1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Halo 4:
  • Infinity's Mantis run
  • Reclaimer's assault on the gravity well with the Scorpion (and Pete Stacker!)
  • Broadsword assault on the Mantle's Approach as you exit splipspace over Earth, home, with the UNSC coming to help you
  • Forerunner's Ghost run through Requiem's core as it falls apart after the Didact awakens
  • Almost all of Composer (it was a great mission filled with Covies around every corner)
  • The Pelican level
Halo 5:
  • Blue Team defending the hangar from hordes of Covies as Argent Moon begins to go supernova
  • Osiris' warthog run as the Guardian rises up in the distance
  • Osiris running down the Guardian
  • Ositis charging Jul's Covenant with Mantis as they reach the Arbiter
  • Battle of Sunion
  • Blue Team fighting Prometheans in the Domain as the Trials plays in the background (never thought I'd hear the Halo theme while fighting Prometheans)
And this is all gameplay. Not even the cutscenes.
most of these (especially the pelican level of Halo 4) are not memorable at all, you got to fly the pelican for not even 5 minutes and got a few stationary phantoms to fight
That's weird, that's how fighting the Halo 2 Scarab felt. But for some reason it's "memorable"
I meant the whole mission chasing the scarab from the tank bridge to running along side it while awesome music played
You kinda ditch the tank after beating up some Wraiths, go into the city via Warthog, it comes back to scare you some more, and then it...waits for you to jump on it and kill everyone inside.

Even running alongside it feels forced because again, it's not trying to hurt you. It's waiting for you to jump on it.
but the mission itself is so fun with a variety of weapons and vehicles while the Kraken mission is just linear and kind of boring
How is Halo 2's mission any less linear? The whole tank part has you go across a bridge! The Scarab walks in a straight line, and waits for you to defeat it.

Halo 5 gave you Phaetons and Banshees in that mission at least.

EDIT: I just realized that this is the same level with the temple grounds, which gives you tons of variety of how to get past the shield. Seriously? I'm almost feeling a sense of bias from you.
I admit m,y opinions are slightly biased due to how awful the Halo 5 campaign is but the part with getting past the shield is the only part of that mission that is replayable, the rest is just going through caves fighting covenant hell there isnt even a proper opening or ending cutscene to the mission its just a pelican dropping you off which is lazy as hell considering Halo 5 needs more cutscenes which develop characters
And Halo 2 is fighting the Covenant through bridges, tunnels, and part of a city. The most open part is probably the streets with a bunch of Wraiths. The only reason I found anything in that level replayable was for the Scarab gun. Since we have MCC now, I can kinda make my own Scarab guns now
but the mission can be done is so many different ways, on foot with a multitude of weapons, warthogs, ghosts, wraiths, banshees if you can get one and two scorpions (again if you can get the second one in time) while the 'enemy lines' mission is not the worst in Halo 5 'cough the breaking cough' oh my excuse me, it's still pretty linear in comparison even the ghost section which gives you a ghost for maybe 30 seconds then blocks you from taking it any further
Same with Enemy Lines. The Ghost run, you can choose to go on foot on the left hand side. Once you get onto Temple grounds, you can go directly for the shield, you can go the left side through the Sniper alley for the button to turn off the shield, you can go down in the right side to get the Fuel Rod for the Wraith, or you can sneak under to bypass the shield altogether through a hole in the ground. Then you have the Kraken fight that's almost exactly the same as Halo 2.

The Breaking I almost expected to be linear, since you're going for Cortana and she's almost physically taking you to her. But again, I didn't say the level design of that mission was great, I liked it because of the music that went with it, just like how I like the double Scarab fight for the music.
the breaking is so bad not even the music can save it, there could of been some interesting varied sections of that level such as being able to take risky shortcut paths by jumping over floating objects with the risk of falling to your death or something, literally anything would of been better than what we got there which is possibly the worst mission in all of Halo on par with Halo 4s Shutdown
Just like how again, Halo 2 could have taken multiple varied paths to be less linear, but up until Uprising, the Arbiter spent most of his time going through elevators all day.

Or how Halo 3's Scarabs could do a little more than rotate in a circle while you shoot off it's helpless limbs.

Should also stand to reason that Halo 2 was also disliked during its release, just like Halo 5.
not to the extent of Halo 5, Halo 2 told a good story even if it did end abruptly (still a miles better and more deserved ending than that Halo 5 garbage) and Halo 5 has been out since November... it's not getting much love from mass audiences that i can see, please stop defending the bad story or 343 will continue to give us bad -Yoinking!- stories
How is Locke not the same character as Chief? Je follows
There are some people who head towards the light when they are lost in a dark cave, and there are some who hiss at it and scream that it burns their eyes and choose to stay in darkness their entire life.
Pardon?
Halo 4:
  • Infinity's Mantis run
  • Broadsword assault on the Mantle's Approach as you exit splipspace over Earth, home, with the UNSC coming to help you
  • Forerunner's Ghost run through Requiem's core as it falls apart after the Didact awakens
  • Almost all of Composer (it was a great mission filled with Covies around every corner)
  • The Pelican level
Halo 5:
  • Blue Team defending the hangar from hordes of Covies as Argent Moon begins to go supernova
  • Battle of Sunion
  • Blue Team fighting Prometheans in the Domain as the Trials plays in the background (never thought I'd hear the Halo theme while fighting Prometheans)
most of these (especially the pelican level of Halo 4) are not memorable at all, you got to fly the pelican for not even 5 minutes and got a few stationary phantoms to fight
That's weird, that's how fighting the Halo 2 Scarab felt. But for some reason it's "memorable"
I meant the whole mission chasing the scarab from the tank bridge to running along side it while awesome music played
You kinda ditch the tank after beating up some Wraiths, go into the city via Warthog, it comes back to scare you some more, and then it...waits for you to jump on it and kill everyone inside.

Even running alongside it feels forced because again, it's not trying to hurt you. It's waiting for you to jump on it.
but the mission itself is so fun with a variety of weapons and vehicles while the Kraken mission is just linear and kind of boring
How is Halo 2's mission any less linear? The whole tank part has you go across a bridge! The Scarab walks in a straight line, and waits for you to defeat it.

EDIT: I just realized that this is the same level with the temple grounds, which gives you tons of variety of how to get past the shield. Seriously? I'm almost feeling a sense of bias from you.
I admit m,y opinions are slightly biased due to how awful the Halo 5 campaign is but the part with getting past the shield is the only part of that mission that is replayable, the rest is just going through caves fighting covenant hell there isnt even a proper opening or ending cutscene to the mission its just a pelican dropping you off which is lazy as hell considering Halo 5 needs more cutscenes which develop characters
And Halo 2 is fighting the Covenant through bridges, tunnels, and part of a city. The most open part is probably the streets with a bunch of Wraiths. The only reason I found anything in that level replayable was for the Scarab gun. Since we have MCC now, I can kinda make my own Scarab guns now
but the mission can be done is so many different ways, on foot with a multitude of weapons, warthogs, ghosts, wraiths, banshees if you can get one and two scorpions (again if you can get the second one in time) while the 'enemy lines' mission is not the worst in Halo 5 'cough the breaking cough' oh my excuse me, it's still pretty linear in comparison even the ghost section which gives you a ghost for maybe 30 seconds then blocks you from taking it any further
Same with Enemy Lines. The Ghost run, you can choose to go on foot on the left hand side. Once you get onto Temple grounds, you can go directly for the shield, you can go the left side through the Sniper alley for the button to turn off the shield, you can go down in the right side to get the Fuel Rod for the Wraith, or you can sneak under to bypass the shield altogether through a hole in the ground. Then you have the Kraken fight that's almost exactly the same as Halo 2.

The Breaking I almost expected to be linear, since you're going for Cortana and she's almost physically taking you to her. But again, I didn't say the level design of that mission was great, I liked it because of the music that went with it, just like how I like the double Scarab fight for the music.
the breaking is so bad not even the music can save it, there could of been some interesting varied sections of that level such as being able to take risky shortcut paths by jumping over floating objects with the risk of falling to your death or something, literally anything would of been better than what we got there which is possibly the worst mission in all of Halo on par with Halo 4s Shutdown
Just like how again, Halo 2 could have taken multiple varied paths to be less linear, but up until Uprising, the Arbiter spent most of his time going through elevators all day.

Or how Halo 3's Scarabs could do a little more than rotate in a circle while you shoot off it's helpless limbs.

Should also stand to reason that Halo 2 was also disliked during its release, just like Halo 5.
not to the extent of Halo 5, Halo 2 told a good story even if it did end abruptly (still a miles better and more deserved ending than that Halo 5 garbage) and Halo 5 has been out since November... it's not getting much love from mass audiences that i can see, please stop defending the bad story or 343 will continue to give us bad -Yoinking!- stories
There are some people who head towards the light when they are lost in a dark cave, and there are some who hiss at it and scream that it burns their eyes and choose to stay in darkness their entire life.
Pardon?
Oh those who think Locke isn't a non broken chief just refuse to see it
Halo 4:
  • Infinity's Mantis run
  • The Pelican level
Halo 5:
  • Battle of Sunion

Pardon?
Oh those who think Locke isn't a non broken chief just refuse to see it
Pretty much. I get you now.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4