Anyone else miss badass moments?

OP Some dead cats

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Remember in Halos 1 to Reach when the campaign had epic moments like Halo 2s jumping on a scarab and destroying it, Halo 3s epic double scarab fight or Halo 1s beach storm? those are just a few of many badass moments in the campaigns that are why those campaign are so memorable and still loved to this day.
Halos 4 and 5... well they kind of don't have any epic moments like that, the closest thing is Halo 4s Sabre run or 5s running down a guardian but even then theyre very linear and don't hold much replay value.
So I ask 343 to please try and think of some of these epic moments for future campaigns hell even bring Breaking Benjamin back to make a new song for a moment in Halo 6? just stuff like that that seems to be missing from these newer games for some reason.
Running down that Guardian was pretty damn epic in my opinion.
  1. Destroying the Kraken
  2. Running down the Guardian
  3. Both the Mantis runs
That's about it to be honest
Halo 5, Battle of sunaion, when the guargian awakens.
Running down that Guardian was probably one of the most epic moments ive ever played.
Halo 4 had the Mammoth level, the part where you used a Mantis to defend the Infinity, and the Pelican level. Those are the ones I remember, and I haven't even played the game since 2014.

Halo 5, well, people have already said it.
Halo 4 and 5 have their share of epic moments. I'm not one to use the "nostalgia" card but you can't really separate nostalgia from what you call "epic moments."

I'll use an example. In Halo 4, at the end of the Mammoth mission, Reclaimer, you use a scorpion tank to plow through wraiths, ghost, and infantry. It's 100% a nod to the scorpion push on the Ark from Halo 3. Except this time we get to see the Infinity fly in above us, entirely massive and reminiscent of seeing covenant ships above us in so many missions and games, it showed us that humanity are the big boys in the galaxy now. The tables had turned.

I'm not a big fan of the Guardian run from Halo 5, but the Breaking is awesome. That sequence before the triple warden fight, where the classical but revamped Halo score is playing, it was epic.

The new games do have their moments. What's missing, in my opinion, are the massive missions like Assault on the Control Room, The Ark, and The Covenant.
The new games do have their moments. What's missing, in my opinion, are the massive missions like Assault on the Control Room, The Ark, and The Covenant.
I think the badass moments are different in H4 of H5 because of how the games are different, but that doesn't mean they aren't there. H5 had more than H4, but both seemed not quiet as epic because of the size and scale of the mission, or it was slower paced (H4 Mammoth)
Halo 4 had plenty of epic moments like flying the broadsword as if you were on the death star, both Mantis runs, even getting to didact on the final mission (the OST really helped in that instance). I'll rip on 343 on plenty of things but not so much on the story for H4, easily one of the most emotional Halo campaigns thats for sure. Agree on Halo 5 no epic moments on there, maybe the guardian run but it wasn't that good. H5 was pretty much meh in epic story moments that's for sure. But yeah wish it had more movements like the first scarab fight in H3 or even the warthog run.
Halo 2's scarab was not all that epic as Halo 3's. All you did was fight your way through and let the cutscenes handle it. But more towards the end was more fun. Fighting tarturus was THE most annoying thing ever. But the scarab blasting the door was funny and awesome. I sometimes stuck my banshee in there to have it blown up. The most fun I had with Reach was using the MAC Gun and the target locator. Halo 4 had quite a few. Blowing up the big guns with the target locator and the gravity well I believe? Boarding the Lick twice in campaign and spartan ops. Loved the RvB easter eggs in spartan ops. Broadsword run.
In halo 5, for some reason, I never got tired of fighting warden eternal. Even though you encounter him so many times it was still fun especially after learning that you can assassinate him.
Yes, I certainly do. Nowadays, all those beast moments are in the cutscenes. Makes you wish, Oh i really want to do that. Oh, wait, in the older campaigns I could.
Halo 4 and 5 have their share of epic moments. I'm not one to use the "nostalgia" card but you can't really separate nostalgia from what you call "epic moments."
I'll use an example. In Halo 4, at the end of the Mammoth mission, Reclaimer, you use a scorpion tank to plow through wraiths, ghost, and infantry. It's 100% a nod to the scorpion push on the Ark from Halo 3. Except this time we get to see the Infinity fly in above us, entirely massive and reminiscent of seeing covenant ships above us in so many missions and games, it showed us that humanity are the big boys in the galaxy now. The tables had turned.
I'm not a big fan of the Guardian run from Halo 5, but the Breaking is awesome. That sequence before the triple warden fight, where the classical but revamped Halo score is playing, it was epic.
Yeah, massive battle with a ton of enemies fighting you and each other. One of my most memorable moments was in Halo CE on Legendary, the mission Two Betrayals. I walked out of a tunnel, the corner of the screen read "Final Run" and the song Under cover of Night began to play. There were Covenant and Flood everywhere, fighting to the death with their best weapons and vehicles, including rockets, swords, and wraiths. But in the end, I was the last man standing, and I felt like a god.

But to be fair, Halo 5 did have some big battles, with the Arbiter and his swords fighting the Covenant. It just needed more of this.
I dunno, the Mantis ride to the Arbiter on Sanghelios is about as epic a moment as Halo has had. The hanger fight on Blue Team is as fun an infantry fight as there is. Halo 5 has its moments.

To me, the difference in this campaign and the better ones in Halo is the great Halo campaigns have these types of moments in every level. Halo: CE is notorious for that, I could rattle off one really memorable moment from each of those missions. Halo 2 has tons of gaps where I don't remember a thing, which is why it's one of the weaker Halo campaigns to me. If I were to go through and make a list, I think Halo 5 probably falls somewhere in the middle.
  1. Destroying the Kraken
  3. Both the Mantis runs
the kraken fight sucked though
I'm willing to bet they are only memorable because you played them a billion times when you were younger.

Never played CE until anniversary came out, never played 2 (campaign) until MCC came out. 2 was better but I honestly cant remember much about them. They had their moments absolutely, but I have only played through them a few times.

Played a crapload (minus the Cortana level) of 3 and feel like most of it is memorable. Sierra 117, The Ark, The Covenant and Halo are probably my most played levels. Loved the final warthog run.

Played an absolute craptonneload of Reach and the whole damn thing is memorable. I don't know which is my least played level because I had a habit of playing them all.

Played less of 4, remember most of it, the ghost overdrive bit in Forerunner was great. Loved Midnight, the trench run in the broadsword was probably my favourite bit.

Have played even less of 5, still like it. I just wish we could pick a character on subsequent replays. If that first cutscene wasn't "epic" then I don't know what to say to you. The one for Blue Team was just as badass. Sanghelios was awesome. Running down the guardian was awesome. 3 wardens encounter sucked on solo legendary, but I actually like it now. Would have liked to see Chief and Arbiter do the "nod of absolute friendship and acknowledgement" at the end though.

All the people claiming 5 isn't memorable have probably only played it between 0.6 - 2 times. I say 0.6 because I have seen people who claimed to have stopped partway through because it wasn't Halo 2. You really just need to go in with an open mind. And play it a bunch of times.
  1. Destroying the Kraken
  3. Both the Mantis runs
the kraken fight sucked though
And so the scarab fight in Halo 2 didn't suck. Granted that Bungie didn't have the capabilities for making it an actual battle with a scarab lol. You physically had to destroy the core of the kraken, much like you did with the scarabs in halo 3. Althought I think it would have been better if you had to chase down the kraken in like banshees.
These are GAMEPLAY HIGHLIGHTS NOT CUTSCENES
Halo 1 Highlights
johnsons speech at the beginning of the game
Silent Cartographer beach assault
Revealing the Flood (easily on of the most epic scenes in FPS)
Assault on the Control Room- HUGE fights (In 2001 the fights in the snow were epic)
keyes death
Warthrog Run

Halo 2 Highlights
1st level- Fighting in Space (cairo station-there was actually a part where you were in space and had different jump physics etc --IT WAS COOL BACK IN 2004)
The Scarab
Banshee Fight -When killing the Heretic
The flood unveiling-the two grunts were funny
GRAVEMIND
Killing the Prophet (Not like a stupid cutscene like Jul Mdama--awful execution 343)
Beginning of Sacred Icon where you have a bunch of elites on spectres and ghosts helping you who slowly die by flood/forerunners
Tartarus Boss Fight/ Defending Scarab

Halo 3
When the Forward Unto Dawn lands right in front of you and Everything gets blown away
Warthog Run
Double Scarab Fight with the Hornet (NOT WASP)
Killing Guilty Spark
Sergeant Johnson giving you the Spartan Laser before he dies
Scarab Fight with Tank
The scarab fight on the STorm (Most amazing gameplay I've seen- You could use the turrets to take it down, use the mongooses, use the actual rocket launchers, or even take the elevator and actually jump onto the scarab if you time it right-SO MANY DIFFERENT OPTIONS.)
Rescuing Cortana
Killing Truth- The flood actually helps you-- c'mon we all know this was an awesome moment

Halo 4
Ghost Run
Mammoth
First time in Mantis
Flying the Pelican
Flying the Sabre
Killing Didact

Halo 5
Running down the Guardian
Cortana roasting fireteam whatever their name is at the end
Fighting Warden Eternal 7 times!!! (JK) Almost every gamer knows its like a hidden rule that you shouldn't overuse the same boss, but 343 and their loyal to the death fanboys can't understand this. Not only this, but you fight 3 of him at one point :(
I mean, in the campaign I don't have any fond memories in Halo 5, but in multiplayer I still do have some badass moments. For example just today, I was playing Warzone on March on Stormbreak and I was taking one of the armories and I drove a Sword Ghost in and killed several of the other team while they tried to take it from me I rehijacked the ghost from the other team 3 times, the ghost was pretty screwed up at that point so I blew it up so no one could use it against my team in the future. Anyways as my team was close to capping the armory, 4 players on the other team attempted to stop us 3 on foot and one on a Ghost Ultra, I managed to hijack the Ghost and get a triple kill on the rest of the enemies in the armory, I went on to get a killing frenzy with that ghost. It was one of the best moments in halo 5 multiplayer I've ever had
Remember in Halos 1 to Reach when the campaign had epic moments like Halo 2s jumping on a scarab and destroying it, Halo 3s epic double scarab fight or Halo 1s beach storm? those are just a few of many badass moments in the campaigns that are why those campaign are so memorable and still loved to this day.
Halos 4 and 5... well they kind of don't have any epic moments like that, the closest thing is Halo 4s Sabre run or 5s running down a guardian but even then theyre very linear and don't hold much replay value.
So I ask 343 to please try and think of some of these epic moments for future campaigns hell even bring Breaking Benjamin back to make a new song for a moment in Halo 6? just stuff like that that seems to be missing from these newer games for some reason.
I found every Scarab boring as -Yoink!- when I went back to them. Like the only one I liked was the double Scarab fight because of the music. I can match that with liking The Breaking because of the music.

In Halo 2, the Scarab appears out of nowhere, causes some distuction, and then when you actually get to fight it, it just walks very slowly and stops for you to jump on it. Hmm, reminds me of the Kraken in Halo 5, but apparently it's the worst thing ever and every Halo did much better.

You don't even attack the actual Scarab. Just kill everyone inside and it kills itself offscreen. At the very least you destroy the Kraken's core.

In Halo 3 they barely move around. They kinda just stand there, take a few steps, or rotate. In The Storm, you're fighting in a really small area with really not much wiggle room except with a Mongoose. In The Arc, you have a lot of space, but you're rolling in on a Tank (or a Gauss Hog) and you don't really even need to get close to it except to board it.

In every Scarab encounter, you can take it down in under 60 seconds if you even had half an idea what you're doing, including the double Scarab.
IrishLaws5 wrote:
Yes, I certainly do. Nowadays, all those beast moments are in the cutscenes. Makes you wish, Oh i really want to do that. Oh, wait, in the older campaigns I could.
This right here is it in a nutshell. The cutscenes are the intense moments. As much as i would love to have been chief and kick Locke's -Yoink- playing it would not do the encounter bthe justice the cutscene did. The triple warden fight with blue team would have been a mind blowing cutscene.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4