's and 150's and lost to smurf accounts. The problem isn't always the person next to you, sometimes it's the person who's on the other side, about to hide that Max rank and Achiiles behind a wall of low level and recruit armor. I'm not even posting about bad teammates. You want bad teammates? Play games where teamkill is ON. Grifball is great, apart from when I played a match and could confirm that my teammates had more kills on me then the enemy team did, and that's really, really sad. Another thing is in gamemodes like Swat or husky raid, where an AFK teammate can be the difference between winning and losing, and they may be good, but they're not proving that they are, because they're afk.
If you're bad, it makes me sad. If you're afk, it ruins my day.
-Globex Silenced

If you've put in the hours, there's no good reason to stop now. You do realize that your overall K/D is positive, right? I came back to Halo after 2 whole years away. Got my rear end kicked for a solid month, but I kept at it. All of my friends had gone as well. Get on mic, play matches, make jokes, and you'll soon see that the game ain't so bad. Even when you're playing poorly, it's not gonna be as wrenching if you can bring some entertainment into the game. Abandoning ship because of a rough patch isn't logical, there ARE still fun games to be had. We need more people in rotation to combat the types of folks that I am talking about. The people that this post is dedicated to are "veterans" of Halo, but they sure as sh** don't acknowledge their deteriorated/lacking attitude and skill. They were never good, and they'll never be good because they don't see their losses as a failure on their part. They've tricked themselves into believing that they are the best, and anyone who beats them (which is most people with thumbs) is just hacking.
Mess with your sensitivity, practice the game, find new friends, and go pig shank those toxic little turds in Infinite. I know I will!
The problem is that when you only got an hour to a few hours a week to get on...man....spending it yelling into a monitor over a video game just isn't worth it bro lol. Part of me wanted to continue to still have the gears well oiled for when halo infinite comes out...but part of me feels like infinite is going to be disappointing in it's game play.

Only reason I say that is cause that's where the big divide is within the community. (Aside from campaign issues.) The whole...spartan abilities, sprint, etc. How much different will the next one be? Will it revert back TOO much to where those who like halo 5s feel won't like it? Or will they add some craziness to where pressing downright fierce makes our spartan shout shoryuken! And instantly kills any nearby spartan!

Man who knows. Do I really wanna spend another few years yelling into my monitor? Haha
Dude ive been unable to get into a game
nateking45 wrote:
Same lol, unless I search ODST Slayer or something.
omarlotrc wrote:
nateking45 wrote:
Same lol, unless I search its crazy
nateking45 wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
nateking45 wrote:
Huh? I'm not sure what you meant to say there.
X19Doug95 wrote:
I went 27/8. Nezt person was 10/9... I'm done with team games I'm sick of carrying.
10/9 sounds like a decent ratio to me. Usually what bothers me, is seeing someone go 3/15. A lot of games I have to wonder if we could win, by removing the weakest link. The solo queue will forever be a crapshoot, there will always be someone having a bad game or they just can't compete.
omarlotrc wrote:
nateking45 wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
nateking45 wrote:
Huh? I'm not sure what you meant to say there.
I dont know what i meant to say there if im being honest XD
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3