Anyone else miss badass moments?

OP Some dead cats

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Hmm, what would you believe would be something that 343i can do to make the moment you are looking for? Give me some of those ideas from your brain hole.
HC BlameRickey how did u get the energy sword on your picture.
Ah, this has nothing to do with the main topic but I'll humor you.

The picture is my emblem within Halo 5, whatever your emblem is within Halo 5 you have the option of choosing it for your Waypoint profile picture. Just go and change your profile picture and it should be there. Alongside Halo 4's emblem. If you played Halo 4 that is, oh and if you do not own this emblem, you then must complete all covenant enemy commendations.
People have already pointed out things. But to add, I really liked the banshee part on blue team, very fun and memorable to me.
I kinda agree with you. 343 does thing too clean, too organized. Destroying a scarab tank was badass. You jump onto some crane, kills few elites, Shoot the core and jump. Now it's so straight forwards. Get to the guardian before it takes off and get the Cryptum. All you did is struggle to plant a grenade.
Destroying the Kraken was get on a Phaeton, kill some Elites, shoot the core and jump.

That's different...how?
You could fail that escape though...
Oh I also just remembered the Space Elevator mission.

Racing up the crumbling exoskeleton of this huge Elevator as phaetons pepper you with fire as soldiers attempt to slow you down. The guardian hovering ominously in the background dwarfing everything around you. How was that not epic as all hell.
Halo 4:
  • Infinity's Mantis run
  • Reclaimer's assault on the gravity well with the Scorpion (and Pete Stacker!)
  • Broadsword assault on the Mantle's Approach as you exit splipspace over Earth, home, with the UNSC coming to help you
  • Forerunner's Ghost run through Requiem's core as it falls apart after the Didact awakens
  • Almost all of Composer (it was a great mission filled with Covies around every corner)
  • The Pelican level
Halo 5:
  • Blue Team defending the hangar from hordes of Covies as Argent Moon begins to go supernova
  • Osiris' warthog run as the Guardian rises up in the distance
  • Osiris running down the Guardian
  • Ositis charging Jul's Covenant with Mantis as they reach the Arbiter
  • Battle of Sunion
  • Blue Team fighting Prometheans in the Domain as the Trials plays in the background (never thought I'd hear the Halo theme while fighting Prometheans)
And this is all gameplay. Not even the cutscenes.
most of these (especially the pelican level of Halo 4) are not memorable at all, you got to fly the pelican for not even 5 minutes and got a few stationary phantoms to fight
That's weird, that's how fighting the Halo 2 Scarab felt. But for some reason it's "memorable"
I meant the whole mission chasing the scarab from the tank bridge to running along side it while awesome music played
You kinda ditch the tank after beating up some Wraiths, go into the city via Warthog, it comes back to scare you some more, and then it...waits for you to jump on it and kill everyone inside.

Even running alongside it feels forced because again, it's not trying to hurt you. It's waiting for you to jump on it.
but the mission itself is so fun with a variety of weapons and vehicles while the Kraken mission is just linear and kind of boring
How is Halo 2's mission any less linear? The whole tank part has you go across a bridge! The Scarab walks in a straight line, and waits for you to defeat it.

Halo 5 gave you Phaetons and Banshees in that mission at least.

EDIT: I just realized that this is the same level with the temple grounds, which gives you tons of variety of how to get past the shield. Seriously? I'm almost feeling a sense of bias from you.
I admit m,y opinions are slightly biased due to how awful the Halo 5 campaign is but the part with getting past the shield is the only part of that mission that is replayable, the rest is just going through caves fighting covenant hell there isnt even a proper opening or ending cutscene to the mission its just a pelican dropping you off which is lazy as hell considering Halo 5 needs more cutscenes which develop characters
And Halo 2 is fighting the Covenant through bridges, tunnels, and part of a city. The most open part is probably the streets with a bunch of Wraiths. The only reason I found anything in that level replayable was for the Scarab gun. Since we have MCC now, I can kinda make my own Scarab guns now
but the mission can be done is so many different ways, on foot with a multitude of weapons, warthogs, ghosts, wraiths, banshees if you can get one and two scorpions (again if you can get the second one in time) while the 'enemy lines' mission is not the worst in Halo 5 'cough the breaking cough' oh my excuse me, it's still pretty linear in comparison even the ghost section which gives you a ghost for maybe 30 seconds then blocks you from taking it any further
erickyboo wrote:
People have already pointed out things. But to add, I really liked the banshee part on blue team, very fun and memorable to me.
that was one of the highlights of the campaign I'll giver it that, the amount of hidden places there were in that section alone and even a hidden banshee ultra made it replayable
Halo 4:
  • Infinity's Mantis run
  • Broadsword assault on the Mantle's Approach as you exit splipspace over Earth, home, with the UNSC coming to help you
  • Forerunner's Ghost run through Requiem's core as it falls apart after the Didact awakens
  • Almost all of Composer (it was a great mission filled with Covies around every corner)
  • The Pelican level
Halo 5:
  • Blue Team defending the hangar from hordes of Covies as Argent Moon begins to go supernova
  • Battle of Sunion
  • Blue Team fighting Prometheans in the Domain as the Trials plays in the background (never thought I'd hear the Halo theme while fighting Prometheans)
most of these (especially the pelican level of Halo 4) are not memorable at all, you got to fly the pelican for not even 5 minutes and got a few stationary phantoms to fight
That's weird, that's how fighting the Halo 2 Scarab felt. But for some reason it's "memorable"
I meant the whole mission chasing the scarab from the tank bridge to running along side it while awesome music played
You kinda ditch the tank after beating up some Wraiths, go into the city via Warthog, it comes back to scare you some more, and then it...waits for you to jump on it and kill everyone inside.

Even running alongside it feels forced because again, it's not trying to hurt you. It's waiting for you to jump on it.
but the mission itself is so fun with a variety of weapons and vehicles while the Kraken mission is just linear and kind of boring
How is Halo 2's mission any less linear? The whole tank part has you go across a bridge! The Scarab walks in a straight line, and waits for you to defeat it.

EDIT: I just realized that this is the same level with the temple grounds, which gives you tons of variety of how to get past the shield. Seriously? I'm almost feeling a sense of bias from you.
I admit m,y opinions are slightly biased due to how awful the Halo 5 campaign is but the part with getting past the shield is the only part of that mission that is replayable, the rest is just going through caves fighting covenant hell there isnt even a proper opening or ending cutscene to the mission its just a pelican dropping you off which is lazy as hell considering Halo 5 needs more cutscenes which develop characters
And Halo 2 is fighting the Covenant through bridges, tunnels, and part of a city. The most open part is probably the streets with a bunch of Wraiths. The only reason I found anything in that level replayable was for the Scarab gun. Since we have MCC now, I can kinda make my own Scarab guns now
but the mission can be done is so many different ways, on foot with a multitude of weapons, warthogs, ghosts, wraiths, banshees if you can get one and two scorpions (again if you can get the second one in time) while the 'enemy lines' mission is not the worst in Halo 5 'cough the breaking cough' oh my excuse me, it's still pretty linear in comparison even the ghost section which gives you a ghost for maybe 30 seconds then blocks you from taking it any further
Same with Enemy Lines. The Ghost run, you can choose to go on foot on the left hand side. Once you get onto Temple grounds, you can go directly for the shield, you can go the left side through the Sniper alley for the button to turn off the shield, you can go down in the right side to get the Fuel Rod for the Wraith, or you can sneak under to bypass the shield altogether through a hole in the ground. Then you have the Kraken fight that's almost exactly the same as Halo 2.

The Breaking I almost expected to be linear, since you're going for Cortana and she's almost physically taking you to her. But again, I didn't say the level design of that mission was great, I liked it because of the music that went with it, just like how I like the double Scarab fight for the music.
Halo 4:
  • Infinity's Mantis run
  • The Pelican level
Halo 5:
  • Battle of Sunion

Same with Enemy Lines. The Ghost run, you can choose to go on foot on the left hand side. Once you get onto Temple grounds, you can go directly for the shield, you can go the left side through the Sniper alley for the button to turn off the shield, you can go down in the right side to get the Fuel Rod for the Wraith, or you can sneak under to bypass the shield altogether through a hole in the ground. Then you have the Kraken fight that's almost exactly the same as Halo 2.

The Breaking I almost expected to be linear, since you're going for Cortana and she's almost physically taking you to her. But again, I didn't say the level design of that mission was great, I liked it because of the music that went with it, just like how I like the double Scarab fight for the music.
the breaking is so bad not even the music can save it, there could of been some interesting varied sections of that level such as being able to take risky shortcut paths by jumping over floating objects with the risk of falling to your death or something, literally anything would of been better than what we got there which is possibly the worst mission in all of Halo on par with Halo 4s Shutdown
Halo 4 had epic moments, dude. That build-up to the awakening of the Didact as you fought through the Covenant/Promethean warzone. The ensuing escape. That Saber flight was a much better version of Reach's attempt at space stuff (still could be better, but an improvement), and the three sections before the lackluster Didact boss fight were a great ramp of violence to the conclusion.

In Halo 5, that opening cinematic for Team Osiris was pretty sweet. The race up the structure as Team Osiris, while the Guardian escaped. The run down the other Guardian as Team Osiris, when it arrived on Genesis. Fighting the Warden Eternal the first couple times felt kinda epic. Maybe 5 has fewer epic moments.
Halo 4 had epic moments, dude. That build-up to the awakening of the Didact as you fought through the Covenant/Promethean warzone. The ensuing escape. That Saber flight was a much better version of Reach's attempt at space stuff (still could be better, but an improvement), and the three sections before the lackluster Didact boss fight were a great ramp of violence to the conclusion.

In Halo 5, that opening cinematic for Team Osiris was pretty sweet. The race up the structure as Team Osiris, while the Guardian escaped. The run down the other Guardian as Team Osiris, when it arrived on Genesis. Fighting the Warden Eternal the first couple times felt kinda epic. Maybe 5 has fewer epic moments.
Halo 4s broadsword run was nothing compared to Reach's sabres. at least in Reach it had replay value in 4 there was only really one path to take and the opening to Halo 5 would be epic if we knew anything about those characters at all but theyre just random spartans doing impressive stuff
Halo 4:
  • Infinity's Mantis run
  • The Pelican level
Halo 5:
  • Battle of Sunion

the breaking is so bad not even the music can save it, there could of been some interesting varied sections of that level such as being able to take risky shortcut paths by jumping over floating objects with the risk of falling to your death or something, literally anything would of been better than what we got there which is possibly the worst mission in all of Halo on par with Halo 4s Shutdown
Just like how again, Halo 2 could have taken multiple varied paths to be less linear, but up until Uprising, the Arbiter spent most of his time going through elevators all day. Honestly the least linear levels in Halo 2 are probably either Quarantine Zone or Delta Halo

Or how Halo 3's Scarabs could do a little more than rotate in a circle while you shoot off it's helpless limbs.

Should also stand to reason that Halo 2 was also disliked during its release, just like Halo 5.
Halo 4:
  • Infinity's Mantis run
  • The Pelican level
Halo 5:
  • Battle of Sunion

Just like how again, Halo 2 could have taken multiple varied paths to be less linear, but up until Uprising, the Arbiter spent most of his time going through elevators all day.

Or how Halo 3's Scarabs could do a little more than rotate in a circle while you shoot off it's helpless limbs.

Should also stand to reason that Halo 2 was also disliked during its release, just like Halo 5.
not to the extent of Halo 5, Halo 2 told a good story even if it did end abruptly (still a miles better and more deserved ending than that Halo 5 garbage) and Halo 5 has been out since November... it's not getting much love from mass audiences that i can see, please stop defending the bad story or 343 will continue to give us bad -Yoinking!- stories
Halo 4:
  • Infinity's Mantis run
  • The Pelican level
Halo 5:
  • Battle of Sunion

Just like how again, Halo 2 could have taken multiple varied paths to be less linear, but up until Uprising, the Arbiter spent most of his time going through elevators all day.

not to the extent of Halo 5, Halo 2 told a good story even if it did end abruptly (still a miles better and more deserved ending than that Halo 5 garbage) and Halo 5 has been out since November... it's not getting much love from mass audiences that i can see, please stop defending the bad story or 343 will continue to give us bad -Yoinking!- stories
"Halo 2 told a good story even if it did end abruptly"

Not what people were saying at launch.

People were upset that the Arbiter took up screentime from Chief. In fact, Chief didn't do anything of importance in Halo 2 that wasn't either already going to happen or helped the Covenant. The best thing humanity did was deactivate the ring. People were upset that Arbiter was the one who ended the Campaign with an "irrelevant" boss, with Chief at the end just saying "Finish the fight plz buy Halo 3", because the end of the game was just chopped off.

Don't even get me started on the multiplayer.

"please stop defending the bad story or 343 will continue to give us bad -Yoinking!- stories"I don't remember ever saying I liked Halo 5's story. I'm trying to say that a good number of your points are biased and filled with rose tinted glasses.

Halo 5 was quite literally Halo 2 - 343i edition
Halo 4:
  • Infinity's Mantis run
  • The Pelican level
Halo 5:
  • Battle of Sunion

People were upset that the Arbiter took up screentime from Chief. In fact, Chief didn't do anything of importance in Halo 2 that wasn't either already going to happen or helped the Covenant. The best thing humanity did was deactivate the ring. People were upset that Arbiter was the one who ended the Campaign with an "irrelevant" boss, with Chief at the end just saying "Finish the fight plz buy Halo 3", because the end of the game was just chopped off.

"please stop defending the bad story or 343 will continue to give us bad -Yoinking!- stories"I don't remember ever saying I liked Halo 5's story. I'm trying to say that a good number of your points are biased and filled with rose tinted glasses.

what was wrong with Halo 2s multiplayer? actually that doesnt even matter since that was the first time Halo had actual online multiplayer therefore it wasnt going to be perfect whereas Halo 5s multiplayer is horrible mainly due to the req system which is simply microsoft being greedy.
And the arbiter was an interesting character while Locke... well Locke isn't even a character at all really also not to defend Bungie (well i kind of am) but they did have time issues meaning they had to cut a lot of things and so did 343 with Halo 5 apparently but they still managed to write a disease of a story that ruined characters forever and dissapointed literally everyone
Halo 4:
  • Infinity's Mantis run
  • The Pelican level
Halo 5:
  • Battle of Sunion

-snip-

what was wrong with Halo 2s multiplayer? actually that doesnt even matter since that was the first time Halo had actual online multiplayer therefore it wasnt going to be perfect whereas Halo 5s multiplayer is horrible mainly due to the req system which is simply microsoft being greedy.
And the arbiter was an interesting character while Locke... well Locke isn't even a character at all really also not to defend Bungie (well i kind of am) but they did have time issues meaning they had to cut a lot of things and so did 343 with Halo 5 apparently but they still managed to write a disease of a story that ruined characters forever and dissapointed literally everyone
Halo 2 brought out more changes to the series than even Halo 5 did.

• heavy auto aim
  • no health packs
  • no fall damage
  • the jumping model became floaty
  • dual wielding
  • homing plasma pistols
  • homing rockets
  • homing plasma grenades
  • bullet magnetism
  • vehicle damage
  • vehicle boarding
  • melee lunge
  • Heavier grenades in general
  • lessened grenade damage
  • removal of ladders
  • inclusion of air jets.
I mean, does no one remember halo2sucks.com?

Yeah, the Arbiter is now an interesting character, because of Halo 3, and books about him. Not in Halo 2, and not when Halo 2 was being released. Stands around on the elevator half the time, kills a Heretic, becomes a Heretic (while never mentioning what he did before), then roams around Halo killing Brutes for what they did to the other Elites.

I can't wait until Halo 6 comes out so people can praise Halo 5 as the best game ever. I've already seen it happen to Halo 4.
Halo 4:
  • Infinity's Mantis run
  • The Pelican level
Halo 5:
  • Battle of Sunion

I wasn't disappointed with the story, and it ended about how I was expecting it to. Mind you I thought Cortana would have been Halsey (being I haven't read all the books so didn't know about a lot of things going on) however being that Cortana is literally a clone of Halsey in thinking and logic, I was still correct. I loved the story and wouldn't have had it any other way. Also what Vegeto is saying is true and I do remember that happening for literally EVERY Halo since Halo 2 (I don't think I ever heard a serious complaint about CE until after the other Halo's changed things)

Halo 2 Multiplayer WAS TRASH. The only saving grace for it was that it was the first Halo to be online. The Elite models that soo many people are begging to have back were the worst. Way easier to kill with their fat head hunched out in front of their body. Glad those are gone too.
Halo 4:
  • Infinity's Mantis run
  • The Pelican level
Halo 5:
  • Battle of Sunion

I wasn't disappointed with the story, and it ended about how I was expecting it to. Mind you I thought Cortana would have been Halsey (being I haven't read all the books so didn't know about a lot of things going on) however being that Cortana is literally a clone of Halsey in thinking and logic, I was still correct. I loved the story and wouldn't have had it any other way. Also what Vegeto is saying is true and I do remember that happening for literally EVERY Halo since Halo 2 (I don't think I ever heard a serious complaint about CE until after the other Halo's changed things)

Halo 2 Multiplayer WAS TRASH. The only saving grace for it was that it was the first Halo to be online. The Elite models that soo many people are begging to have back were the worst. Way easier to kill with their fat head hunched out in front of their body. Glad those are gone too.
I'm sorry you lost all credibility when you said ' I loved the story and wouldn't have had it any other way.' your opinions are now invalid
Halo 4:
  • Infinity's Mantis run
  • The Pelican level
Halo 5:
  • Battle of Sunion

I'm sorry you lost all credibility when you said ' I loved the story and wouldn't have had it any other way.' your opinions are now invalid
Too late, yours was lost when you seemed to think there were no badass moments in this campaign.

John still has to cope with the loss of Cortana, and not it's all the more real because the one that is left is clearly not thinking right and he has suffered another serious blow emotionally. The campaign was an emotional roller coaster ride from the excitement of getting a little closer to Cortana, to discovering she is quite messed up, all the way to watching Cortana cry as she said goodbye to John, it was like losing her all over again but worse.
Halo 4:
  • Infinity's Mantis run
  • The Pelican level
Halo 5:
  • Battle of Sunion

How is Locke not the same character as Chief? He follows orders (until Halo 5) and says one-liners all day. At least Locke has to deal with keeping a team sent to hunt down humanity's savior together.
Halo 4:
  • Infinity's Mantis run
  • The Pelican level
Halo 5:
  • Battle of Sunion

How is Locke not the same character as Chief? Je follows
There are some people who head towards the light when they are lost in a dark cave, and there are some who hiss at it and scream that it burns their eyes and choose to stay in darkness their entire life.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4