Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Anyone wishes there was a Warzone Firefight update

OP Orion Crux 9

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I know the game has been out for 5 years, I'm also aware that MCC is getting massive updates, and I know Halo: Infinite is the main concern. However, I just realized besides Mythic Warzone, we never really got a lot of changes to this mode. For example I wish we had the other Warzone map variations there also. I remember Warzone having a lot of maps and boss variety. It would be cool on Warzone Firefight to have an update where we play the other maps and fight some of the other bosses like Captain Haestro and especially Jul M'Dama. I'm aware you fight them in regular Warzone, but regular Warzone in this day and age isn't really as fun as it used to be. What do you guys think? Do you think Warzone Firefight needs a change to spice up the gameplay or do you think it's fine the way it is?
A Warzone Map Pack in general would have been nice. As far as I can remember, only Skirmish at Darkstar was the only new map Warzone ever got.
A Warzone Map Pack in general would have been nice. As far as I can remember, only Skirmish at Darkstar was the only new map Warzone ever got.
We did get changes to the bosses, like they are different colors now to show Legendary and Mythic. But that's all we ever got, I remember back on the old forums we could see how many times we killed certain Warzone bosses, I have no idea why they got rid of that.
Well maybe not a maps update but it would be good to reallocate some bosses, i mean i know that you can't kill every boss in vehicle but sometimes the knights get inside in the garage with a lot of soldiers who never stop respawning and no matter how many overshields you have, they kill you in a few seconds.
WZ/FF sucked compared to ODST & Reach Firefight; the H5 Prometheans are all horribly un-fun to fight and stupidly annoying/ OP, regardless of difficulty. I realize most of it was by design, which makes it all even worse.
KevChaos86 wrote:
WZ/FF sucked compared to ODST & Reach Firefight; the H5 Prometheans are all horribly un-fun to fight and stupidly annoying/ OP, regardless of difficulty. I realize most of it was by design, which makes it all even worse.
This sums up the issues with WZFF so well. Prometheans are a perfect example of how not to design enemies. Bullet sponges that teleport and use hitscan weapons... not good game design. Even worse, you have Knights: bullet sponge tanks who spam homing explosive rounds that cannot be dodged unless you are across the map. Lastly, you have those self-healing ex-machina Watchers that simply ruin any progress you make on a boss. Crawlers are weird, but fine to fight.

I like how you get to play on big maps and can use multiple vehicles. But, the problem with the latter is that it involves the REQ system, so I can’t call in a Banshee, for example, without considering how I may not have enough left. That’s not fun, but predatory. 343i also changed the weapon tuning and changed the REQ levels at which certain loadout weapons are available, making them less viable to use. That is also predatory. Also, way too many bugs with how the enemy AI behaves, no choice in spawn location, the list goes on and on. So, while the map selection is not that big, the maps themselves are quite fun to play on and one of the only bright spots of FF.

If WZFF got an update, I’d be thrilled. But, other than the maps, it would have to be totally scrapped and rebuilt to be a solid and memorable mode. Anything else would be applying yet another band-aid. I am excited for Infinite, so we can finally put H5 completely in the past and forget about it.
Well maybe not a maps update but it would be good to reallocate some bosses, i mean i know that you can't kill every boss in vehicle but sometimes the knights get inside in the garage with a lot of soldiers who never stop respawning and no matter how many overshields you have, they kill you in a few seconds.
Yeah, I really hate fighting any form of the Hunter bosses, I absolutely hate that's located in such awkward angles in the garage to the point we have to have tanks and Mantis on top of each other to kill them.
tuhin94 wrote:
KevChaos86 wrote:
This sums up the issues with WZFF so well. Prometheans are a perfect example of how not to design enemies. Bullet sponges that teleport and use hitscan weapons... not good game design. Even worse, you have Knights: bullet sponge tanks who spam homing explosive rounds that cannot be dodged unless you are across the map. Lastly, you have those self-healing ex-machina Watchers that simply ruin any progress you make on a boss. Crawlers are weird, but fine to fight.

I like how you get to play on big maps and can use multiple vehicles. But, the problem with the latter is that it involves the REQ system, so I can’t call in a Banshee, for example, without considering how I may not have enough left. That’s not fun, but predatory. 343i also changed the weapon tuning and changed the REQ levels at which certain loadout weapons are available, making them less viable to use. That is also predatory. Also, way too many bugs with how the enemy AI behaves, no choice in spawn location, the list goes on and on. So, while the map selection is not that big, the maps themselves are quite fun to play on and one of the only bright spots of FF.

If WZFF got an update, I’d be thrilled. But, other than the maps, it would have to be totally scrapped and rebuilt to be a solid and memorable mode. Anything else would be applying yet another band-aid. I am excited for Infinite, so we can finally put H5 completely in the past and forget about it.
I do think fundamentally the way Warzone Firefight works is a bit overwhelming. In the original Firefight you just killed the enemies but in this one when a boss is there, the bosses constantly spawn enemies in, I really wish there was a breakoff point with how many enemies spawn in during boss fights. I get there are 8 Spartans, but on Mythic it's pretty ridiculous. I mention the maps because there are so many maps on Warzone not being used for Warzone Firefight. I do hope they take more ideas from all the Firefights and make on solid firefight in Halo: Infinite. Use ODST's difficulty, use Reach's weapon modes, and use Halo 5's bosses (just don't make them so ridiculously tanky).
Yeah, I really hate fighting any form of the Hunter bosses, I absolutely hate that's located in such awkward angles in the garage to the point we have to have tanks and Mantis on top of each other to kill them.
tuhin94 wrote:
KevChaos86 wrote:
I do think fundamentally the way Warzone Firefight works is a bit overwhelming. In the original Firefight you just killed the enemies but in this one when a boss is there, the bosses constantly spawn enemies in, I really wish there was a breakoff point with how many enemies spawn in during boss fights. I get there are 8 Spartans, but on Mythic it's pretty ridiculous. I mention the maps because there are so many maps on Warzone not being used for Warzone Firefight. I do hope they take more ideas from all the Firefights and make on solid firefight in Halo: Infinite. Use ODST's difficulty, use Reach's weapon modes, and use Halo 5's bosses (just don't make them so ridiculously tanky).
Yeah good idea. Sorry, did not mean to suggest the other maps wouldn’t be a benefit because I think they would make things more fun.
tuhin94 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
KevChaos86 wrote:
Yeah good idea. Sorry, did not mean to suggest the other maps wouldn’t be a benefit because I think they would make things more fun.
There was a video years ago that showed how Warzone Firefight could be improved did you know that the Soldiers in the Mantis are just assault rifles?
tuhin94 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
KevChaos86 wrote:
There was a video years ago that showed how Warzone Firefight could be improved did you know that the Soldiers in the Mantis are just assault rifles?
I did not, but that is funny! I suppose no harm there since it’s not something the players see anyway and developers hide stuff like that all the time.
tuhin94 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
KevChaos86 wrote:
I did not, but that is funny! I suppose no harm there since it’s not something the players see anyway and developers hide stuff like that all the time.
Always found that interesting, I thought the Soldiers just hijacked the Mantis. Since we do have them driving Warthogs and Ghost.

Warzone glitchesAlso found the video.
Warzone actually received quite a few maps in H5's lifespan.

Base Experience:
Raid on Apex 7
Escape from Arc
March on Stormbreak

Added:
Skirmish at Darkstar
The Sanghelios map with a green side and desert side
Battle of Noctis? (The city map which was seen in pre-release trailers, you could argue this content was purposefully held back)
Prospect (for WZ assault and FF)
Temple (for WZ assault and FF)
Warzone actually received quite a few maps in H5's lifespan.

Base Experience:
Raid on Apex 7
Escape from Arc
March on Stormbreak

Added:
Skirmish at Darkstar
The Sanghelios map with a green side and desert side
Battle of Noctis? (The city map which was seen in pre-release trailers, you could argue this content was purposefully held back)
Prospect (for WZ assault and FF)
Temple (for WZ assault and FF)
Now that you mention them, you're right. For some reason I had either forgotten that they existed or assumed they were in the base game at launch.
It really just needs a balance update, not a content update. I get Mythic is suppose to be hard, but you have some rounds that are super easy and others are nearly impossible. Namely, any defend the generator rounds are incredibly difficult. The enemies can destroy it in seconds, but then you'll get another round where you have to kill a measly 25 Promethean Soldiers, which is easily winnable with 2+ players in ghosts, and if you die just spawn another.

The round timer is also kind of lame. The entire match should be a set amount of time, and if you're clearing rounds fast that should pay off at the end and give you extra time, which would be helpful if it's taking awhile to kill 3 Wardens or 4 Hunters Ultras. Can't tell you how many games were seconds away from winning just for the timer to run out. Not being able to chose your spawn is also pretty annoying. Nothing like spawning a tank and having to spend over a minute driving to the action, losing over 20% of the round time.

As far as maps go they should add Battle of Noctus to the pool, since it plays a little differently than Urban.
343 should have an update for wz, especially when the population is starting to come back. For example, they could fix some bugs and polish the game a little.
The entire Warzone Firefight needs an update to be honest, but since they most likely won't divert resources away from Infinite. I'd at least like the other Warzone maps and bosses to play a role. MCC can get updates 5 years later, so can Halo 5.
Of course, since WZ needs a lot of improvements. The last update we got was like over 3 years ago lol.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Of course, since WZ needs a lot of improvements. The last update we got was like over 3 years ago lol.
Kinda depressing when you think about it.
I wish there was a way to start your own mode, even if it was solo player. At least then you could choose bosses, difficulty and maps.
They would need to scale down the bosses though.
I'm all for a FF update to Polish and Fix bugs while fixing the AI balance in there to
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2