Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Anyone Else Tired of Losing?

OP Hollow Mancer

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
the pepere wrote:
So I've been playing Warzone for over 3 hours now and I have no idea how many games I've got in, but all I know is I've only had 1 victory. What's going on here? I'm a good guy and I do my part. I give it my all, have a pretty good K/D, and TRY to control the map. I even try the old "use a mic to communicate with teammates that don't listen" trick but nothing will help my chances of winning at all. Focused, Balanced, Expanded settings didn't matter either.

Yeah a working with a Spartan Company MIGHT help but I'd rather get right into the game and play what I want when I want. To me it makes sense that the chance of me getting randomly put on the winning team is 50/50. This is apparent at all. This has happened on several play sessions.

So really is there something else I don't know about? Is my rep bad? Is there someway to appease the gods of fate? Or statistically speaking: Is this just normal?
Sometimes you are just in a bad mood...
I once lost 8 games in a row :/
ouch so discouraging
Bionicled wrote:
GRATZMAN67 wrote:
So I've been playing Warzone for over 3 hours now and I have no idea how many games I've got in, but all I know is I've only had 1 victory. What's going on here? I'm a good guy and I do my part. I give it my all, have a pretty good K/D, and TRY to control the map. I even try the old "use a mic to communicate with teammates that don't listen" trick but nothing will help my chances of winning at all. Focused, Balanced, Expanded settings didn't matter either.

Yeah a working with a Spartan Company MIGHT help but I'd rather get right into the game and play what I want when I want. To me it makes sense that the chance of me getting randomly put on the winning team is 50/50. This is apparent at all. This has happened on several play sessions.

So really is there something else I don't know about? Is my rep bad? Is there someway to appease the gods of fate? Or statistically speaking: Is this just normal?
You don't play WZ for wins or losses, or a good K/D—you play WZ to earn high XP (especially with REQ boosts).
Do you get more XP if you win?
Not much more...nothing to warrant blowing a gasket over
The game's matching system will try to keep you around or a little below a 50% win ratio so you'll get a lot of 1 or 2 wins and then 2 or 3 losses. You can also get an unlucky streak of several losses in a row sometimes.

I was looking at your games and you did get more than 1 win, but you also have a lot of DNF's where it looked like you quit in the early stages of the game. In a few of them, your team went on to win the game. Do you get disconnected a lot or do you quit?
This is why solo only match making should be a thing.
Just to play devils advocate. Assuming you played 9 games in those 3 hours, the odds of losing 8/9 games is around 1.76%, so it isn't out of the question for this to occur with balanced teams. Sometimes you just get unlucky. Comparatively, the odds of getting a halo 2 BR from a gold pack as a new player is .03% and .17% if you have all uncommon and rare unlocks (and no ultra rare or legendary unlocks).
I play Solo 99% of the time. I do have a few friends that play but there limited on time.

If I get Into a few loosing games I will finish the game and back away for a few Mins then try again. sometimes It works and sometimes It doesn't.
There have to be losers for there to be winners. Such is the nature of competition.
If by "tired of losing" you mean lose 5-8 matches of grifball in a row because the "skill-based" matchmaking system keeps flinging me on a team with level 1-50's vs groups of 80-130's despite using the balanced setting for networking and is complete garbage then yes!

And dont even get me started when me and my friend first started playing warzone together...
Nah. I play just for fun, I know I do get competitive in a warzone or arena game sometimes, but that's usually when I play with my friends & when they are in the room with me or in the lobby with me. But if I am playing by myself, then I could care less if randoms do what they want to win the match, as long as they get double digits in spartan kills, then they're okay with me & I don't mind receiving a defeat, there is no shame in a defeat. I like playing solo because most of the time, others don't realize, that I tend to do better when I am left alone sometimes(it depends on my health, if I'm sick I will not play well or be focused), but if my team doesn't get at least 8 to 10 kills, then that is where I do get frustrated & try to keep myself claim, because I think to myself saying "Why did I even try to help pull the fight around".
Bro I feel your pain.

Im a solo player. I do not have the patience for a fireteam nor do I ever want to run one. Companies are for kids with no skill imo, but thats another discussion.

Im a good player. I have no doubt in my abilities to fend for myself, but the past 2 weeks I've just gone a major losing spree. In WZ, not too long ago, I was 51% W/L ratio, now its down to 47.5% I believe, aka 20 or so wins from being back at even.

I'm always at the top for personal score in WZ, 9/10 I'm number 1 for my team because Im a major objective player. I believe Hog Wild has messed with my luck most recently. Once again, the REQ pool has been diluted with useless Warthog variants and now nobody wants to play objectively it seems. Everyone just wants -Yoinking!- kills- no stealing bases, no focus on bosses.

I don't know what to pin point this sudden losing streak on... I was doing fine by myself a few weeks ago, going postive and winning majority of the time, now its loss after loss. Really makes you start considering other games.
KonLive wrote:

343 recently tweaked matchmaking to increase team vs. team matching, and also added adjustments to balance solo player teams more evenly. The better player you are, the lower skilled teammates you get matched up with to offset your team's balance.
I am starting to witness this first hand. I went into a match after having the previous match end with a 32/3 K/D. They sent me into another room with randoms and I wound up getting my "yoink" handed to me. Every match I do well in, only puts me into a game that has already started and my team is behind by hundreds of points.
No I personally love it.
This is why solo only match making should be a thing.
Just to play devils advocate. Assuming you played 9 games in those 3 hours, the odds of losing 8/9 games is around 1.76%, so it isn't out of the question for this to occur with balanced teams. Sometimes you just get unlucky. Comparatively, the odds of getting a halo 2 BR from a gold pack as a new player is .03% and .17% if you have all uncommon and rare unlocks (and no ultra rare or legendary unlocks).
I just wanted to say I like it when you talk numbers.
Tired of feeling lost
Tired of letting go
Tear the whole world down!
Tear the whole world down!
Bro I feel your pain.

Im a solo player. I do not have the patience for a fireteam nor do I ever want to run one. Companies are for kids with no skill imo, but thats another discussion.

Im a good player. I have no doubt in my abilities to fend for myself, but the past 2 weeks I've just gone a major losing spree. In WZ, not too long ago, I was 51% W/L ratio, now its down to 47.5% I believe, aka 20 or so wins from being back at even.

I'm always at the top for personal score in WZ, 9/10 I'm number 1 for my team because Im a major objective player. I believe Hog Wild has messed with my luck most recently. Once again, the REQ pool has been diluted with useless Warthog variants and now nobody wants to play objectively it seems. Everyone just wants -Yoinking!- kills- no stealing bases, no focus on bosses.

I don't know what to pin point this sudden losing streak on... I was doing fine by myself a few weeks ago, going postive and winning majority of the time, now its loss after loss. Really makes you start considering other games.
This too is true. I can say 23 times that the enemy is pushing for the Monument but no one gives a care. They just wanna ride the hogs. It's not just that. I can predict every move the enemy makes and all I got is half my team doing their own lone wolf thing. I don't think there's really a fix for this though.

Just my guess... but it might be, that since school let out the kids are home during the weekdays now playing. The game is rated teen, so there's probably 13 yr old's and possibly younger playing. I've noticed almost all my teammate's in the games I've been in lately running around the map just killing anything that moves including me. There not going after any objectives to win the game. Between that and the JIP games that I'm dropped into daily (90% of them) my win went down from 48% to 40%. I don't worry much about k/d because I don't play competitive games (not good enough).
Gets frustrating though when you lose almost all the games everyday.
GRATZMAN67 wrote:
Bionicled wrote:
GRATZMAN67 wrote:

You don't play WZ for wins or losses, or a good K/D—you play WZ to earn high XP (especially with REQ boosts).
Do you get more XP if you win?
Not much more...nothing to warrant blowing a gasket over
i like that answer, i got sick of checking my kda all the bloody time on slayer .....!!

Everyone looses eventually, no need to make a forum about it. There's always a forum about something.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2