Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Anyone else get really bad teammates in Social?

OP TheStupidPolice

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
X19Doug95 wrote:
I went 27/8. Nezt person was 10/9... I'm done with team games I'm sick of carrying.
10/9 sounds like a decent ratio to me. Usually what bothers me, is seeing someone go 3/15. A lot of games I have to wonder if we could win, by removing the weakest link. The solo queue will forever be a crapshoot, there will always be someone having a bad game or they just can't compete.
I had a teammate who went 0 and 15 a while ago. In case you're wondering, they weren't AFK.
nateking45 wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
nateking45 wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
nateking45 wrote:
Dude ive been unable to get into a game
Same lol, unless I search its crazy
Huh? I'm not sure what you meant to say there.
I dont know what i meant to say there if im being honest XD
Lol.
omarlotrc wrote:
X19Doug95 wrote:
I had a teammate who went 0 and 15 a while ago. In case you're wondering, they weren't AFK.
Probably me ... read this.

I want to play games with objectives - Slayer bores the shot out me but i don't get the option to NOT play it in Team Arena .

Then in Social :
Quick Play - slayer
Super Fiesta - slayer
BT super fiesta - slayer
Husky Raid - meant to be CTF but 2 out of 3 games the team plays Defend The Flag so effectively ends up as Slayer
ODST Slayer ...
Ann'y Throwback ...
Infection - slayer

The problem lies with the pathetic Matchmaking functionality and sooo many players putting KD first.
vengeant wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
X19Doug95 wrote:
Probably me ... read this.

I want to play games with objectives - Slayer bores the shot out me but i don't get the option to NOT play it in Team Arena .

Then in Social :
Quick Play - slayer
Super Fiesta - slayer
BT super fiesta - slayer
Husky Raid - meant to be CTF but 2 out of 3 games the team plays Defend The Flag so effectively ends up as Slayer
ODST Slayer ...
Ann'y Throwback ...
Infection - slayer

The problem lies with the pathetic Matchmaking functionality and sooo many players putting KD first.
I promise you that the teammate I speak of is not you. I believe they were very, very young.

I really think Halo 5 could have benefited from a Match Composer like the one in MCC so that players didn't have to play modes they didn't like.
omarlotrc wrote:
vengeant wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
X19Doug95 wrote:
I promise you that the teammate I speak of is not you. I believe they were very, very young.

I don't suppose the person that you're referring to is a squeaker with a name like (something)Osprey(#)? Because I came across that squeaky team-killing little sack of -REDACTED- last week. Went suuuuper negative and laughed about betraying. Heard him screaming about me putting the hurt on him when the teams changed. I assassinated and teabagged that little twerp until he rage quit. Then, like ten minutes later, I see his emblem pop up in matchmaking again on the enemy team. After the game, he was literally crying about how I was hacking. I think I assassinated him AT LEAST 6 times that game. So, if that was the kid you're talking about, know that he got real familiar with all 104 Ways to Die. Haha.
omarlotrc wrote:
Generally i get the feeling that the average age on console is significantly lower than on PC and contributes a lot of the crep that happens in games. A lot of PC players (including me) build their own rig, so get more involved. The additional expense also keeps the "dont-give-a-feck" players at bay.

omarlotrc wrote:
I really think Halo 5 could have benefited from a Match Composer like the one in MCC so that players didn't have to play modes they didn't like.
Absolutely agree, other options could include server locale: i get a lot of latency issues.
This drove me nuts when I was going for the Targetmaster skins. I'd have teammates who went, and I'm not exaggerating here, 1-20 or 2-25 and so on. It was incredibly frustrating. Blocking them didn't work, so I'd be stuck with them again at some point or another. It's like their contribution was so meaningless that our team would have been miles better off without that player. It wasn't like the other team would also get a useless player like that either, so it was basically an automatic win for the other team thanks to one feeder on ours. I observed them too and they were not even trying to do well or play the game properly. That affected my enjoyment of the game and many others on the same team as me.
tuhin94 wrote:
This drove me nuts when I was going for the Targetmaster skins. I'd have teammates who went, and I'm not exaggerating here, 1-20 or 2-25 and so on. It was incredibly frustrating. Blocking them didn't work, so I'd be stuck with them again at some point or another. It's like their contribution was so meaningless that our team would have been miles better off without that player. It wasn't like the other team would also get a useless player like that either, so it was basically an automatic win for the other team thanks to one feeder on ours. I observed them too and they were not even trying to do well or play the game properly. That affected my enjoyment of the game and many others on the same team as me.
Haha. I unlocked the Targetmaster skins a long time ago, but the problem is definitely understandable. I've discovered that a good way to get those garbage cans off your team is to teabag them when the enemies kill them. Sometimes they will rage quit before they do irreversible damage to your score.
'
Not to bash the social gamers but they care less about the game than ranked individuals. So the lack of effort plus not playing as much as the ranked players generally equally less quality in those playlists. But sometimes you come across a full party whose got teamwork and knows what they're doing.
wazi3 wrote:
But sometimes you come across a full party whose got teamwork and knows what they're doing.
Yeah. On the ENEMY TEAM!!! Haha.
tuhin94 wrote:
Haha. I unlocked the Targetmaster skins a long time ago, but the problem is definitely understandable. I've discovered that a good way to get those garbage cans off your team is to teabag them when the enemies kill them. Sometimes they will rage quit before they do irreversible damage to your score.
'
You know, I never thought to do that. Gonna do that the next time I come across players like that. Might be a while though since it’s been months since I truly played H5!
Yesterday I got one teammate in husky that did 0 kills, 4 assist. In other game (same day) one that did 1 kill. But if I play with a 4 man team sometimes it never find match, or we need to wait like 10 minutes. In other game, one of my teammates left the game, 5 minutes later one dude in the other team left the game, and gest what? They got one new teammate. But I'm proud of myself, didn't lost any of that 3 games 😝.
From what I remember back when I use to play, I would get the occasional game with teammates(along with myself from time to time) that would give the enemy team a challenge, or in some rare cases steamroll right through them. And there were of course the awfully crap games with bad teammates that made me feel like I was doing all the work while they were cannon fodder. Sometimes best thing to do is get a team together so you can reduce the chance of getting bad teammates and hope for the best and have a good time.
Yesterday I got one teammate in husky that did 0 kills, 4 assist. In other game (same day) one that did 1 kill. But if I play with a 4 man team sometimes it never find match, or we need to wait like 10 minutes. In other game, one of my teammates left the game, 5 minutes later one dude in the other team left the game, and gest what? They got one new teammate. But I'm proud of myself, didn't lost any of that 3 games 😝.
To be fair, Husky Raid can be very punishing, especially if you spawn with really bad weapons.
From what I remember back when I use to play, I would get the occasional game with teammates(along with myself from time to time) that would give the enemy team a challenge, or in some rare cases steamroll right through them. And there were of course the awfully crap games with bad teammates that made me feel like I was doing all the work while they were cannon fodder. Sometimes best thing to do is get a team together so you can reduce the chance of getting bad teammates and hope for the best and have a good time.
Easier said than done, never can seem to get a full lobby together. I'm lucky if I can find one decent player most of the time, but that's just the luck of the game I guess.
Easier said than done, never can seem to get a full lobby together. I'm lucky if I can find one decent player most of the time, but that's just the luck of the game I guess.
I feel your pain man, sometimes its better to lone wolf it(no Halo Reach pun intended...if that was pun-able) than get a team together, and hope for the best.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3