Anyone else miss badass moments?

OP Some dead cats

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I'm willing to bet they are only memorable because you played them a billion times when you were younger.

Never played CE until anniversary came out, never played 2 (campaign) until MCC came out. 2 was better but I honestly cant remember much about them. They had their moments absolutely, but I have only played through them a few times.

Played a crapload (minus the Cortana level) of 3 and feel like most of it is memorable. Sierra 117, The Ark, The Covenant and Halo are probably my most played levels. Loved the final warthog run.

Played an absolute craptonneload of Reach and the whole damn thing is memorable. I don't know which is my least played level because I had a habit of playing them all.

Played less of 4, remember most of it, the ghost overdrive bit in Forerunner was great. Loved Midnight, the trench run in the broadsword was probably my favourite bit.

Have played even less of 5, still like it. I just wish we could pick a character on subsequent replays. If that first cutscene wasn't "epic" then I don't know what to say to you. The one for Blue Team was just as badass. Sanghelios was awesome. Running down the guardian was awesome. 3 wardens encounter sucked on solo legendary, but I actually like it now. Would have liked to see Chief and Arbiter do the "nod of absolute friendship and acknowledgement" at the end though.

All the people claiming 5 isn't memorable have probably only played it between 0.6 - 2 times. I say 0.6 because I have seen people who claimed to have stopped partway through because it wasn't Halo 2. You really just need to go in with an open mind. And play it a bunch of times.
I cannot stand to play the Halo 5 story more than twice it's honestly that bad
Halo 4:
  • Infinity's Mantis run
  • Reclaimer's assault on the gravity well with the Scorpion (and Pete Stacker!)
  • Broadsword assault on the Mantle's Approach as you exit splipspace over Earth, home, with the UNSC coming to help you
  • Forerunner's Ghost run through Requiem's core as it falls apart after the Didact awakens
  • Almost all of Composer (it was a great mission filled with Covies around every corner)
  • The Pelican level
Halo 5:
  • Blue Team defending the hangar from hordes of Covies as Argent Moon begins to go supernova
  • Osiris' warthog run as the Guardian rises up in the distance
  • Osiris running down the Guardian
  • Ositis charging Jul's Covenant with Mantis as they reach the Arbiter
  • Battle of Sunion
  • Blue Team fighting Prometheans in the Domain as the Trials plays in the background (never thought I'd hear the Halo theme while fighting Prometheans)
And this is all gameplay. Not even the cutscenes.
Halo 4:
  • Infinity's Mantis run
  • Broadsword assault on the Mantle's Approach as you exit splipspace over Earth, home, with the UNSC coming to help you
  • Forerunner's Ghost run through Requiem's core as it falls apart after the Didact awakens
  • Almost all of Composer (it was a great mission filled with Covies around every corner)
  • The Pelican level
Halo 5:
  • Blue Team defending the hangar from hordes of Covies as Argent Moon begins to go supernova
  • Battle of Sunion
  • Blue Team fighting Prometheans in the Domain as the Trials plays in the background (never thought I'd hear the Halo theme while fighting Prometheans)
most of these (especially the pelican level of Halo 4) are not memorable at all, you got to fly the pelican for not even 5 minutes and got a few stationary phantoms to fight
Halo 4:
  • Infinity's Mantis run
  • The Pelican level
Halo 5:
  • Battle of Sunion
most of these (especially the pelican level of Halo 4) are not memorable at all, you got to fly the pelican for not even 5 minutes and got a few stationary phantoms to fight
I remember every moment of Halo 4 that I listed very well. Except the Pelican level because I do the glitch to get to the third tower right away. Same for Halo 5
Halo 4:
  • Infinity's Mantis run
  • The Pelican level
Halo 5:
  • Battle of Sunion
That's weird, that's how fighting the Halo 2 Scarab felt. But for some reason it's "memorable"
Halo 4:
  • Infinity's Mantis run
  • The Pelican level
Halo 5:
  • Battle of Sunion
That's weird, that's how fighting the Halo 2 Scarab felt. But for some reason it's "memorable"
I meant the whole mission chasing the scarab from the tank bridge to running along side it while awesome music played
Halo 4:
  • Infinity's Mantis run
  • The Pelican level
Halo 5:
  • Battle of Sunion
I meant the whole mission chasing the scarab from the tank bridge to running along side it while awesome music played
You kinda ditch the tank after beating up some Wraiths, go into the city via Warthog, it comes back to scare you some more, and then it...waits for you to jump on it and kill everyone inside.

Even running alongside it feels forced because again, it's not trying to hurt you. It's waiting for you to jump on it.
How is the Kraken fight bad? It plays better than most parts in the rest of the Halo games.

In fact, most people don't like the story for Halo 5, and I don't really blame them. But the level design is awesome! I love it!
Halo 4:
  • Infinity's Mantis run
  • The Pelican level
Halo 5:
  • Battle of Sunion
You kinda ditch the tank after beating up some Wraiths, go into the city via Warthog, it comes back to scare you some more, and then it...waits for you to jump on it and kill everyone inside.

Even running alongside it feels forced because again, it's not trying to hurt you. It's waiting for you to jump on it.
but the mission itself is so fun with a variety of weapons and vehicles while the Kraken mission is just linear and kind of boring
Halo 4:
  • Infinity's Mantis run
  • The Pelican level
Halo 5:
  • Battle of Sunion

but the mission itself is so fun with a variety of weapons and vehicles while the Kraken mission is just linear and kind of boring
How is Halo 2's mission any less linear? The whole tank part has you go across a bridge! The Scarab walks in a straight line, and waits for you to defeat it.

Halo 5 gave you Phaetons and Banshees in that mission at least.

EDIT: I just realized that this is the same level with the temple grounds, which gives you tons of variety of how to get past the shield. Seriously? I'm almost feeling a sense of bias from you.
Halo 4:
  • Infinity's Mantis run
  • The Pelican level
Halo 5:
  • Battle of Sunion

How is Halo 2's mission any less linear? The whole tank part has you go across a bridge! The Scarab walks in a straight line, and waits for you to defeat it.

EDIT: I just realized that this is the same level with the temple grounds, which gives you tons of variety of how to get past the shield. Seriously? I'm almost feeling a sense of bias from you.
I admit m,y opinions are slightly biased due to how awful the Halo 5 campaign is but the part with getting past the shield is the only part of that mission that is replayable, the rest is just going through caves fighting covenant hell there isnt even a proper opening or ending cutscene to the mission its just a pelican dropping you off which is lazy as hell considering Halo 5 needs more cutscenes which develop characters
Halo 4:
  • Infinity's Mantis run
  • The Pelican level
Halo 5:
  • Battle of Sunion

I admit m,y opinions are slightly biased due to how awful the Halo 5 campaign is but the part with getting past the shield is the only part of that mission that is replayable, the rest is just going through caves fighting covenant hell there isnt even a proper opening or ending cutscene to the mission its just a pelican dropping you off which is lazy as hell considering Halo 5 needs more cutscenes which develop characters
And Halo 2 is fighting the Covenant through bridges, tunnels, and part of a city. The most open part is probably the streets with a bunch of Wraiths. The only reason I found anything in that level replayable was for the Scarab gun. Since we have MCC now, I can kinda make my own Scarab guns now
I kinda agree with you. 343 does thing too clean, too organized. Destroying a scarab tank was badass. You jump onto some crane, kills few elites, Shoot the core and jump. Now it's so straight forwards. Get to the guardian before it takes off and get the Cryptum. All you did is struggle to plant a grenade.
I kinda agree with you. 343 does thing too clean, too organized. Destroying a scarab tank was badass. You jump onto some crane, kills few elites, Shoot the core and jump. Now it's so straight forwards. Get to the guardian before it takes off and get the Cryptum. All you did is struggle to plant a grenade.
Destroying the Kraken was get on a Phaeton, kill some Elites, shoot the core and jump.

That's different...how?
I believe the best designed fight in the entire series is the first time you encounter a scarab in Halo 3. There were so many ways you could fight it, either by being on mongoose and drove the marines who shot it down, used the rocket launcher yourself, use the missile turrets, or even go on top of the elevator and jump down (the coolest way IMO).
Always
H4 was the only one without one imo.
The entire sanghilios arc in h5 was epic to me.
  1. Destroying the Kraken
  2. Running down the Guardian
  3. Both the Mantis runs
That's about it to be honest
5's Mantis run on foot is also pretty fun.
Hmm, what would you believe would be something that 343i can do to make the moment you are looking for? Give me some of those ideas from your brain hole.
Hmm, what would you believe would be something that 343i can do to make the moment you are looking for? Give me some of those ideas from your brain hole.
HC BlameRickey how did u get the energy sword on your picture.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4