Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Anyone else think halo 5 needs a new UI?

OP Lone Truth

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Let's be honest, the current one looks awful and is slow. I'd love a clean look similar to halo 3/reach. I know it's not a huge problem but I just get disgusted every time I look at it. The unfilled letters, the jam packed start menu, gray background all need to go. A mediocre graphic designer could make it. Some may say that it's too late for a new UI but dice remade the UI in bf4 and it looks great. That games also 3 years old now. I will say I like the load screens but everything else looks... ugh. Plus it's buggy as hell. What do you guys think?
Yes, a lot of people think Halo 5 needs a new UI. It would be nice if the armor was at least alphabetical or something, instead of kept in the order it was unlocked.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Yeah, I wish we got Halo Reach UI back. The good old days.
Darkday89 wrote:
I think it needs a new campaign.
Dude that has nothing to do with my post. It's OBVIOUS it needs a new campaign. Do you really need to say the obvious on an unrelated thread?
Lone Truth wrote:
Darkday89 wrote:
Dude that has nothing to do with my post. It's OBVIOUS it needs a new campaign. Do you really need to say the obvious on an unrelated thread?
Chill. No need to get butthurt.

Yes, it needs new UI. Current one looks outdated.
Sacr3d wrote:
Lone Truth wrote:
Darkday89 wrote:
Chill. No need to get butthurt.

Yes, it needs new UI. Current one looks outdated.
Of course you call me butt hurt because this community is cancerous and you're automatically butt hurt if you get upset that people can't take a break from pointing out mistakes that don't even have to do with what you're talking about.
I am fine with Halo 5's UI but the Halo 3 one was nice, don't want anything Halo Reach, those were the dark days of halo.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post flamebait.

Spoiler:
Show
I am fine with Halo 5's UI but the Halo 3 one was nice, don't want anything Halo Reach, those were the dark days of halo.
Well it doesn't have to have Reach art in the background. It could just have Halo 5 art. Maybe even art we can personalize ourselves.
Well it doesn't have to have Reach art in the background. It could just have Halo 5 art. Maybe even art we can personalize ourselves.
I wouldn't mind being able to choose different art, that sounds nice, I do love it when they update the art for the playlist, like the action sack one looks so good.
Sacr3d wrote:
Oh god... and people wonder why this community sucks.... gotta add that butt hurt comment don't you?
I wouldn't mind being able to choose different art, that sounds nice, I do love it when they update the art for the playlist, like the action sack one looks so good.
It a little nice I guess.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post flamebait.

Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

Spoiler:
Show
Lone Truth wrote:
2 problems with that comment
  1. Butthurt is not a noun, it is an adjective. So I was not calling you a name.
  2. I don't know what the exact word you use because it got yoinked. But it seems to have been you calling me a name. I thought you were against people calling others names...
You are not doing yourself any favors by calling "the vast majority of the community" yoinks.
Yes, a lot of people think Halo 5 needs a new UI. It would be nice if the armor was at least alphabetical or something, instead of kept in the order it was unlocked.
This is one of the bigger problems for me, if 343 was going to put so many different armor sets in the game what drugs would you have to be on to think organizing by unlock time was the way to go, but another thing is the pre game lobbies, not being able to glance through a few notable stats and see everyone's armor is really frustrating, why cut out a feature that's been in place for years when the alternative is to have everyone in the lobby stare at a bunch of emblems for 30 seconds.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.

Spoiler:
Show
Lone Truth wrote:
Oh my god dude just chill! Jesus your gettin worked up by him just calling you butthurt, wich isn't even an insult in this case.
Lone Truth wrote:
Butthurt is an adjective as you can be butthurt but you can not be a butthurt. Why are you attacking the community and why are you bypassing the forum rules?

Let's take a look back to how this all started, shall we?
  1. Somebody made a comment saying that the campaign is bad
  2. You got overly mad at them
  3. I told you to calm down
  4. You attacked me and the "vast majority of the community"
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3