Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Anyone else just not understand Halo 5 multiplayer

OP p1ay4OURFUN

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
BadDogg55 wrote:
But still. I don’t think I’ve ever ranted this much about Halo 5. I’ve held off from commenting on it for so long online, but I always find myself beating myself against the wall playing this game. Tonight’s session was so infuriating, as I was binging MCC and its games for an hour, having a blast, and decided to give H5 yet another go. I’ll probably keep doing this, (as I’ve done for the past three years 😑), because I’m going to get good at H5 if it’s the last thing I do.

But dang. If God can hear how frustrated I get with Guardians, so can everyone else.

I miss the beta :(
Couldn't have put it better myself...The constant, needless weapon tuning was the worst in my opinion.
I remember when people complained about the BR in Halo 5 at launch, saying it was too much like a laser gun and way too OP. I was like, "do you not remember the Halo 4 BR?" Or how about BXR spamming in Halo 2, something that has never been fixed and gives the Halo 2 BR such an OP edge. Besides, the base H2 and its H2A counterpart are already quite OP in my opinion because of how consistently accurate they are. But that's why I enjoy using them so much.

Since my post two days ago, I've been playing BTB practically nonstop. I've figured out that the DMR and pistol really offer greater chances of success than that stupidly inconsistent BR. "We wanted to raise the skill ceiling," says 343i. What, for masochists?
After they "fixed" the BR in H5 the Pistol rules. I love the H2br... lol. It was really disappointing when it moved to level 5.
My biggest problem in this game is the aim. I can aim fine in other halo games but the aim in this game just feels so sluggish at times. It's one of the main reasons i stopped playing the game. The other reason is that it just still doesn't feel like halo to me and i might as well go play rhe games that it tries to imitate. If the aiming didn't feel so bad though i could continue to play this game because it's a decent game outside of that. Unfortunately they definitely have no plans to fix it because their attention has been shifted back over to mcc and they are working on an entirely new game. I hope this next halo game comes out good and i think it will be based on how they've been handling the franchise recently. I'm expecting them to either try to strike a balance between old and new halo fans or just further improve on what they had with halo 5 and i would be okay with either direction as long as the aim doesn't feel sluggish.
My biggest problem in this game is the aim. I can aim fine in other halo games but the aim in this game just feels so sluggish at times. It's one of the main reasons i stopped playing the game. The other reason is that it just still doesn't feel like halo to me and i might as well go play rhe games that it tries to imitate. If the aiming didn't feel so bad though i could continue to play this game because it's a decent game outside of that. Unfortunately they definitely have no plans to fix it because their attention has been shifted back over to mcc and they are working on an entirely new game. I hope this next halo game comes out good and i think it will be based on how they've been handling the franchise recently. I'm expecting them to either try to strike a balance between old and new halo fans or just further improve on what they had with halo 5 and i would be okay with either direction as long as the aim doesn't feel sluggish.
I’ve seen many people on this thread mention the sluggish aim. I think you make a good point that it really turns you away from enjoying the game, as the other games simply don’t have that “sluggish” feel to them. Idk how 343i got it to feel the way it does, because Halo 5 is running on the same old engine as every other FPS Halo game (which includes their first original game Halo 4), and to me, Halo 4 has the smoothest aim in the entire series.

So, either something went wrong in programming the aiming mechanics, or they intentionally tweaked them to accommodate for Halo 5’s other mechanics in an attempt to balance it.

Regardless, the aiming does indeed handle differently, which is a shame, because conceptually its the same. Each weapon and vehicle has a different reticle designed to match its functionality, which is then used to point and aim with, zoomed in or otherwise. This is a staple of how Halo is played and is core to its identity. So at least 5 maintains this. But unfortunately, the way the reticle is used to aim isn’t buttery smooth and responsive as previous titles, which diminishes the value of reticle based aiming.
Fast playstyle and feeling like shield melts is very normal in this game. I tend to feel this way sometimes, but usually it means Im not in a mood to go for quickkill. Then some irl movement can help to make your heartrate rise and get that adrenaline flowing into the gameplay.

Aggressive playstyle gets heavily punished mostly, but its fun tho. Playing like an older title is actually very helpful, walking to gain some intel on where enemies are, where your teammates are shooting against, and not run in to a fight you dont know where to fight.

Shooting can be tricky to some degree. A lot of the time my issue is aiming more than I need to. Slow aiming is better in halo 5, so low sensitivity is pretty good.

In shield games I aim for body shots and sort of flick headshots afterwards like a swat game. However I do tend to aim for the head way to often when they got shields.

Inconsistent aim is a thing I become used to. If you play on hours not in your regions favor you often get some games where you feel the aim is different. The slight lag can be compensated by playing like its halo 3, aim front part of players moving, prefiring, delayed headshot.

My biggest tip when you feel like going downhill, is calm down movement both in your aim and the player movement. Back to the roots and focus on hitting shots, only shoot if you think it hits, and work on fire as fast as you can while consistently hitting.

Another thing to do when things go bad is to do damage and hide before you die, stay alive and your teammates will finish the job for you. This small thing can quickly snowball into map control and it's easily overlooked when going on autopilot.

All one can do is improve, relearn old skills, or whine about the game.
Personally I like h5 multiplayer I just wish it had kept some the classic maps and a better system for getting new armor other than the req packs.
Aiming with an energy sword is definitely very inconsistent.
Dean2191 wrote:
Personally I like h5 multiplayer I just wish it had kept some the classic maps and a better system for getting new armor other than the req packs.
I agree. I get very annoyed spending 10,000 req points only to get weapon unlocks and other assets for Warzone. Like, just give me armor and visors please.

Have you played the Anniversary throwback playlist? I think you’d enjoyed that if you want to play classic maps.
Distance from the server is a massive advantage in halo 5. The ability to boost and dodge bullets combined with poor aim mechanics that get worse depending on the connection can make the game really bad for some. I live in the North West and there is one server on the west coast in southern cali. Like 2000 miles away. That's the closest one to me. When the game is on that server I destroy. When it's east coast I literally have to campb I know my bullets won't register as well. When I lived in southern cali honest the game felt unfair. Felt like nobody could kill me and I'd drop 8-10 perfect kills every game if it was on Cali server. I've been able to rank champion basically every season but never was able to absolutely annihilate people like I did when I lived close to the server. Unfortunately thats just how this game is. I don't know why the connection affects the aim assist and bullet magnetism but it does. Luckily I have great aim from playing Halo forever that I can still manage kills even on the far away servers but the game definitely feels laggier and shots don't register when you play on a server hosted further away.
How do you know what server you're playing on?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
To each their own. I have no issue with Halo 5's multiplayer. It's unique.
Halo five multiplayer is the only reason to play the game
stukes09 wrote:
Distance from the server is a massive advantage in halo 5. The ability to boost and dodge bullets combined with poor aim mechanics that get worse depending on the connection can make the game really bad for some. I live in the North West and there is one server on the west coast in southern cali. Like 2000 miles away. That's the closest one to me. When the game is on that server I destroy. When it's east coast I literally have to campb I know my bullets won't register as well. When I lived in southern cali honest the game felt unfair. Felt like nobody could kill me and I'd drop 8-10 perfect kills every game if it was on Cali server. I've been able to rank champion basically every season but never was able to absolutely annihilate people like I did when I lived close to the server. Unfortunately thats just how this game is. I don't know why the connection affects the aim assist and bullet magnetism but it does. Luckily I have great aim from playing Halo forever that I can still manage kills even on the far away servers but the game definitely feels laggier and shots don't register when you play on a server hosted further away.
How do you know what server you're playing on?
I have a router called netduma that shows the location of the host or server.
Ken Static wrote:
To each their own. I have no issue with Halo 5's multiplayer. It's unique.
I agree that it is unique, within the industry and the Halo franchise, but that doesn’t mean I won’t have any frustrations with it. I have such a hard time playing the game consistently well on a daily basis.
Halo five multiplayer is the only reason to play the game
I play campaign a lot, as I’m a lore fan above anything else. Of course, the multiplayer is what keeps me replaying the game, and I hope I can overcome this learning curve with it, as I thought I would’ve by now after three years, but nope haha.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2